shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody here drink coconut water?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard it's good for you, especially after a workout.

Any brand you recommend?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about coconut water, but I'd like to hear what people have to say about it. A friend at my local Vitamin Shoppe just recommended coconut water to me a couple of days ago to boost my immune system during my recovery from a medical problem.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE coconut waters, they are so good.

It depends on what you like, some have alot of added sugar and coconut bits in them. I can;t stand these way to sweet (and i hate pulp)
I religiously drink ONE Coconut Water, it isn't to sweet but tastes really good, they also have it added with mango and pineapple, I just drink the plain ole coconut tho.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I have tried the Vitacost brand in both the plain and mango flavors and I liked them both. I prefer these to other sports/energy drinks because the coconut water doesn't seem overly sweetened to me.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
They are very high in potassium just as a warning for anyone on blood pressure medications or diuretics that that might interfere with if drunk on a regular basis. I hear they are good for you too...but I'm not 100% sure why other than the potassium part:) I'm not crazy about it, though I keep experimenting. I prefer the non-extra flavored kind because it does have a natural milky taste which seems off with acidic fruits to me. I recommend drinking it icy cold-like over shaved ice or just before frozen. I find it very unappealing luke warm.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys!

I went to Whole Foods yesterday and picked up both the VitaCoco and the O.N.E. - they're in the fridge now, and I'll try them both later to see how they taste. I'll report back, if anyone's interested.

Mayachel - before I asked on here, I did some searches on the Internet - a lot of people don't like the extra vitamin C added to some of the brands, either...

I don't plan on drinking it all the time (it's not cheap, and I am not sure I'll like it enough to drink it all the time) - maybe after tough workouts to replace electrolytes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results