shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Tiffany Legacy Inspired Ring

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I''m new to this forum and signed up just so I can find out more about this ring. Will LOGR customize a ring for me with the stone that I want? I love the 8mm that I saw on one of the threads when I was searching... Will they thin out the bezel if I ask? I''ve already messaged them on ebay, but just wanted to hear your experiences. I love this ring!!! But I don''t have $$$ kicking around to get the Tiffany Legacy. I would love a deep green or orange colour. I think those look really rich. Any other colours you suggest.. I''m not a fan of pink... Maybe a blue sapphire or aquamarine would be nice.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a customized legacy from them- they will make any changes that you want, but you will pay for those customizations. However you should know that they won''t set a stone you source in their setting for you. You will need to find someone locally who can set it for you. I suggest you use the search feature and you will find many threads on LOGR legacy settings. They are quite popular.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well he modified a legacy for me with the following modifications

VS diamonds
two tone (14K yellow gold head and white gold shank)
double prongs
size 9
8.5 mm cushion stone size

It cost extra, but the final piece was lovely.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
OMG....I was checking out both your profiles.....GORGEOUS LEGACY RINGS GIRLS!!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Like the previous posters, I had a legacy setting modified to fit my stone''s dimensions, upgraded the gold and diamonds, and had it sized. At the time, I was interested in having prongs, so asked about having the rim of the bezel taken down so that my stone would sit lower, but they couldn''t do that. I''m not sure if they''ll thin the bezel for you, but a competant jeweler should be able to. There wasn''t enough room to thin the bezel from the inside of my setting, but the jeweler thinned it from the outside.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else that's posted, I do have a customized Legacy, but mine has prongs. It fits the stone I had it made for exactly, but the other 4 are all straight from LOGR with no customizations save for size.

Since there is a Tsavorite Legacy, I'd definitely suggest looking at Tsavorites or or to satusfy your love of orange, Spessartites.

Do you have a total budget for this project?

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Great suggestions... I would love it if LOGR could take care of the ring from start to finish. Would $500 to 1K be enough for the 8mm bezel with a gemstone bought and set by them? Would they source a gemstone for me? Tsavorite would be nice.... or the orange Spessarite...if they are deep enough. I love the rich colour....will they price out various stones if I ask? They still haven''t emailed me back...

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Ok ladies, looks like LOGR is willing to make lots of customizations for me. Now I have to pick a colour....They have the following stones:

Emerald, Amethyst,Cirtrine,Blue Topaz,Aquamarine,Peridot

I like rich dark colours....which of these will be nice? I wonder if the citrine is really light, or if it''s on the orange side.... Blue Topaz or Aquamarine might be nice too since I think those colours are versatile.....

I wonder how much more platinum will be. I think I will upgrade the diamonds too...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 9:44:21 AM
Author: lilchihuahua
Ok ladies, looks like LOGR is willing to make lots of customizations for me. Now I have to pick a colour....They have the following stones:

Emerald, Amethyst,Cirtrine,Blue Topaz,Aquamarine,Peridot

I like rich dark colours....which of these will be nice? I wonder if the citrine is really light, or if it''s on the orange side.... Blue Topaz or Aquamarine might be nice too since I think those colours are versatile.....

I wonder how much more platinum will be. I think I will upgrade the diamonds too...
32.gif
Are you sure you''re okay with LOGR picking out a stone for you? Are you concerned about treatments or cut quality at all? What if the stone has a big window? If you''re going strictly for color, I would pick either the blue topaz or amethyst - I think you''ll have the best chance of getting a richer color (but the blue topaz will most definitely be treated). Typically, aqua is washed out, peridot is yellow or olive, and a nice emerald is extremely hard to come by (and there are lots of treatments for that stone too).

And for the record, this type of setting hides windows very well - better than any other I''ve seen.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of their stones can be decent, but are not "wow" type nice. You can make your request known that you''d like to have a dark stone with good cutting. Should you go with citrine, let them know a color preference. I''m sure they''d probably use chinese peridot. (I personally don''t like chinese peridot but some do.

I would look at some of their other offerings to see what types of colors they offer on their stones.

Maybe you should just consider sticking with 18K, upgrade the diamonds, and get prongs so that at some point if you want to change the stone, you can.

If you''re going to go with plat, then go whole hog and get the type of stone that will really benefit well from the setting.

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would avoid one of their pre-set stones, but if I had to chose, I would chose an amethyst because they aren''t treated.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 5:14:36 PM
Author: IndyLady
I would avoid one of their pre-set stones, but if I had to chose, I would chose an amethyst because they aren't treated.
Agreed- though personally I would never buy any stone from LOGR.

If you have a budget of $500- $1000 I would contact Jeff white, Gene or Barry to see if they can cut you a 6mm, 7mm or 8mm cushion and then buy the setting. This optionis 1000000000 times better then buying something from LOGR. That is just MPO though.

Goodluck!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2010 6:51:56 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Date: 6/10/2010 5:14:36 PM

Author: IndyLady

I would avoid one of their pre-set stones, but if I had to chose, I would chose an amethyst because they aren''t treated.
Agreed- though personally I would never buy any stone from LOGR.

If you have a budget of $500- $1000 I would contact Jeff white, Gene or Barry to see if they can cut you a 6mm, 7mm or 8mm cushion and then buy the setting. This optionis 1000000000 times better then buying something from LOGR. That is just MPO though.

Goodluck!

Amethyst and other quartz is synthesized up to the tilt. And it''s very hard to detect.

Get a stone from a trusted vendor and have the ring made for the size of the gem.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

So I contact Stephan and made a request, telling him I was part of this forum. So hopefully he''ll do a good job. I''m not a big gem buff, so I think I won''t mind if it''s heat-treated, etc.....

Here are the details of my order.

- 8MM Mount
- Cushion Aquamarine
- 14K or 18K
- Upgrade diamonds
- polish inside of setting
- thin out bezel as in the picture set... I copied the picture from the legacy proportions thread
- resize to 6.5

He''s quoted me $459 for 14K and $499 for 18K. This will make me come under budget. I think I will go with the 18K, which will make the piece nicer.

What do you girls think of the price? I''m a lay person when it comes to the gems, so if it''s "heat treated, etc" even if it''s synthesized, it won''t be a big deal. It''s a great price to have a ring similar to the Tiffany one that I just love, but can''t ever think of handing over that kind of money for a ring. It was hard enough spending just under $5K for my wedding band there.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a good price for the ring, but you will be paying mostly for the gold and diamonds. I suspect the aqua will be very washed out, unlike the Tiffany stones. Do you care about that?

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Maybe I should opt for the blue topaz? I like the colour of cellentani''s ring.... which is a blue topaz...but it seems lighter than some of the ones on LOGR site. Some of the blue topaz on there look like blue cotton candy....lol...

I want it to be as light as cellentani, so that it''s kind of neutral to wear with everything, but I don''t want it to be so light that it looks like a diamond. Maybe blue topaz will be a safe choice?

Tourmaline_lover - Is that a good price for the gold and diamonds that I''m getting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2010 11:15:38 AM
Maybe I should opt for the blue topaz? I like the colour of cellentani's ring.... which is a blue topaz...but it seems lighter than some of the ones on LOGR site. Some of the blue topaz on there look like blue cotton candy....lol...

I want it to be as light as cellentani, so that it's kind of neutral to wear with everything, but I don't want it to be so light that it looks like a diamond. Maybe blue topaz will be a safe choice?

Tourmaline_lover - Is that a good price for the gold and diamonds that I'm getting?
Well, I don't know of anywhere you can get that many diamonds and that much gold for $500. If you upgrade everything, he does a real nice job as well. I have several of those legacies, and I really enjoy them. I have been to Tiff&Co, and honestly, I can't notice any huge differences in my LOGR and their Legacy, which is mass made and doesn't have the best workmanship anyways.

If you love Cellentani's stone, she got it precision cut I think by Bob Kast. If you love the cutting/color, ask him if he can cut you a stone like that. He's very reasonable. www.bobkast.com. I'm always leary about a stone I haven't seen, in particular any of the ones LOGR sources.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a "jewler" that I would trust to set the stone properly... I rather just trust Stephen to find me a nice coloured stone and be responsible for setting it and making the finished product look nice. I hope it turns out nice...

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Hey Ladies,

Stephen is going to send me an invoice for the full amount of $499 for the ring. He guarantees me its going to look as good as the picture I sent him, if not better, and if not I can return for a full refund. Is this ok? If he''s selling it to me like this, outside of ebay, will I still be protected? I''m sure it''s alright since a lot of you girls have done business with them and have had no problems. I''m just a bit leary.....

What do you girls think?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 9:47:55 AM
Hey Ladies,

Stephen is going to send me an invoice for the full amount of $499 for the ring. He guarantees me its going to look as good as the picture I sent him, if not better, and if not I can return for a full refund. Is this ok? If he's selling it to me like this, outside of ebay, will I still be protected? I'm sure it's alright since a lot of you girls have done business with them and have had no problems. I'm just a bit leary.....

What do you girls think?
I buy rings off of ebay from him all the time. You see, I ask for quotes all the time on modified rings, and I rather buy on the side, than be stuck buying a ring from ebay. Once you click "Buy It Now" you're stuck buying it. Sometimes, depending on his quote, I change my mind, so I don't like to be stuck in a sale and I can pay when I want. Ebay sends annoying reminders to pay NOW when you win an auction or BIN price. I think he also saves some money not paying the ebay fees, so I believe this is his preferred method. In any case. for $499, I bet it will be gorgeous, as his rings tend to look better when you pay more, and $499 is a reasonably high price for an LOGR. If he says he'll refund the full amount if you're not happy, I believe him. He has a very trustworthy and good reputation. Just make sure you save what he said in writing to show him later if you do decide you want a refund. Refunds from Stephen are not an issue, as I have returned a few settings.

Last count, I have around 20 LOGR's
emembarrassed.gif
so you can tell I'm a fan.
1.gif

Make sure to tell him you're a Pricescoper.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance... I told him from the beginning I was a Pricescoper...and the pictures I sent him were from a fellow pricescoper.. So I think he will do a good job. For $500 bones I hope so. By the way, where does the ring come from? I asked him, but waiting for a response. I''m just wondering if I''ll get dinged with duties. If it''s USPS, usually not. I''m in Toronto, Canada.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe he will either mail Registered or DHL direct from China.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 11:16:15 AM
Thanks for the reassurance... I told him from the beginning I was a Pricescoper...and the pictures I sent him were from a fellow pricescoper.. So I think he will do a good job. For $500 bones I hope so. By the way, where does the ring come from? I asked him, but waiting for a response. I''m just wondering if I''ll get dinged with duties. If it''s USPS, usually not. I''m in Toronto, Canada.
I think he has both offices in the US and Canada. Ask him the question about the duties.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
The setting alone is selling for $360...and this is not upgraded. For $499, which is $139 more, he is adding the stone, upgrading to 18K and VS diamonds.... customizing the bezel and polishing the inside... and making it in a 6.5 ring size. So I think it''s probably a good deal.... and for that amount of money, he should do a good job.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will exceed your expectations. Honestly, when I look at the shoddy ugly workmanship on the real Tiffany Legacies on their website, I really think the LOGR is an infinitely better value. Not all Tiffany pieces have such horrible workmanship (their pieces are inconsistent), but the Legacies, although a very nice design, leave much to be desired in the workmanship. The bezels are crooked, the millgrain is extremely uneven, and the stones are sometimes crooked in the settings. If you don't believe me, look at their print ads for the legacy. I've also seen them in person, as I live near three Tiffany stores.

lilchihuahua

Rough_Rock
you are right... I went to tiffany, since I live very close to one, and tried on the sapphire legacy. For one, it was 17K, and the sapphire was very small. It was about 1.6 carats, but it looked a lot smaller than 8mm.... It didn''t wow me... I think because it was small. To be honest, it looked the same as LOGR... There is no way I would spend this kind of money on that ring. But I would love to own one for $499..... :)

I think the blue topaz will look close enough to the aquamarine Tiffany Legacy. Thanks girls for all your comments. You really helped me decided and feel better about ordering with Stephen. I will tell him to go ahead. I will post online when I get it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 12:06:50 PM
you are right... I went to tiffany, since I live very close to one, and tried on the sapphire legacy. For one, it was 17K, and the sapphire was very small. It was about 1.6 carats, but it looked a lot smaller than 8mm.... It didn't wow me... I think because it was small. To be honest, it looked the same as LOGR... There is no way I would spend this kind of money on that ring. But I would love to own one for $499..... :)

I think the blue topaz will look close enough to the aquamarine Tiffany Legacy. Thanks girls for all your comments. You really helped me decided and feel better about ordering with Stephen. I will tell him to go ahead. I will post online when I get it.
And the sapphire was most probably heat treated, and perhaps even diffused (I wouldn't put that pass Tiffany). Since they refuse to obtain third party reputable lab certificates with their colored stones, I think they're distrustful and taking advantage of their name in the business, especially for the ridiculous prices they charge. Just my opinion.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Like you, I wanted a Tiffany aqua legacy look-alike, so I set my blue topaz in a LOGR legacy. I was thrilled with the diamonds and craftsmanship, and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that you''ll have similar results! Please, please post pics when you get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results