shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Proposal Trip

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

johnjack19

Rough_Rock

So this is my first post on PS, but I have been browsing the site for a few months now. I am planning on popping the question to my girlfriend this May, right before we take a secret trip out to California. I''m working through the details now, but wanted to throw the general plan out there to get everyone''s impressions and possible suggestions.

For starters, my girlfriend works in a field that allows her large blocks of scheduled time off. I contacted her scheduler a few months ago and found a time later this year when she''s off for 8 days in a row. I then told her that I had some family members coming into town during that time so she wouldn''t schedule something else.

So here is the general gist of the plan:
I''m planning on popping the question the night before we are supposed to leave. I figured if I just sprung a surprise trip on her, she would be pretty much be expecting the question to be popped sometime on the trip anyways. This way, I will be able to surprise her both with the proposal and the trip.
9.gif

The night before we leave, the plan will be to go out to dinner while a couple of our friends go to her house and put out flowers, candles, rose petals and our favorite song set to play on repeat. I''m planning on popping the question right when we get back to her house :D

After that, the plan is to tell her that we''re taking a secret trip and leaving first thing in the morning. She will already have her laundry done since she''s thinking that we''ll be spending a couple days in the mountains with my family members anyways (We live in Colorado).

The next morning, we will board the California Zephyr Train out to Sacramento. This is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful train trips in the country as it goes through the Rocky Mountains one day and the Sierra Nevada Range the next. I booked a sleeper car as well to make sure we enjoy the trip in style.

Once we arrive in Sacramento, we will pick up our rental car and drive to Yosemite where we will spend 3 nights in a quaint cottage. Over our time in Yosemite, we will do a variety of hiking and sightseeing and will make sure to dine one night at the Ahwanee Hotel. (Hiking is one of the things we love doing together and have always discussed going out to Yosemite)

Following our time in Yosemite, we will drive to Napa Valley where I''ve booked a nice B&B in one of the smaller towns in the valley, right next to a bunch of the wineries. We will either spend 2 days in Napa Valley or one day there and one day in San Francisco. After that we will fly back to Colorado and start the planning process!

Anyways, I would love to get people''s impressions on the trip and suggestions to make it better. Personally, I''m super excited and am finding it hard to wait for the next few months to pass!

Thanks in advance for everyone''s advice.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Your plans sound wonderful!! She's gonna love everything you've thought of! I just have one suggestion. It sounds like your time together will be busy and fun, but try to have some down time where you do nothing so she could just enjoy the aftershock of being engaged. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results