shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome Card Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I went to visit my parents this afternoon and there was a large object covered in a black bag on the dining room table. Mom told me she wanted to give me this on my birthday in May, but couldn''t wait because she was too excited! I pulled off the bag and found this AMAZING vintage inspired card box!

vintagecardbox.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible!!! I love it!
30.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
The two vintage-look suitcases are sealed, stuck together and weighted (Daddy helped). There is a slot on the side of the upper hatbox labeled "Cards" and "Thank You!" on each side. They made a lockable back panel to retrieve the cards. The rest of the decorations Mom added are simply gorgeous:

-a pair of vintage 1930''s ladies gloves
-a white satin garter
-a bouquet of silk flowers
-a black bowtie
-a champagne flute with champagne colored resin inside
-a strand of faux pearls
-luggage tags on each case

The sweetest part? The luggage tags are personalized with FI''s name and my name and our wedding date.
30.gif

Mom had a few other surprises waiting for me - a cake server set and a guestbook and pen set in my wedding colors! My mom rocks!

Thanks for letting me share!
5.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Your mom made this? Wow!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Treasure!

Date: 3/14/2010 10:58:14 PM
Author: lulu
Your mom made this? Wow!

Yes, she did! She''s been gathering up all the pieces and planning this since Thanksgiving.
2.gif
She''s making my wedding gown too and should be cutting it out soon. She''s fantastic!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Ah now I want one that is this awesome!! I wish my mother was crafty :razz:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW thats a really lovely card box what an awesome find :) love it :D

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
That is seriously cool - when I look at it, I feel like I''m back in the early 1900s or something. So awesome, I love that era - tell your mom she did great work!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
your mom made that? wow - how sweet of her

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s so sweet! It''s beautiful
30.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone! I had a lot of fun showing pictures of this to my coworkers today!

Date: 3/15/2010 7:54:22 AM
Author: laughwithme
That is seriously cool - when I look at it, I feel like I''m back in the early 1900s or something. So awesome, I love that era - tell your mom she did great work!
LWM - My wedding has a vintage 30s glam theme, and Mom said she wanted the card box to look like we were leaving on a transcontinental honeymoon by train or something. She nailed it!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That is just fabulously amazing! She did an incredible job! You are too lucky Equ!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results