shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
A

Anonymous

I don't have long, but wanted to post a brief synopsis of my proposal story.
21.gif

We went to SF yesterday, checked in to our hotel and got settled for a bit before our boat ride. FI wanted to take the cable cars down to the pier, so we headed out a bit early to do that, but they were closed for the day! I found out later that he'd actually planned to propose to me on the cable car, so he had to improvise.
2.gif
We walked around Pier 39 for a bit, took a few pictures, then got on the sailboat. We headed out to the bay, around Alcatraz (not quite the most romantic spot, but it was cool), then to the Golden Gate Bridge. There were three other families/couples on the front of the boat with us, and at one point a mom was taking pictures of her husband and two children. I suggested to B that he take their picture and he said he was just getting ready to...then of course they offered to take ours.

We had one picture taken of us, then B said "hold on a sec", pulled the ring out of his pocket and dropped to one knee...smiled up at me nervously and said "will you marry me?" I said "YES of course!" (which he actually doesn't even remember my answer because he was so nervous and excited, hehe). They took pictures of the whole proposal and post proposal giddiness, which I have looked at more times than I can count...but far less than we've both looked at my ring. :)

Gotta get back to enjoying the rest of our weekend, but figured I'd pop in and give a quick version of the proposal. Oh, he took a bunch of pictures of the ring and posted some for me a couple of hours ago on the SMTR engagement ring thread here if anyone is curious. It's a GIA certified .63 VS2 I AGS 0 H&A etc. etc. w/a tapered cathedral setting w/a euro shank and I absolutely love it.
30.gif

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

Your ring is gorgeous!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Tammy - sounds like an absolutely wonderful way to spend a vacation!!!

36.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! enjoy the rest of your vacation with your FI!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
OH Tammy congratulations! Your ring is lovely, and the proposal so sweet. It sounds like you had a great day out and the fact that your b/f was so nervous is so endearing.

Can we see the proposal pics please?

All the best!

dinamit

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yes proposal pics please!

congratulations!!
36.gif

mickeyva

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! That made me a little teary eyed in a very good way!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a cute story!
Gorgeous ring!
36.gif

A

Anonymous

Here is B on his knee! He hates how he looks in this photo since it''s from the side, but I, of course, LOVE it!

tammyforum1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Less than a minute after the proposal.

tammyforum2.jpg

A

Anonymous

A little bit later but still on the boat. This is the best photo of both of us from the proposal trip
9.gif

tammyforum3.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

Mobinvera

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
congrats, what a wonderful proposal story! and i love your ring! i think i''m getting a solitaire too :)

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
The story and the pictures are super cute
9.gif
Congrats!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! And, yay Sabres!! (I''m from the Buffalo NY area :) )

cinderella0290

Rough_Rock
Congratulations ! This is such a great story and wonderful pictures ! I hope I look that ecstatic when I get engaged ! Best of luck to both of you !

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story, and lovely ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SO cute! Love the story, and your pictures! Congrats
1.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! You guys look so cute together!
36.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

Your ring is gorgeous.

San Francisco is such a cool place - what a neat story.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous and those photos of the proposal are just precious!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

A

Anonymous

Thank you everyone for the nice replies! I''m feeling very blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. I''m REALLY glad that he got the pictures, since both of us only remember bits and pieces of the actual proposal because he was so nervous and I was so excited.
1.gif

~*~*~DUST~*~*~ to all the LIW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results