shape
carat
color
clarity

Show the parents the ring before......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heel_Yes

Rough_Rock
I am planning on getting engaged soon and will do the traditional ask the parents for their permission deal.

Should I take the ring with me and let them look at the ring? I really do not care whether they see it or not, but I know her mother will want to see it.

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
IMO, she should be the one to show her parents. It'll be so exciting for her! I'd wait, if you can, and let her do the showing.

Good luck!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Robin. Ring not necessary, but blessing is always nice in general. Good luck and congrats!

kg

Rough_Rock
I think it would be nice to bring the ring with you, especially for the mother. My fiancee brought the ring with him when he asked my parents, and my parents were so touched - when my mom saw the ring she apparently got really emotional and started crying. Then she just kept wanting to look at the ring. Anyway, it might be a nice touch ;-) Good luck!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Either way. My Dh showed my parents the ring and I think it showed them how serious he was. On the other hand, I can see how it would backfire especially if the parents thought you were being premature when expecting their blessing!
naughty.gif

kg

Rough_Rock
I see Hest's point, but I think nowadays, asking the parents beforehand is less about getting a blessing and more about the gesture of asking... But either way works!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I would let her show them the ring. I remember the best part about being newly engaged was showing off the ring.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results