shape
carat
color
clarity

Single or Full Cut Diamonds on Micropave?

Ruup

Rough_Rock
Just been speaking to Leon about this and I was always under the impression that single cut diamonds were better but from speaking to him he said as the pave gets bigger not to go with single cut. He said on the engagement ring with the band being 2mm the pave was going to be bigger so definitely not to go with single cut due to the way the facets become bigger and it doesn't look as nice however on the three row of diamonds wedding band he would definitely recommend it. So for the time being we are going with the single cuts on the wedding band and full cut on the engagement ring.

Just wanted to see what the general opinion on here is on that

I've got two rings being made from him, the engagement ring and wedding band

http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/ ... age_id=596 - Like this but with a cushion cut diamond, four double claws and 2mm thick
http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/ ... age_id=310 - Wedding band like this but 2.5mm thick

And a spacer inbetween the two

Thanks again :)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you fix the link?

use [ url][ /url] without the space after {

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm, weird.

Basically the wedding band is just side and top pave if I am seeing the image correctly, meaning the stones will be about as big as the single row pave on the e-ring. I would just get full cut, else the 2 might have different visual if you are going to wear it side by side.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
hmm, weird.

Basically the wedding band is just side and top pave if I am seeing the image correctly, meaning the stones will be about as big as the single row pave on the e-ring. I would just get full cut, else the 2 might have different visual if you are going to wear it side by side.

That's my thought, too. I would do full cut in both rings so that they both visually have the same look.

Ruup

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
hmm, weird.

I think the diamonds on the three row pave will be smaller than the single row, well that is the impression I got from Leon anyway! He thought it was a really good idea to have it on the wedding band but not very keen on the engagement ring.

I didn't 100% understand him but think he was saying as the stones get bigger the facets obviously get quite bigger and so not a great idea with the bigger stones. I think he was kinda saying you don't get the sparkle effect rather bigger flashes of light, think so anyway!

My fiance is quite keen while they both have micropave but to look different as well, according to her the wedding band will be of more importance so wants it to stand out rather than just mix in with the engagement ring! Little does she know that engagement ring is prob costing me almost 10x as much so I know which one is more important to my bank balance :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visually the wedding band is going to look like it has smaller diamonds and if that's the look you want then I would go with Leon's suggestion. Single cuts look great on smaller diamond pave rings but full cuts are much better the larger you go.

Ruup

Rough_Rock
She definitely wants there to be a difference. Hence why we are going for three rows and for it to be thicker and maybe having a different type of sparkle on each band will only help in that respect? Leon did seem very keen on having single cut on the three rows but on the single row was a big no no for him, he did suggest having three rows on the engagement ring but the missus isn't keen on that and she wants there to be a difference. However he couldn't quite make his mind up whether having single and full cuts would go ok on different bands on the same finger. At first he was a bit like ummmm maybe but then he did say it would work as back in the day people used to have single and full cut diamonds on the same band.

Is it right to assume while single cuts do give of broader bigger flashes of light the full cuts do give off a more sparkly look? We saw http://www.debeers.com/Wedding-Bands/Darling-Ring/invt/j1dd10z00w this ring at De Beers and she did seem very keen on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results