shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Tiffany Ring in Tiffany Box??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baggins

Rough_Rock
What is your opinion about placing an engagement ring that you did not buy at Tiffany''s in a blue Tiffany''s box? (can be bought on ebay) to surprise your gf? She is not expecting a Tiffany''s diamond so it will not be a cruel joke, and it IS a very nice Superbcert Diamond in platinum.....I will not try to trick her into thinking it''s a Tiffany''s ring; just thought this might be "different"

thanks!

dpe49

Rough_Rock
Bad Idea! I've been married for more than 20yrs. This is not the kind of joke that she will appreciate!
nono.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm...NO.

Even if you don't intend to fool her and she's not expecting a Tiff ring, that's still misleading.

Everyone knows the blue box. She will see it and think..."OH MY GOD......oh."

I think it will be setting her up to get a confused reaction about the ring and the box and why, when really ONLY the beautiful ring should shine, not the box. Honestly if my guy did this, I would have to ask him why he would have thought it'd be cute? A box is a box, but when that box is a brand....the very sight of it triggers a reaction. I would focus on the ring being the center of attention so there is no confusion.

My two cents.
2.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
I agree that this is a very bad idea. As soon as she sees the box, she will think it's from Tiffany, and then there will likely be some element of disappointment and confusion when you tell her that it's not.

Just get a regular box, and this will be a complete non-issue. She will just be thrilled to be getting a ring...

Good luck!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else. Not a good idea!

Michelle

baggins

Rough_Rock
Ok, I agree too. I just saw the Tiffany's boxes/bags selling like hotcakes on ebay and was wondering what everybody was buying them for.

i completely agree that the box is a brand, and i don't want it take away from the ring.

.84ct, SI1, E 6.08 x 6.11 x 3.74
Depth: 61.4
Table: 55
Crown: 34.3
Pavilion: 40.9
Culet: .6
GIA EX/EX

I will post pics when i actually see the ring next week! Never bought a diamond ring before, but have purchased many large items on the internet (plasma tv, new car), so i'm excited about adding this to my list

digitring

Rough_Rock
If you are not trying to trick her, why you would put your ring into a Tiffany bluebox? I know some of my friends were trying to fake it by buying all those Tiffany e-ring box & bag. But they finally gave up the idea, they realized they will really hurt their gf once they find out the ring is not from Tiffany but everything else.
cry.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
If you want something special for the box (which I think would be sweet), why not go for something like this:

wood: http://www.alladd.com/ringboxes.htm
limoges porcelain: http://www.limogesboutique.com/subject_010.htm
enamel: http://www.juliesjewels.com/CTGY/Vivian-Alexander-Jewelry-Box
leather (but I've seen nicer ones, this is just an example): http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/accessories_us.asp?CategoryID=11&RangeID=38&StyleID=117&ProductID=205&DesignID=578&gausringbox

EDIT: a nicer leather one: http://corporate.auctionworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=200406161319500000000012140731&sfid=101258&c=10040009&i=53234603

elmo65

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with the others... You may invoke a reaction that will subsequently embarass her or make her feel disappointed. Unintentionally, of course. My advice is never mess around when it comes to diamonds!! Been married a LONG time!
nono.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worse ?
rolleyes.gif

TiffanyBox.JPG

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others, not a good idea. Is superbcert setting the diamond for you as well? I would think that you will get a nice box from them when they ship the ring. After all, the focus is the ring not the box. I'm sure she will be so thrilled that she won't even notice the box. As for the black velvet box my engagement ring came in, after DH presented it to me and I started wearing it, it went in my sock drawer where it has remained ever since. Nostalgic to look at, but still a box nonetheless.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a note, this is a thread from APRIL of this year, so I'm sure the poster has made his decision and presented the ring however he saw fit in the last 4 months...
2.gif

Val..I love those small Limoges Tiffany boxes, I got my best friend one for her initial for her birthday this year. I also found out (after the fact of course)through a friend where Tiffany buys them before they get branded.
2.gif
naughty.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/15/2004 4:12:43 PM Mara wrote:

I also found out (after the fact of course)through a friend where Tiffany buys them before they get branded.
2.gif
naughty.gif

----------------

Mara,

Where is the place Tiffany buys from? lol These are cute little boxes and I want one!
9.gif

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results