shape
carat
color
clarity

STD questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what''s normally included in an STD. Is it just like a postcard with people''s names and the date or is there more? For instance, if you''re expecting lots of guests from different countries (i.e. not just out-of-town but out-of-country guests), how do you give them details of flights, hotels, etc.? Does that go in the STD or is it something that can be done later? If so, when? Presumably it can''t be included with the invitation because that wouldn''t be sent until much later and wouldn''t give people much time to make arrangements.

HELP! I''m confused...
33.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I have a destination wedding with people arriving from several different countries. I'm attaching the back side of my STD postcard, so you can see what information it listed.

I put as much logistical information as possible on the wedding website: hotels, nearby airports, a tentative schedule of activities for the wedding weekend, etc. Since nearly every one of our guests is web-savvy, this works well for us. The few elderly people who are not used to looking up info on the web received a phone call.

Other couples send an expansive save-the-date with travel information and itineraries listed on the save the date (sometimes there are multiple pieces of paper in the STD... it can get pretty pricey -- but in return, their actual invitations can then be simpler).

I know my guests appreciated being given an early heads up with relevant travel information. I would try to find a way to share as much info with them as you can early on, whether through a website or a longer STD.

I hope this helps.

mscushion_std.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

longer-std-2.jpg

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
We knew everyone would have to travel for our wedding, and we just sent emails. i think it is a great way to communicate because you get a lot more instant feedback and people can search their inboxes (or you can reforward it to them!) in case they don''t want to make arrangements right away. Saves some awkward phone calls.

A cousin is also planning a wedding where most everyone will be travelling and she''s been sending emails with PDFs including pictures, links, and ten reasons you should join us. It''s worked really well. And, it was at zero cost
28.gif

I think the Save the Dates are cute and helpful, but they work best if you are getting married in a town where fewer people need to travel and everyone can just mark out the weekend on their calendar, and if necessary book the hotel when the real invitation comes.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Keep it simple...the purpose is really just behind the name...SAVE the DATE. I think it is important to have a website on there these days for all the detailed info.

Here''s mine...linky

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results