shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Help

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a plain, 900PT 2mm wedding band and I can't seem to find anything. I prefer a comfort fit style if possible. I run across loads of 950PT but I can't seem to find the metal mix I'm looking for. Please help! :wacko:

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I only know of two designers that use 900 plat. Sholdt and Mark Morrell. Other than that, 950 seems to be much more common.

Any reason you want 900? I have both and wearing them together isn't a problem.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring is 900PT so I was hoping to keep it uniform (probably just a mental thing..lol). Other than that, when I went to Tiffany's, I tried on several styles to get an idea of what I might want and the 950PT bands next to my engagement ring looked very different. My engagement ring is very "white" and I love the look of it but the band looked darker next to it and was also high polish which I didn't like. Are those normal traits of 950PT? I had simply assumed so but I don't know much about it and could very well be mistaken.

Also... I intend to purchase ring from Whiteflash (the "Danielle" band) to wear with my set that will be rose gold. (My engagement ring has a rose gold halo) What type of problems will I run into wearing platinum and rose gold together?

Thanks for your help!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
My sholdt e-ring is also 900/10 iri. When I compare it to my 950/ruth WF ring, you can only see the difference if looking very closely. But yep, the 900 is whiter. Why not get your wedding band from the same place that made your e-ring?

Regarding gold and platinum together, I believe the platinum can wear away the gold. So a cheapie gold spacer between the two would work. But if you're looking to wear all 3 rings together, not sure what you can do.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I would purchase from the same place that my engagement ring came from but the setting that he purchased was from a local artist that no longer produces rings. :blackeye:

Maybe I'll contact Mark and see what he can come up with. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results