shape
carat
color
clarity

how many have flawed diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dustedwaste

Rough_Rock
just curious how many out there live and love there flawed diamonds. i have a 1.28 carat round solitaire
color is H but the clarity is I2...ew how many are cringing right now lol. the color on this ring is great it seems crystal clear and sparkles galore but when you angle it a certain way in certain lighting you can see those dang flaws. no carbon spots just tons of feathers or crytals on the lower half. when i first noticed this at my kitchen window one sunny morning i almost freaked it looked like a crack! but then i saw the crack was feathery along with a bunch of crystals. i guess because every flaw was white to clearish it was hard to detect at first. i could have brought the ring back but i felt bad for this diamond, like i was its mommy and had to accept it no matter what. so just wondering if im the only sap who feels this way about there flawed diamond and also is this a week stone? will its life be limeted due to the feathers? its not on the surface at all its inside the stone for sure.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair of diamond studs that are not the best diamonds by any means. I've never had them appraised so I don't know any specs exactly. The color is on the grey side, and one stud has a black, very visible inclusion (can't see it when I wear them, but if you look at the stone close up you can see it for sure). It sparkles pretty well, but it's clearly not an ideal cut. However, I LOVE these earrings. I inherited them from my grandmother. My grandmother was a widow at a young age and she managed to raise four children on her own! So you can probably guess that I wear these earrings with a lot of pride even though they are not the highest quality stones.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very likely that your stone has no durability issues whatsoever.

And who would buy a diamond they would consider 'flawed' ? You seem to like yours, so ?

You may think I am not very sincere in this, but lots of gem freaks would appreciate included stones as a challenge for their gemological knowledge (you may want to sift through Mogok's posts for this, for example). Such a view is not at all rare. There are all kinds of reasons to appreciate a gem. Wether YOU like yours or not is, really what matters, I would think. If you do not, it is just another merchandise... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results