shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your current favourite settings!!

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock

35.gif

I thought it might be a fun idea for everyone to post their current favourite settings in this thread! I''m a solitaire gal and I''m forever changing my mind about what I like, buuutt this setting by BGD has me drooling

18.gif
I totally love it and it''s the setting that I would love for my engagement ring!!

It looks very similar to the Petite Sunburst by Mark Morrell but the shank is slightly more delicate and it has claw prongs.
30.gif
30.gif
It''s my current dream setting
4.gif

bgdtaperedsol1.JPG

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
pic 2...

bgdtaperedsol2.JPG

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
and pic 3...

bgdtaperedsol3.JPG

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is what I think I really want. semi-bezel by BGD or WF (this photo is the BGD one, the WF one is closer to Tiffany''s Etoile, so I''m torn...)

nologoBGDbezel.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS
30.gif

If one day FI fancies getting me another diamond of the large vintage variety (which is unfortunately likely to remain my fancy
3.gif
) I would have it set safely in exactly this ....

jbeg 3.65 cushion.jpg

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow diamond cat! That set is amazing!!!! Is it a stock setting or custom? I love everything about that wedding set. Both rings... Beautiful!!!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 3:06:59 PM
Author: yssie
THIS
30.gif

If one day FI fancies getting me another diamond of the large vintage variety (which is unfortunately likely to remain my fancy
3.gif
Yssie...great taste. I too absolutely LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
this ring!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
that ring is absolutely stunning!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 2:29:48 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
this is what I think I really want. semi-bezel by BGD or WF (this photo is the BGD one, the WF one is closer to Tiffany''s Etoile, so I''m torn...)
I like the BGD one in this pic!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
THIS
30.gif

3.gif
I have grown to love the Julia and have been working with Erica at JBEG on modifying the design a bit to match me and DBF''s personal styles. She has been AMAZING to work with with absolutely no pressure and answering every annoying question I''ve had. Just waiting on one more thing and I believe we''re going to go with JBEG.
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2010 5:10:56 PM
Author: heyjudes

THIS
30.gif

3.gif
I have grown to love the Julia and have been working with Erica at JBEG on modifying the design a bit to match me and DBF''s personal styles. She has been AMAZING to work with with absolutely no pressure and answering every annoying question I''ve had. Just waiting on one more thing and I believe we''re going to go with JBEG.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
THIS
30.gif

3.gif
That is a BEAUTIFUL setting! I spied it on JBEG''s website a while ago. It would look perfect with a large vintage diamond
31.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 3:31:35 PM
Author: Mrs W
Oh wow diamond cat! That set is amazing!!!! Is it a stock setting or custom? I love everything about that wedding set. Both rings... Beautiful!!!!

Hey Mrs W, I came across this on BGD''s blog. It''s actually the ring that Lesley''s brother proposed with! It''s now a stock setting on their website.

Btw I just realised that this thread will probably vanish when PS changes to the new version. I''ll have to start again AAGGHHH!!!
7.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 4:48:29 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange

Date: 5/27/2010 2:29:48 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
I like the BGD one in this pic!
Ditto! I really like that. Looks so clean and modern

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
This JAR ring is my absolute favorite setting in the super cool dream setting list in my head. It costs more than college. Not going to college. Buying a college.

small JAR 2.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite Leon everyday ring. Meaning elegant, unique, gorgeous but understated. (Just so happens mine''s gonna be just like it
2.gif
)

LM French cut Deb ring med.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, this is my favorite Leon RHR, AT least for me, that''s what I''m hoping to have one day as a RHR. He also does a version with 3 sided pave, and pave on the basket. (5 star price!!!) But I daydream about having that ultra bling with a green or greenish yellow 1 carat diamond.

small lm halo.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debby I do love your setting-I was having a ''moment'' this morning and wishing I would have got that one!!! Dimend Scaasi has one very similar to the tiffany version with a round.

I do believe, the BGD semi bezel is my ring. I never asked Lesley but they posted it right after I had mine made and it wasn''t a setting yet. This is D Scaasi ring I love-it''s a bargain at 3800. in plat.

1AD1.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m a real plain Jane more than I would like to admit! Or maybe it''s a classic style? Either way, plain solitaires- x-prong/trellis or basket- paired with a plain band or a diamond band are always my favorite!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 11:48:23 PM
Author: february2003bride
I think I''m a real plain Jane more than I would like to admit! Or maybe it''s a classic style? Either way, plain solitaires- x-prong/trellis or basket- paired with a plain band or a diamond band are always my favorite!
I felt the same way Feb2003, until we found our OEC and then the world changed a bit.. I think our choice was heavily influenced by our antique stone.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
THIS

3.gif

Yssie, I totally agree. I''m currently in love with this setting. Plus recently I got my first colored stone, a peachy-pink tourmaline from BB, and I was thinking about putting it in a setting very close to this.

rockscissorpaper

Rough_Rock
Missydebby and Luv2sparkle, this is my favorite setting, which reminds me of the ones you've posted. It's from Firenze. SO beautiful and delicate in person!!

p_2042_t113_1.jpg

rockscissorpaper

Rough_Rock
Oops, that''s a little small, let''s try that one more time.

Snapshot 2010-05-28 08-06-51.jpg

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... those are all gorgeous. Missdebby, I always thought that side stones on the blinginator''s ring (below) were carre cut, even though the post said french cut. Either way, it is one of my favorite settings. I can''t wait to see your ring when Leon is done with it! It''s going to be unbelievable.

carrecutcushionleon.JPG

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this thread. So I decided to post my top 3 settings (all leon of course): Blinginator''s, Acebruin''s and Boston_jeff;s
Can you imagine a beautiful Octavia set like this??? Although I would make the halo white.
31.gif

asscherhalo963.jpg

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least-- boston_jeff''s cushion solitaire!I
30.gif
those double claw prongs.

cushionsolitaire.jpg

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
LM''s pave is TDF
18.gif
he would be my top choice for anything with pave

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love that one too!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, those def look like carre cut. I love carre cut, too, don't you?

I know, Leon's pave is to die for, so I'm a little sad I'm not gettin any! That's just gonna have to wait for my RHR. Oh Luv, I know what you mean on all the moments. Thing is that there are so many incredible choices, that one wants to have it all wrapped up together in one package. French cuts, pave, double prongs, halo, 3 stone, 5 stone.... it's not easy making a choice. Just hold tight to your sanity while you wait for your masterpiece. Yours is destined to be one of my all time favs.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 5:10:56 PM
Author: heyjudes

THIS
30.gif

3.gif
36.gif
YUMM! ditto!!

i''m also working with grace to modify the julia to fit my cushion and design a wedding band to match it. i''m so excited!

heyjudes - i can''t wait to see how your ring turns out!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results