shape
carat
color
clarity

Sea of Cortez Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty hard for me to describe what it looks like other than "rainbow". It doesn''t look like my tahitians, akoya or freshwater strand. It''s in a league of it''s own. The way it plays with light is just.. wow..
I can be holding it under the same light soure, move it a little, and it looks different.
It''s baroque, pretty smooth with a few ridges, and I guess a silver/grey/blue color with pinks, reds, and more blues.. but they''re not really overtones.. at least none that I''ve seen. But I''m a pearl novice so maybe somene with more experience can articulate it much better than me.

I''m not sure what to do with it, so thinking of making it into an enhancer that I can wear with my akoya strand. Just clueless on what kind of design.

took a few photos but it''s very hard to capture what it looks like on camera. At least my skills aren''t good enough. .

IMG_5391.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

IMG_5415.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
This is what I''m considering.

IMG_5406.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I see the rainbow colors! It''s beautiful, congrats! I think it would look cool as an enhancer. Where did you get it?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could use some small gemstones in the design?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hey InnerKitten- I got it on ebay from druzydesign. It was a link you posted last year that I bookmarked. Found out all I could about the seller.. Care Ehret before purchasing. Great seller by the way.

Gemstones.. hmm..adding some light blue sapphires could be nice but not sure how, as the pearls shape would make it difficult. Maybe I can just add the pearl to the strand? ugh. just don't know.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
I see the rainbow too on this and it is lovely.

I love Druzy''s pearls. I have one of her cook island strands and a sea of cortez set.

What about mounting it from the top and wearing it as a pendant? Is it big enough for that?

Here is a pic of my set to give you an idea of what I am talking about:

cortez.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That is a really pretty set!

I think pale blue sapphires would be cool. Or tanzanite maybe? I have a pair of blue South Sea pearl earrings from Druzy design. She has such nice stuff.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

collectingmore- that's really beautiful, the colors are just amazing. you take lovely pictures and should start a thread on the pendant and earrings. We'd all love to see more. You also mentioned in my other thread you have some of Elana's pieces.. umm.. PICS?

9.gif

I was thinking of asking druzy design to make the same pendant, but then thought maybe I can go local, and then thought maybe I'll have the cortez attached to a tiny diamond, and have the diamond attached to the middle pearl in my strand.. eh.. still not sure other than I'd like to keep it clean and simple. eta: the cortez pearls size is 9x9.5

innerkitten- did i mention that i love your earrings?.. such a gorgeous blue.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that''s a fabulous pearl! I love your idea :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

I think your idea tiny diamond would be very pretty with your new pearl.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you get it Elle? Love the rainbow!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous color!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
D&T, Pink- thanks. i like the color too.

DT, I got it. still not sure what to do with it. I''ll ether do a pendant and wear it as an enhancer, like the one collectingmore posted, or attach it to the middle pearl somehow.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love the blue and rainbow effect. It's so hard to capture certain overtone, isn't it? I've never seen one IRL and hope to do that one day. Due to small production, they are more rare than other types of pearls. The great thing is that they are not even processed at all: no polishing, bleaching, enhancing, maeshori, etc. I believe Douglas at Cortez farm said they just wash the pearls and soak in oil (I can't remember what kind). Gotta love that aspect of it.

Collectingmore, I love your mabe set. They are so colorful.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 6:46:21 PM
Author: HHPmom
I love the blue and rainbow effect. It''s so hard to capture certain overtone, isn''t it? I''ve never seen one IRL and hope to do that one day. Due to small production, they are more rare than other types of pearls. The great thing is that they are not even processed at all: no polishing, bleaching, enhancing, maeshori, etc. I believe Douglas at Cortez farm said they just wash the pearls and soak in oil (I can''t remember what kind). Gotta love that aspect of it.

Collectingmore, I love your mabe set. They are so colorful.
very hard. I''ve given up.. lol.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous! I think it would be lovely as an enhancer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results