shape
carat
color
clarity

finally!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL''s example is contagious. Decided to check osirisgems (he was on my list of vendors), and voila! An ametrine, 13.5 ct, i.e. wearable. Cut just in a way I like! I bought it. It will probably take a while for the parcel to arrive from Germany, but I asked Uli for a vendor''s picture...

Ametrin13.35_1[1].JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eyed that one for a while. Its gorgeous! Can''t wait to see your pics!

-A

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh how very interesting! Pretty too :)

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
I was seriously thinking about getting it as well... looks very pretty..
Look forward to your pics when you get it - hope it won't take too long to get to you.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/13/2010 3:34:23 AM
Author: virgoruby
I was seriously thinking about getting it as well... looks very pretty..

Look forward to your pics when you get it - hope it won''t take too long to get to you.
nice stuff:)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Love that cut!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ametrine is seriously beautiful; it has a very elegant feel to it. It’s also a plus that it is of a wearable size and inexpensive too. You and TL are tempting me to get something from Uli now.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 1:29:24 AM
Author:crasru
TL''s example is contagious. Decided to check osirisgems (he was on my list of vendors), and voila! An ametrine, 13.5 ct, i.e. wearable. Cut just in a way I like! I bought it. It will probably take a while for the parcel to arrive from Germany, but I asked Uli for a vendor''s picture...
WOWZA!
30.gif
Nice buy crasru! Uli is another guy on my watch list. That is fantastic!
30.gif

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

What an unusual piece. Its beautiful.

Annette

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like liquid, really cool cutting. I like that Uli is a very fine lapadary, and he has some very good buys.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i have an amy in that design.

i also named the design "liquid flower"

well, i said it looked like one and Uli adopted the name
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh, I can''t wait to see more pictures. I keep eyeing his stuff, but I haven''t got anything from him yet.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
fantastic stone..good cutting!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I have this problem of setting it. Uli said there were just a couple of them set in Munich. It is his new design. He also said that covering the sides was OK since all the light is coming from above (through) the stone. So I think bezeling should be OK. I haven''t seen it but I suspect argentum would be good because silver is so soft and also darkens with time. I would not know how to clean in with such a stone in it. But from what Uli said it is clear that covering the back and wearing it like a lariat (which I wanted to do initially) won''t work. So I am going through the list of Etsy silversmiths searching for someone who can do an inexpensive job. Any ideas? Arcadian, if I remember, has a whole list of artisans. I found a new one myself but unfortunately, she doesn''t work with other people''s stones.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty, crasru!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
really pretty!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of ametrine before, but I really like it. What a pretty stone!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big thanks to all of you. I want to see (and set it) so much, but it looks so beautiful, that setting it seems almost a sacrilege. Putting it on a shelf in my office won't work either because someone quick will definitely snatch and break it (it had happened with other, much sturdier, things). I just got an idea, provided this lady doesn't charge too much.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would do a thin bezel, either with a very open gallery or solid sides, leaving the back open. I was imagining either a slide for a heavier necklace or a very simple, sleek bail. I think Julia K would be a good choice, since her bezels tend to be pretty neat.

Silver would suit the colour of the stone nicely. If you use argentium, it won''t darken (unless it was improperly heat treated, in which case it can go yellowish). Cleaning, though, should be a problem with the backing soda and foil trick. Since it is electrolic in nature, as long as the piece touches the foil, the circuit is closed and every little nook and cranny gets clean.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 1:29:24 AM
Author:crasru
I have never heard of osirisgems before. Link please!
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous! That is one cool stone!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, very cool stone!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2010 7:37:02 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I would do a thin bezel, either with a very open gallery or solid sides, leaving the back open. I was imagining either a slide for a heavier necklace or a very simple, sleek bail. I think Julia K would be a good choice, since her bezels tend to be pretty neat.

Silver would suit the colour of the stone nicely. If you use argentium, it won''t darken (unless it was improperly heat treated, in which case it can go yellowish). Cleaning, though, should be a problem with the backing soda and foil trick. Since it is electrolic in nature, as long as the piece touches the foil, the circuit is closed and every little nook and cranny gets clean.
Are you talking about cleaning silver or argentum? I never used baking soda, I used toothpaste. I shall try the foli.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
crasru you did real good on this stone..i luv that cut!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW another cool cut from him! Very interesting. I think it will make a very nice pendant. Congrats!
21.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results