shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding TV

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
So I am obsessed with Say Yes to the Dress.
I used to watch Platinum Weddings but decided I had to stop :tongue:
I'll occasionally tune into Bridezillas, but as a general rule, that show drives me up a wall
because the women are just nuts, and I can't imagine who would marry them. It's disgusting.

Any wedding related shows you ladies love to watch?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i'm obsessed w/ SYTTD as well! i DVR it and i'm liking the new one in Atlanta too. i had to stop watching PW too b/c while it's nice seeing these gorgeous weddings, it was a bit depressing knowing i could never afford to do anything at that stature. also, some (although not all) of the brides just seemed like spoiled brats to me. Bridezillas is like a train-wreck show - you can't stand to watch but at the same time you just can't help sometimes. i end up pitying the doormat of a fiance and i realize why divorce rates are up. :bigsmile: :rolleyes:

i like watching My Fair Wedding b/c i just adore David Tutera! i love how he is with his brides and i'm always in awe over his planning skills.

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I've watched all of thoes except Bridezilla, I have no interest in watching crazy B*tches yell about what should be a wonderful day (now that I've said that I better not turn into one of them).

I love getting ideas from all of the shows, they always think of things that I never would have dreamed of. They also make me want to hire an amazing wedding planner like David but not sure I'll find one so fabulous around here that isn't $$$$.

On the first episode of SYTTD Atlanta, I knew one of the girls, it was so exciting to see her on tv.

I get myself in trouble with the BF when I watch cause he says I'm obsessed, I just say I enjoy watching and it has nothing to do with planning our wedding.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I watch them all! TLC has so many that come on for about a month or so. Like Battle of the wedding Planners, four Weddings, etc....

My favorite is definitely Say Yes to The dress. I even watch the repeats over and over again. I just love all the dresses. It has made my dress budget in my head continually go up :) I would love to be able to go to Kleinfelds but if I got in there all the dresses I would want would probably be way out of budget.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I love SYTTD! I've seen every episode. It's going to take me a minute to warm up to the ATL people. Especially the man cause I love Randy and he's no Randy!

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Fun thread!! :appl:
I'm also a Say Yes fan! It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to tune out and soak up the wedding dress love! I haven't seen the Atlanta shows yet, and can't wait to catch that as a marathon day. I also love My Fair Wedding (love you Tuttera!!!) and Platinum Weddings- a girl can dream!
I haven't subjected my boyfriend to Platinum Weddings or My Fair Wedding...yet. He says he doesn't like Say Yes, but doesn't really protest too much when it's on. He just think it's insanity to spend what some of the girls on there spend on a dress.
Happy Wedding Tv'ing!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I love the shows with david tuttera..he is awesome!

I watch SYTD...I actually sent in an application to it! I made an appointment at Kleinfelds just to see how it is there..I cant wait!

Platinum weddings was cool for a while and then I just kinda got bored of it.

Bridezillas can be interesting, but disturbing...haha.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I've never seen My Fair Wedding, I'm going to have to check that out.
There used to be this show on WE called Rich Bride, Poor Bride that I absolutely fell
in love with, but it doesn't seem to be on anymore :(

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
vip0802 said:
i like watching My Fair Wedding b/c i just adore David Tutera! i love how he is with his brides and i'm always in awe over his planning skills.

ditto this times a billion. He's sort of drool worthy, too. His partner is one lucky man. Lol actually he looks just like one of my French teachers, who was also drool worthy : P

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I love SYTTD I missed the Atlanta premier last Friday. I too use to watch PW but due to the fact I could never afford and even I could would never spend that much money on a wedding I stopped. I do watch bridezillas it's my guilty pleasure I love that show. The women are just nuts and I also watch My fair wedding I love that show too. I DVR all the shows because sometimes I don't have time to watch it. My SO can't stand t.v. on Sunday because he knows it's wedding Sunday thanks to WE t.v. LOL . His just like wedding stuff again! I love getting on his nerves.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE SYYTD and bridezilla. I dont know why about Bridezilla, i think because these chicks are crazy and the guys should be running to the hill. Its funny to me, cuz for all the ranting they are doing, a lot of the times, the wedding isnt great. The SO hates when i watch Bridezilla, he's like" O yes, let me guess, shes gonna throw something at him...OOOOO, i was right". Its my guilty pleasure to watch by myself with some popcorn and a glass of wine. LoL..

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Also, Planitum weddings use to make me sick. I couldnt people were spending all that money on a wedding. Half the amount could feed a small village!

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock
I'm a Fair Wedding fan also. Last Sunday I was watching this marathon that was on and bf was around to see the damage as well. When I got up to take a shower I thought for sure he'd change the channel within 30 seconds, but to my amazement, it was still on when I was all done! Bridezillas is a bit too much for me though, I can watch for about 5 minutes but have to turn it off. Though it was funny to watch that one girl smash her hand into her cake because she wanted chocolate instead of vanilla, even though she knew she was in the wrong and asked for the other cake. How could someone be ok with people knowing you're just a terrible horrible manipulative person like that? Am I evil for being disappointed that they're not divorced within another year of their wedding (if you've ever watched the "where are they now" episodes).

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Mashira said:
I've never seen My Fair Wedding, I'm going to have to check that out.
There used to be this show on WE called Rich Bride, Poor Bride that I absolutely fell
in love with, but it doesn't seem to be on anymore :(

I think the season just ended, but I hope it comes on again! That is my FAVORITE wedding show! Partially because they say how much everything costs.. so I can gauge what I will be able to afford and what I wont..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results