shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Wedding Bands

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''m curious to see what kinds of wedding bands you ladies have chosen for your fiances. Anyone have any pictures they care to share?

We went ring shopping for my fiance yesterday. Nothing looked quite right, so we settled on a plain comfort fit 5 mm white gold band. Now I''m second-guessing our decision.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
He tried on a lot of interesting designer bands, but we ended up deciding on a plain comfort fit band. Its also 5mm wide. That seemed to be the best width on his hand. We went with yellow gold because he has olive coloured skin and we liked the way the yellow gold complimented his skin tone.

In my opinion, you can''t go wrong with something as classic as a comfort fit band.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t choose the band, he did.

We were looking for something with some pattern and detail, but that was still masculine.
I am at work so I can''t attach, but here is the link to the pic: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/celtic-shield-8910.jpg
It is based on a pattern on the chalice of Ardagh, an Irish archaeological piece. He proposed in Ireland and it was made there, so it meant a lot to him.
It came in a lot of color/metal combos, but his is 14k yellow with white gold rims. He didn''t want a higher carat value because it takes a lot of wear and tear and he wanted it to be as strong as possible.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recommended Bruce Boone''s rings to my husband and he picked one out from the signature series. Actually, he chose two. The first one he got wasn''t exactly what he thought he wanted, but we didn''t return it since the price didn''t exactly break the bank. We ordered a second ring, and that''s the one my husband wears now.

The first ring is BB''s edge band. It''s a nice ring but it was a little darker than what my husband thought it would be. The second ring, the one he wears now, is the regular profile. He likes how shiny it is.
9.gif

Here''s a link to Bruce Boone''s site: http://boonerings.com/

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add the picture of his "real" ring. It's a 6mm comfort fit band.

zoeshusbandsring.jpg

We are having a hard time with picking a band for him. I think we'll just pick a plain 5mm 14k band and get something better later, when we have more money and when he knows exactly what he wants.

ETA: This is the band I'm thinking of doing for both of us (2mm for me, 5mm for him). I can't even decide what I want myself
7.gif
LINKY

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feedback. My main objective was to find the most comfortable, easy to wear ring, because he has NEVER worn jewelry, not even a watch, and the ring thing kind of freaks him out :) But there''s also a part of me that loves some of the more modern and unique rings I see on here. If there is anything this wedding planning has taught me about myself it is that I am the most indecisive person in the world!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Mr P had never worn a ring either - initially we both thought he''d end up with a plain WG or platinum polished band, but then we went shopping...

He tried on about 30 bands before he even found one that he liked. The search turned up two that he liked - one was a super-heavy comfort fit band which was WG on the outside and YG on the inside (you could see the transition on the edge of the band if that makes sense), that was about 8mm. The other was the one he ended up with - it''s unplated 18K WG, 7mm width, heavy comfort fit, brushed finish with polished rails (there is a narrow channel between the middle panel and the rails if that makes sense).

Think men are just like women - have to try it on to know if it''s right!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here is DH's ring:
http://www.tungstenpride.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=15

We both liked tungsten for him because it's a great manly color and never needs to be polished. I researched places to order tungsten rings and found a site that could do engraving on the inside, then DH picked out the style he liked. We went to our local jeweler to get him sized and figure out what width he wanted, since this place can make any mm width. He went with 5mm, which I think looks great on him - he didn't like how chunky the 6mm looked on his thin fingers (size 8.5) so I'm glad he tried on different widths before ordering.

So_In_Love

Rough_Rock
FI wanted a simple band, and really likes the look of brushed white gold. So we ended up choosing a 6 mm comfort band (attached) and he didnt want to take it off at the store
1.gif

ring-vv.jpg

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
DH picked this ring from e-weddingbands.com. He got it with a brushed finish so any small dings weren''t noticeable. He went with palladium because he liked how light it is, it won''t tarnish, and it won''t need rhodium plating. Low maintenance for him!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
My FI wedding band

You have to scroll through some pictures of my wedding bands and ering, but there''s a few of his wedding band in there.

It''s handmade by Beth Cyr on Etsy, Palladium white gold with a patina. Made to look like tree bark. We both LOVE it!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....my link doesn''t work, so here is a link to the designer''s page.

link

A

Anonymous

Elrohwen, I love the ring you guys chose!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
We''re both doing plain comfort fit platinum domed bands, 5mm for him, 3mm for me. I love the classic look of a plain band!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
my husband chose his own band as well - I had very little say and that was my preference. He looked for many weeks and still loves his ring 2.5 years later

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I did not choose the band, he did. We looked for our rings together...but it was all up to him what he wanted in the end.

He has worn a class ring in the past, until he lost it, so a ring was not entirely foreign to him.

DH went with something a bit more blingy than the norm for men's wedding rings. He originally wanted something with blue-tinged ammolite (being an Albertan and all) but ammolite is really delicate and soft and not good for everyday wear (but something I have in mind for a anniversary ring or pendant for him down the road!). He tried on a few other blingy rings (i.e. some with mixes of champagne and white diamonds, etc). He also thought about getting a tri-coloured weave ring but when he tried them on they did not just speak to him.

Oh, he also can't wear anything too wide due to the webbing of his fingers, so wanted something narrower across side/back then in the front.

DH has a love for anything with a bit of a Middle Eastern design and feel. When he saw the one below, he loved it. It is originally a women's ring, but we had it made for him. He still loves his ring (and expresses it regularly) and gets compliments on it ALL the time, especially while working. Mostly from women (and some men) who appreciate the bling! It is very *him* and far blingier than my own rings! I do like it as it matches my own ring (blue sapphire, diamond accents) even though we did not intend on going with matching rings! If something ever happens to it, I think he would look at getting something like it remade (maybe with some small changes).

So, given your own fiance's preference for something a little more simple, this will likely not work...but my own DH adores his ring!

B Ring SD.jpg

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''m letting him pick out his own. He just wants something relatively plain and not too expensive; he''s probably going to end up with a titanium band with some small detail, like horizontal lines around it. We''ve only looked online for his so far, he may change his mind once he tries some on.

Date: 5/23/2010 11:34:37 AM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I am at work so I can''t attach, but here is the link to the pic: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/celtic-shield-8910.jpg
That is really interesting and different, I like it!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
FI is very particular and knew exactly what he wanted - a plain platinum comfort fit band. He ended up going with a 4mm wide polished band and he is so excited to wear it. He loves the idea that it will get dinged up and dulled over time because it shows how much he wore it.

Awww.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI chose this band, excuse the small picture, it was the best I could find.

dora.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results