shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

13mm Pearl too big for a ring?

Discussion in 'Pearls' started by PursuitOfBling, Jun 12, 2012.

1. PursuitOfBling
    Rough_Rock

by PursuitOfBling » Jun 12, 2012
    One that's going to also have quite an elaborate flower setting?

What do you guys think. Is bigger really better or will it look a bit ridiculous. Size of the ring will be 6.

Best regards

2. NacreLover
    Brilliant_Rock

by NacreLover » Jun 12, 2012
    Do you have a photo? A 13mm pearl is quite large especially if it's round. Is the shank large enough to keep the ring well balanced so it doesen't spin on the finger?

3. baby monster
    Ideal_Rock

by baby monster » Jun 12, 2012
    Might be a bit large unless you're going for a statement piece. You have to measure the width of your finger. I have about 15mm across. With 13mm pearl the setting would probably cover adjacent fingers.

4. that_someone_special
    Ideal_Rock

by that_someone_special » Jun 13, 2012
    I think a few ladies have had at least 11mm rings.. I can't find the links but look through the "show me your pearls" thread

5. NacreLover
    Brilliant_Rock

by NacreLover » Jun 13, 2012
    I have two 11mm tahitian rings. Both are well balanced so the pearl stays on top of the finger. That is important to me. I hate fighting rings.

6. movie zombie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by movie zombie » Jun 13, 2012
    for me it would dependon the setting/design.
    in some instances it might be too big.
    in others it might be just right.

7. iLander
    Ideal_Rock

by iLander » Jun 15, 2012
    I don't know . . . I have an 11 mm faceted stone on my middle--size 8-- finger and it's got great finger coverage.

(here it is; https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/my-new-richard-homer-is-here-t145477.html)

I wear it and love it, but it's not 11 mm tall, either. I also have a very tall ring, about 10mm tall and it bothers me, I don't wear it a lot. I'm afraid I'm going to knock it into something. Pearls are pretty sturdy, but if it's AAA, I'd hate to accidentally make it a AA. If it's a AA, with a few small blemishes, it might not bother you too much.

I think you need to try it on, to get a real idea. If it's on the net, check the return policy carefully, it may be worth a look.

8. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock