shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this proposal?.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sr4482

Rough_Rock
First off, I will be proposing on V-day.

I wanted to do something a little different than the "norm" and began to really think about ours lives since we''ve known each other. We''ve been together now for 9 months, but have known each other for over 7 years (talking sparingly over the years as she would come to me for advice).

She had a pretty rough childhood and adolescence though a lot being no fault of her own. Eight years ago, we both met two awesome and amazing people (we didn''t know each other at the time) who still to this day we are both very very close to. They both poured into our lives individually and still are HUGE part of our lives. They are essentially our 2nd parents. It was always their "dream" for us to get together (we really didn''t know it) and it finally happened (perfect timing IMO). "Mom" was ecstatic and thrilled as she literally prayed about us getting together.

I began to think about who I would want to possibly be a part of this event and I couldn''t think of any other two people (even above my own rents and her family). They also have 3 wonderful children who we are also very close too.

We are two completely different individuals (we balance each other out I guess you can say), but like to joke around alot, especially in front of the kids who love when we "fake" argue. The two boys are so freakin'' hilarious and are so creative with multimedia and "home videos". I decided I wanted something comical to begin with and then end with something more "romantic" or serious.

The boys put their heads together and they are going to make a home video (it''s really very professional as they use top of the line software) that is comical regarding our relationship since we started dating. One of the boys will dress up as her (with all the hair and make up and all) and the other will be me and they will reenact many different parts of our relationship (nothing too personal however). All those parts are really funny. I figured at the beginning she would think it''s something they came up with as a V-Day gift to us just to be funny. The video will be approx 10 mins or so.

Theres no doubt in my mind that she would laugh her butt off. After the video I would pull out a bag that had 12 roses in them. I would pull out one rose at a time and give her a reason for why I love her and would do it with each rose. One the 12th rose I would explain the meaning of a dozen roses (declaration of love; representation of perfection and completion; etc). I would then rehash how each one of these roses indicate my love for her. I would then indicate how in the natural these roses will die out and dry out but my love for her will never fade and will last forever. Then I''ll say along with these roses I want to give you something that will "last forever" and represents my never ending love and pull the ring out of the bag on one knee and propose.

Thoughts? Other ideas?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful!! I love your idea! Do you think though that she''d figure out that you''re proposing after rose number 3? If you don''t mind that, then it''s perfect! Another idea is to maybe write her a love note or love poem and read it so you won''t lose your train of thought (when my FI was proposing, he got so nervous he forgot what he was planning on saying). You could do a list of 12 reasons I love you and give her the dozen roses either before or after and explain that each rose signifies each reason. Then explain in the end that your undying symbol of love is....ta-dah...propose with the ring at end point. So in the long run it''s possible that she still won''t know the proposal is coming until you get down on your knee. Hope that helps! Good luck on the proposal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results