shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s poll time again! And I don''t feel bad for asking this time!

Which setting would you choose?

• The Sholdt with pave

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I have crossed the halo off my list. I plan to live in this ring and I don't want to worry about losing melee and bf hates them and well...I want him to like it.

I figured out why the channel set Sholdt was nagging at me so much. It is soooo pretty. It is flat out beautiful and when I saw it in person I adored it, but ya know what? It just isn't me. Simple as that. Once I figured that out, I felt so much better.

So, I am deciding and buying or starting custom this week. I am stuck between two and will be seeing one of them this week but the other is custom so I can't really see it anyhow.

Thanks to Freke and D&T for the photoshop help.

This is the Sholdt with side pave.

scgsemibezeldt0112918.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Custom inspired by Facet fires.

SCG Facet fire ring by freke918.jpg

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Custom all the way for me. It''s stunning. The center stone will really be the star of the show.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you''re feeling good about some options! If you went custom, would it be prong based or the sort of bezel with melee that Ali D suggested? I love both, so need to think on it a bit before I vote
1.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I voted Scholdt with pave! The semi-bezel gives it that modern look but the pave with milgrain just makes it oh so classic.
30.gif

It''s like the best of both worlds!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:15:06 PM
Author: Novel
I''m glad you''re feeling good about some options! If you went custom, would it be prong based or the sort of bezel with melee that Ali D suggested? I love both, so need to think on it a bit before I vote
1.gif
Either/or. I know...not helpful. In my quote request to WF I asked them to talk to Allison and quote that but prong set like above is more what''s in my head. I''m not a big fan of prongs though I don''t see how to achieve the above with a bezel.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:17:32 PM
Author: platinumrock
I voted Scholdt with pave! The semi-bezel gives it that modern look but the pave with milgrain just makes it oh so classic.
30.gif

It''s like the best of both worlds!
Yes, this is truly a modern/vintage fusion. I think in person it is going to be beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 1:10:48 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Custom all the way for me. It''s stunning. The center stone will really be the star of the show.

Huge ditto to PinkAsscher! Absolutely stunning
3.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:18:51 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Date: 4/4/2010 1:15:06 PM

I'm glad you're feeling good about some options! If you went custom, would it be prong based or the sort of bezel with melee that Ali D suggested? I love both, so need to think on it a bit before I vote
1.gif

Either/or. I know...not helpful. In my quote request to WF I asked them to talk to Allison and quote that but prong set like above is more what's in my head. I'm not a big fan of prongs though I don't see how to achieve the above with a bezel.

Yeah, I guess thats the question. That one I saw and posted was not nearly as elegant or smooth as FacetFire's because of it. The bezel would have to be thick or have a groove running next to it, I guess, for the stones. Ok, I'll vote!

ETA: Sorry, asked a stupid question in first ETA, and then reread your post!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I went with FacetFire''s, because I love the look of just the diamonds surrounding the sapphire. I think it sets it off beautifully. Plus, fewer stones to lose
3.gif
. Also, I think it mimics the look of the halo, which you do love, a little bit more, but in a way your BF likes. Its also daintier, which is something I love and you seem to have been interested in throughout the process...

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:32:13 PM
I went with FacetFire's, because I love the look of just the diamonds surrounding the sapphire. I think it sets it off beautifully. Plus, fewer stones to lose
3.gif
. Also, I think it mimics the look of the halo, which you do love, a little bit more, but in a way your BF likes. Its also daintier, which is something I love and you seem to have been interested in throughout the process...

Agreed 100%!
36.gif

ETA-forgot to vote when I posted so I just did.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I went with FacetFire''s, because I love the look of just the diamonds surrounding the sapphire. I think it sets it off beautifully. Plus, fewer stones to lose
3.gif
+1

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the scholdt pave looks like two different rings put together, since the pave looks too ornate for the sleeker heavy bezel. But I love the custom. Guess what I voted?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2, please! wow! great design for your stone to star in!!!!!!

can you tell i like it?!

this setting and stone are definitely worth living in for a very Very VERY long time!

mz

ps you really thought it through: congrats!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Custom! I don''t like the pave setting at all. Too busy/ornate for my tastes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 1:22:31 PM
Author: missy
Date: 4/4/2010 1:10:48 PM

Author: PinkAsscher678

Huge ditto to PinkAsscher! Absolutely stunning

3.gif

I agree!

E B

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

Agreed!
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom because it''s a design you won''t see elsewhere. It''s got clean lines and sets the centre stone off perfectly. It will also be easier to find a wedding band to sit next to it (if this is for an e-ring).

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I really love the custom- for me it really makes the sapphie stand out and be the center of attention. Gorgeous ring!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 9:49:47 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I love the Bondanza ring that Facetfire has... but honestly, I would get the original rather than a replica. Pearlman's carries it and I bet in wg and with the PS discount it would not be soooo expensive. Call and ask, it can't hurt.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/michael-bondanza-jewelry/rings/50DD1/
I did. They use nickel as their alloy and I'm allergic.
14.gif

ETA-I don't like how tall the Bondanza ring sits or the profile with all the diamonds, so I think with a custom job I could tailor it to how I want it to look but still keep the overall look.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I vote custom too! :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I think you know which way I went SCG
2.gif

Bondanza inspired all the way, it will be fantastic.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
as much as I love ANYTHING Sholdt.... I''ll have to vote for the Inspired custom piece instead, becuase you are going to have an easier time finding a wedding band of your choosing to pair with.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I voted custom, not because I think the other design is not pretty, but because I think that a good jeweller can really bring out that extra something from a gemstone when doing custom work. The ring will also probably look more "tailored" to your stone, which I really love. Both designs are lovely, the first one is (to me) more classic and reminds me more of band-type rings. But what I don''t really like about that ring is that I have a feeling it could make your stone seem smaller - compared to how it would look in the custom one. Those more vertical lines in the custom, would not only frame your stone nicely, but make an illusion of the whole ring looking slightly wider than it really is. So that''s my opinion, nice to hear you''re seeing things more clearly now
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a difficult choice! The pave is classic but the custom is so unique!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This choice is getting easier quickly. And not because of the votes! I am becoming quite frustrated with one of the vendors. While you all know who I sent quotes to...the one I am struggling with is probably the PS favorite so I''m assuming this is strickly an issue I am having. I got a quote from one of my vendors that was a little higher than I would like but I understood that they don''t do any of the process in house it is all sent out so I understand they have more overhead. Cool, not an issue. But another one of the vendors continues to ignore my emails and when they do finally come back with a quote it is a ridiculous amount that reminds me of Leon when he just doesn''t want your business.

This is not a super intricate design in platinum! It''s a fairly straight forward design in palladium! Ugh.

Sorry for the rant.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I chose the custom inspiration.....

Mainly as I think it brings in aspects of the halo you like, but also is more wearable 24/7 with peace of mind (which seems to be what are looking for) and probably more in lines with what you expressed your BF has expressed he likes.

Plus, I *think* that you are much like me in that you won''t find the PERFECT ring for you until you bite the bullet and go custom. There will always be something nagging you about whatever particular setting you are looking at that you wish was different. I was never "settled" into a design until I did go custom myself, and even though it meant entrusting someone else to design it....it also meant something that was 100% me and I have not second-guessed it since!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results