shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dance Song?

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
So, I was crying about my 'Proposal Envy' post, and decided I should focus on the fact that the man of my dreams is soon going to ask me to be his bride. I vent emotions with music, and so I turned to trusty old YouTube to look up songs. This got me thinking about first dance songs. Do you ladies know what you would like your first dance song to be?

I want ours to be: "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Haha, Mashira, you crack me up!

Not sure about the song though. We want something with an old hollywood kind of feel. Maybe something by Frank Sinatra.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: I'm a nut, what can I say? I like Frank Sinatras "The Way You Look Tonight"

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
That's actually a really beautiful song. Great suggestion!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I love country music, and my boyfriend HATES it! However, we both agreed on Darius Rucker's- "History in the Making" because Darius Rucker used to be Hootie and the Blowfish, and has turned toward country music as his new type of music. The song makes me cry every time, and it honestly does not sound to country'ish if you listen to it.

Oh yea, and even though my boyfriend hates country music, he surprised me with Rascal Flatts tickets for Aug 13th :)) I CANT WAIT!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mashira! Poor baby...we are here for you!! Don't be upset....good idea to focus on something else, like music- and like you I totally express my emotions through music...I love to look up lyrics to songs. James Blunt's "High" is sort of like "our song" but I don't know that we will use it in our wedding? I have always LOVED zero7's "Destiny" but hate that she uses the word "****" in it...somehow, it just doesn't scream wedding song to me for this purpose- but I love the message. So I guess back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

orangemonster

Rough_Rock
Ours was 'I'm in the Mood for Love' by... Rod Stewart! VERY cool and updated version of a classic!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I've always wanted mine to be "Stand by Me by Ben E. King" it's so timeless and beautiful. I've also thought of my last dance of the night song "Tonights the Night by Rod Stewart" ... or is that a little much?

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
We haven't discussed it yet, but when we do my vote is currently "More" by Frank Sinatra. Idk what his vote will be. He likes really classic music though so I think he might be on board for my choice. However, he's ridiculously sarcarstic, so I'm sure he'll spend a few weeks trying to fake convince me to have some ridiculous song as our first dance... can't wait to see what he comes up with.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mashira,

Good idea to distract yourself with interesting details. I love music too and that is often what I turn to when I need something not upsetting to focus on.

Bless the Broken Road is GREAT -- I cried the first dozen times I heard it and still tear up over it.

I like:

Cross My Heart (George Strait)
From this Moment On (Shania Twain & Bryan White -- we can't use this since I just used it for my grandparents' anniversary)
Keeper of the Stars (Tracy Byrd or George Strait)

FI likes:

The Way You Look Tonight
Fly Me to the Moon

I absolutely shot down his first suggestion (Face the Music and Dance) and since then he's been on a mission to find just the right song. Its actually kind of cute and he's been wandering around the house and randomly walking up to me singing some romantic song or another :love:

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies, and lovely songs everyone! Our song is, "Somewhere only we know" by Keane but I also don't like the fit of it for the first dance. I would love for our last dance to be. "At Last" by Etta James!

Edit: I was also considering from this moment on!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. No idea. Boyfriend is a HUGE Sinatra fan, and I am too, to a lesser degree. So that would be the logical choice. Trouble is, he's been married before, and apparently there was a lot of Sinatra at his first wedding. I'm not sure if we're going to outlaw Sinatra completely (it would be sad, as we both really like his music), but our first dance has to be something different. We're also both big Beatles fans. I even had a Beatles themed birthday party this year, which he helped plan. We love the song "In My Life." It's a sweet song, and at least to me, it's about starting a new life with a new love. Never forgetting where you came from and what you've been through, but cherishing this new love above all. It's kind of perfect for us. But there's a problem. Everyone these days seems to use "In My Life" as a father/daughter dance song. I can't even say I understand why, to be honest. I think it focuses on moving on from one's past, leaving daddy behind, not honoring daddy for all he has done for you. But in any case, it's a popular father/daughter song, and my boyfriend's own sister danced to it with their father at her wedding last year. So it would be weird if we used that...right? What do you think?

If those two are out, that rules out pretty much all music that is meaningful for us both. So we'd have to find something new. Not a task I look forward to.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
My FF and I will be having a small wedding, so we are actually just toying with the idea of taking everyone to dinner at a nice restaurant afterward. Nothing is set in stone yet though, and we haven't even completely ruled out the possibility of eloping.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Either "Everything" by Michael Buble or "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontongue.

We want our last dance to be "Come Fly With Me" because he's an Air Force pilot.. :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
We did "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. It was cool because the singer really sounded just like Louis and the band was awesome! Every year on our anni we dance to it in the living room.

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
I like Etta James " At Last" and "LOVE" by Nat King Cole for first dance.
I also think the song from the movie JUNO " All I want is you" by Barry Louis Polisar would make a cute walking down the aisle song.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results