shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on WhiteFlash CADs

I just recieved my WF CAD images and I wanted to get some opinions here on the design from all of you, it was a big step for me to just move forward and do the CADs so of course I'm nervous.

I think they did a wonderful job, and everyone at WF was so patient and helpfuI...but I'd like to hear from all of you since your opinions are unbiased.
BACKGROUND: I wanted a semi uternity similar to the one on their website-Annette , but with a shallow 'u' design bc for some reason I really don't like seeing the culets? on the bottom-guess I'm wierd since most do. I sent them a few pictures of different rings and we took elements from all of them to create this cad. I wanted a euroshank bc I tried a jaffe ring on that had it and loved the feel of it. The diamonds are .20 aca(went backand forth between 15's or 20's--went with 20's since it will be worn alone) melee-8 total and I chose platinum for the metal. This is my annv upgrade, was going to redo my set, but fell in love with all the annv.bands and I really like the simplicity of wearing one ring and will probably get my original diamond put into a pendant someday(which makes sense bc the diamond more pendant quality anyway). When not wearing this I will wear my plain gold wedding band I was married with that I love and is special to me(ie, around house, simple errands, working out,etc.)

So tell me ladies and gents--what do you think? ;))

CAD1.JPG

CAD2.JPG

candy

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I love it :love:

I think it's even nicer than the regular U-prong rings. Well done!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think it's going to be FABULOUS! I'm Annette (of the WF ring) and I can tell you that you will LOVE their finished product. I can't wait to see your ring. I'm sure it's going to look delicate and BLINGY at at once. :love:

Thanks so much Candy, I am so excited yet still so nervous! I guess that is normal?

Miss Annette--I am honored for your opinion and have lurked over many past threads of yours and others with similar bands!
I basically told them I wanted a modifed Annette with the shallow 'U''s and partial eternity with bigger diamonds uptop. The single prong/bar modify just kinda happened when discussing things with joe-WF Designer...I was showing him a few, shared prongs, single and smaller bars and we thought this would complement the euroshank etc...Do you agree?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring will be just beautiful. I love the sz of the stones, the modified uprong and the euroshank. I'm excited to see the
finished product! It will look just perfect! I'm not on a lot these days (have 3 kids at home off all summer) but I will def. check back to see pics of your ring!

ahh, thanks Annette and I feel ya--I've got 2 kids and man I'm ready for school to start back!

now bump, any other opinions good or bad? thanks in advance!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
I really REALLY like it. It is something simliar to what my journey necklace does and I have thought that having a ring similar to that would be beautiful, and here it is! You must be so excited and proud, I would be.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. I love that....like I really, really love it!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous no doubt, just if the stones (1-8) will not rub on the fingers.

Thanks for the replys again and keep them coming please.

Doc 1- I questioned the terminal prongs(the last ones before the euroshank) on each side since they stick out a bit in the transition and I still need to talk to WF about smoothing that out a bit so that is a concern for me as well thanks for the reply on it.
I did request as low profile as possible, and they estimated @2.9mm in height mainly bc of the diamond size but I wanted to stay with the larger diamonds since I will be wearing it alone...ahh, this is so hard!

anyone with 20 pointers want to chime in on their comfort(eternity or partial?)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if WF will do this, but I recommend having the wax mold sent to you for approval before casting. That way, you can try it on and make a best guess about how it will look on your finger. Yes, the pictures look lovely, but you want to know for sure that's it's right for your hand, in terms of appearance, comfort, and fit.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Such an elegant ring. I do hope you'll post picks after it's done. Congratulations on your anniversary! :appl:

Being mostly a lurker here on this board, I realize now if you have time to lurk then post--BECAUSE the comments mean so much! It's the first thing I wanted to ck on this morning!

Starryeyed-This is an excellent tip I woud of never thought of so I will ask this question to WF. Thanks...and your completely right about yes you love it but do you love it on your hand.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring will be stunning :love:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed said:
I'm not sure if WF will do this, but I recommend having the wax mold sent to you for approval before casting. That way, you can try it on and make a best guess about how it will look on your finger. Yes, the pictures look lovely, but you want to know for sure that's it's right for your hand, in terms of appearance, comfort, and fit.

I definitely agree with this suggestion. I wish some of our custom jeweler's offered this service in the past. It would have taken alot of the educated guesswork out of creating a piece.

I can tell you from owning a seven stone of ten pointers, and a five stone of thirty pointers, I didn't want to feel the pinch of the end prongs between my fingers, so in the case of my five stone from WF, they left the prongs off the ends and finished it with little half bezel cuffs. It's not what I wanted, but it's growing on me slowly with time and I don't feel anything on the ends.

What size is your finger?

I am a 5 when I was sized, but felt so tight to me, and the 5.5 way falling off so I thought I'd go with 5.25...
BUT then I found this post last night from a D&T that had a full 'cup shaped' eternity band that looks similar to the top of mine and she said due to the scalloping effect it fit way to big so to error on the smaller side for sizing--I wish I could find that post again..I cannot.
GemGirl:
I tried on a 7 stone with 13 pointers at Tiffany's and loved it(not the price) and I remember thinking I wish the stone were a tad bigger since this is my one and only ring. Then I kept reading all the spinning issues with semi eternity and I don't want full eternity so thought this might give me the look of one with the comfort below...if I went down to 7 or up to 9 stones would that change anything? maybe I could do the semi bezel end prongs they will be far enough down it wouldn't change the look would it?-I am worried about those last two prongs pinching-- I haven't caught back up with WF yet after my CAD images due to my crazy schedule plus its probably good for me to process a little bit.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Just a thought .....and i echo what was said about asking for the wax model to be sent to try it on then the guessing part is gone so if no discomfort you go with the original CAD as per schedule, however it seems to my eyes that the 1st/8th stones are going to be hidden any way with the fingers most of the time, they are way low on that level to show when the ring is on ( I could be wrong ), as if paying for an extra stones that will not show much, now taking 1st/8th out (and please notice how the first picture top view shows 6 beautiful stones only, and that could be the reason for Tiffany to have 7 small stones so they will still be above the level of the rest of the fingers and show) the body of the ring and the shanks will sweep upward in an elegant way and it will complete the stunning lower half of the ring that i liked too much, and you will save some :)

This ring is GORGEOUS.
JMHO

I will be asking WF about the wax being sent to me-I love this idea and I think it would rest my mind a bit...The custom process is bit overwhelming to me, but WF has held my hand and guided me thru it. I just never saw a ring that gave me all the qualities I wanted.

Overall I think the feedback so far has been super positive and I'm glad to hear I wasn't way off in left field with my design.

DOC 1--I see what your saying exactly...in the 'thru finger cad pic" I can picture it exactly as your describing...only thing is I wanted to extra stones to help with spinning...actually at first I wanted 10 stones going up to the euroshank, but this really wouldn't work very well(not enough room I think) so we then went 9 and finally decided on 8....I'd have to wrap my head around 6, but this is a very good point and thought.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I suggested asking WF to send you the wax to try on is because I know of another one of our vendors, who sent an actual cast mounting (no stones) to a "regular" customer for her approval before her ring was made. I'm not going to mention who they were because I can't pull up the post to support what I'm saying. I remember thinking when reading it that it was a great idea to do that, especially because of the remote design process that we PSers regularly use. It would make the whole thing SO much easier.

Also, and this is from first hand experience, I chose a setting for a loose diamond from a NYC diamond district seller's website. I called them to ask if I could come in to see and try on the settings in person. They said yes, but they also said they could send me anything I wanted to see in sterling silver and that I could try them on at home and think about it and compare mountings before I make my decision. I thought how great is that! That company is Eternity Diamonds for anyone who doesn't live in NY and would like to see their pieces in person. Yoni was a really nice man to speak with on the phone. Lastly, one other manufacturer, the Diana company, will also send a sterling version of a mounting someone is interested in, to a jeweler that regularly sells their line. They won't send it to the customer, but that still beats choosing something sight unseen from a book.

In any case, I think our custom vendors would be doing a wonderful service to themselves by offering to send us either a wax -or- a cast version in sterling for our approval before the project goes forward. *hint hint hint*

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
VERY cool design!!

Hello all: I talked with Joe today shortly and he is planning on cking with Leon and the WF crew on the wax's being sent out so I will keep you all posted once I hear anything. I am away this week on family vacation--so things have been a bit hectic!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot!!! Nice twist on an 8 stone stone. (I've never seen an 8 stone) Usually you see them with an odd number to stones.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Sooo pretty!!! I was speaking with WF earlier today on a VERY similar project, but involving the design in an e-ring instead of a band only. I bet yours was the one that was mentioned during our conversation. :D I really love how the CAD turned out on yours! I'm excited now to see what they come up with for me!

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful advice and help...

swingirl--I know it does seem a little wierd an 8 stone--I usually see either 7 or 9 or 11 etc... I am still trying to decide on those stones, I'm just so afraid of it being uncomfortable on the side of my fingers...I'm just not sure going up to 9 or down to 7 will make that much of a difference??? What do you guys think? I really wanted the eternity look with comfort underneath like I mentioned before.
I had first got quotes on .15 aca melee (11 total) but then decided I might as well go for the .20's since it will be worn by itself and most people seem to stay smaller mostly to keep it in relation to an engagment ring...

uggh this is the hardest part for me, I love the design I just want it to be COMFORTABLE!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! the 8 number is unusual, but honestly I didn't even notice til you said so, and then I had to go back and count! The style looks perfect :love:

eskiez- I bet this would look so pretty in an engagement ring setting also but be careful and make sure you can get a band to go with it that won't eat at each other! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Yssie--thanks--its so good to hear from all of you "expert PSer's" that the style is a hit! I told Joe today and he seemed a bit tickled! :praise: I know I am!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing!

Two things to think about. 1) the durability of single shared prongs, it will make it more likely to lose a diamond. Confirm with WF that the prongs are large enough to be long term durable. 2) consider the half bezel on the terminal prongs. I have it on my smaller half eternity and think it really makes the ring more comfortable. It will change the appearance, though but maybe they can make a very small bezel, not cupping the whole half of the diamond, but still bigger than the current prong. You won't see that part of the ring anywas, so comfort would trump appearance in my mind.

UPDATE: So looks like it's a no from WF for sending out the wax...I got word today...I am bummed and emailed them back and told them a lot of PS'ers will be bummed with me, but such is life...thoughts?

I am in the midst of planning a 50th annv party, and away from home so Ithink I will let things lay a bit until I get back on my home base.
I think the bezel ends idea is fabulous and I agree comfort would trump looks. I still am considering adding or dropping a diamond to help with comfort--ugggh so many things to think about....

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Sheerah and I definitely touched on this as well. I have been looking at Memoire purity sets but they are super expensive and don't have a halo, which is a must-have for me. So we were talking about letting the metal in the band protrude a little as you get closer to the finger to prevent the girdles of the stones from rubbing together when wearing both rings. Now I am at a point where I would love to have CADs made, but my boyfriend wants the rest of the process to be a surprise, so I might not know what the final will look like until it is on my finger! AHHH!

littlemissindecisive said:
eskiez- I bet this would look so pretty in an engagement ring setting also but be careful and make sure you can get a band to go with it that won't eat at each other! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results