shape
carat
color
clarity

TTC After MC: Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies! You have become such good friends during this journey.

Here's a thread where we can talk about our random thoughts, support each other though our fears and triumphs as we go through this journey together. You don't even have to be TTC to be here! Welcome everyone... Hugs and dust to us all. Welcome to those who wish to support us! You've been so amazing throughout this experience. *sheds tear of gratitude*

I'll write more this evening when I have more time! (HUGS)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss,
This thread is soooo needed. I know it will help many. I am sorry for all the ladies who have had MC''s. I had one myself.
Good luck to all of you wonderful ladies!!!
35.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting the thread, Bliss!!
9.gif

I've been thinking a lot about when to start trying again, especially after knowing my HCG is finally all the way down and getting my 1st post-miscarriage period yesterday. I mean, we could *potentially* try again starting about 2 weeks from now (assuming I actually ovulate)! However, I am nervous about it and I think that this cycle is still a bit too early. I am feeling weird about trying before the 3 cycles that my doc recommends pass...I know there is not a lot of evidence (or any) that says it's not OK to start trying again as soon as you have one normal period, but DH had a good point...my doctor wouldn't make the recommendation to wait a little longer unless she had a good reason to, based on her experience. Whether it's solely for emotional reasons or also for physical reasons too, I'm not sure. She said it was to ensure a good healthy endometrium. DH also pointed out that if we start trying again now and, heaven forbid, have another loss, we will always wonder if things wouldn't have been different had we waited just one or two more months, and it will be easy to blame ourselves for trying again too soon. When he said that, it really hit me...

Plus, I'm on a roll right now with weight loss! Waiting a little longer gives me the chance to get to an even better pre-preggo weight.

I'm not sure yet exactly when we will start trying....all I know is that we decided, just tonight, that it won't be this cycle. We will see how we feel next cyle and go from there. But I so appreciate having this thread to share my thoughts and feelings about trying again, and to support all my buddies as we all continue this journey together!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 4:54:04 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Bliss,
This thread is soooo needed. I know it will help many. I am sorry for all the ladies who have had MC''s. I had one myself.
Good luck to all of you wonderful ladies!!!
35.gif

Thanks for your support, Kaleigh. *HUGS*
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so this is kinda fun...

If I assume my next few will be 28 day cycles, and I end up getting pregnant after I have my period in March (which is the time frame for waiting that my doc recommends), my due date would end up being Christmas Eve!
9.gif
And Bliss, the same applies for you since we are officially "cycle buddies" starting yesterday! LOL!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh! Thank you so much. *hugs* You have really been so supportive. Thank you for being such a true friend to us. I''m so sorry that you went through this, too. I initially felt such shame during the experience, like maybe I had done something wrong or my body was defective in some way. And I felt alone IRL in a lot of ways because no one talks about miscarriages. I had support from my family and close friends, but it would have been nice to know that it''s OK and not hush-hush. This community and angels like you were a godsend. Thank you, friend!

HOUMedGal!!!!! I''m thinking about when to start TTC again, too! You got your first post m/c period yesterday just like me!!! Wow! I just started charting my temps for the first time and it''ll be interesting to see how it looks. Sometimes I want to start right away. I can tell it scares DH a lot because he went through so much along with me so recently, even to this moment. He is so worried about my health and I think he''s afraid of going through this again. I don''t blame him because I feel the same way. But the craving to conceive again is powerfull; it surprises even me.

DH and I go to couples counseling once in a while when we''re going through challenging situations. We figure it''s a good way to "tune up" our relationship - DH finds it incredibly fun and rewarding. I find it tough because I express myself easier through the written word. Verbalizing my complex feelings and thoughts is harder for me! Anyway, we went because we were going through this miscarriage experience and wanted to talk about our feelings and check in with each other. Don''t get me wrong - we do this at home a lot, too. We just got into the habit and liked it so much after pre-marriage counseling we still check in from time to time...
30.gif
It''s like our "love" homework assignment! LOL Anyway... I just started crying out of nowhere! I guess I didn''t realize how depressed I was waiting for AF and wanting to be back to normal! There is something about really setting time aside to block out the world, work and distractions and focusing on just us...that brought it forth. Since then, DH has cried to me about how sad he is about losing the baby. Sometimes I can''t believe this has been a 3 month journey. Wow. Anyway, wanted to share!

HOU, how is your cycle? Mine is so weird. All yesterday I had the worst cramps and my back ached. I honestly thought something was wrong with my uterus and thought I''d have to make an emerg appointment! It''s so confusing sometimes because this is all new to me post m/c! Then last night, I started bleeding a little bit and today I have light AF bleeding. Today I was sad because it reminded me of spotting after the m/c!

We''re going to try to wait and see for at least a couple of months. I''m going to play it by ear... if we feel it''s time, we will TTC. If not, we''ll just enjoy our time together for now. I do sometimes want to start TTC after this period, though! I''ll let you know what my new OB says. The one I met with last week said we could start trying now. She told me to start BD a lot to "stimulate" my uterus! On the ultrasound, it looked like I was about to have my period. All yesterday it was like my poor uterus was trying to contract and bleed but wouldn''t. I honestly thought it was broken from the m/c! I never used to have any issues before! Today, AF is kicking my butt! I am tired and have cramps.

HOU, do you have 28 day cycles? Mine are a bit longer, I think. Again, this is my first time charting! The last time I "charted" by just observing my CF and we got pregnant that month. The month before, we just tried randomly and I''m sure I totally missed the window. You bring up an excellent point! A Christmas Eve baby! Wow, can you imagine if we were so lucky? They say periods are really wonky after a m/c. I hope that''s not the case for us. I want to have normal periods from now on! Oh, AF I have missed you!
36.gif

She''s so sassy! Did she tell you anything about her "vacation?" She just smiled and did a twirl to show off her tan. As usual, she didn''t answer any of my questions.
26.gif

((HUGS))

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Bliss:

Thanks for starting this thread.

Also.....
1.gif
9.gif
2.gif
36.gif
....I am so happy AF is back...large and incharge (as my little niece says)

HOU:

I''m happy to hear AF has returned for you too. I bet you never thought you''d miss her as much as you did.

Peace, love, and smiles,

LL.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Bliss- Thanks for starting this site. I''ve also really appreciated the support from everyone on here, but especially those who have recently been through the same.

Wow, 3 months. It''s 7 weeks today that I got my BFP and I don''t know whether that feels long or short? I think it just seems surreal and I keep thinking I will wake up one day and find that it was just a bad dream.

HOumedgal - yeah for the weight loss. My plan was to get myself fit and toned for the wedding but I''ve been indulging in a lot of comfort eating so boy do I have some work to do!

Wishing you both the best with the difficult decision when to TTC again and really hoping for some happy news for all of us this year.

I''m not sure what we will do about TTC. If it is AF that has just arrived, we will definitely not TTC for at least another full cycle because my new health insurance won''t cover me if my cycle starts before 31 January. And I don''t know whether we will TTC in March before our wedding at the end of March. I don''t want to be stressed around the wedding about whether I might be KU but I''m also not inclined to wait too long since I am 37 (nearly 38, ugh) and it could take us a while to get a BFP again. I don''t know, it''s so hard.

And before we TTC I will need to kick the caffeine habit again! I had cut down a lot when we were TTC and had nothing once preggos but I have relapsed badly since then.

HOUmedgal - we are actually thinking about Mexico and Belize for our honeymoon. Living in Australia, we''ve never been before (although we''ve both travelled a lot) so any recommendations are welcome. Where did you stay on your trip?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Bliss for starting this thread! I know it''s way too soon to tell anything, but I think I stopped bleeding/spotting (is that actually way too soon to already stop on day 5 after the d&c?), so MAYBE I''ll end up having AF around the same time as you and HMG next cycle. that would be really whacky.

HMG - I totally hear you on the worry that if you TTC right away and it ends up another m/c you will never know if you just tried too soon and didn''t give your body enough time to be ready. but we are going to start right away after first AF, anyway. I was doing the math in my head, and thought that if everything had gone well, I would have had a child end of July. but now the earliest it would be possible is DECEMBER! and that is highly unlikely considering I don''t even know if AF will show up before March and even if all goes well, there''s only a 25% chance of conception every month anyway. realistically it looks like 2011 for me. that''s a YEAR away. with that in mind, I decided I''m not going to wait. that said, everyone should still do what they are most comfortable with.

so I''ll keep posting my m/c stuff on the other thread, but I do have a TTC question. I started taking the prenatals again the day after the d&c. I was comparing mine to my regular Centrum vitamins, and Centrum has much higher percentages except for folic acid (100%) and iron (very little). so I''m wondering if I should just go back to taking my Centrums plus folic acid pills (which together would add up to 300% - is that too much?)... but what should I do for iron? thoughts? opinions?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
luvinlife, thanks!!!! It was noelwr''s idea.
35.gif
So thanks to you! Ohhh, so glad AF is back. I can''t tell you how glad I am to see that sassy lady. She is large and in charge! She''s the HBIC! (Head B in Charge!) Lots and lots of hugs to you, thank you so much!!!

geri, 7 weeks? Wow, that is both long and short. I agree that it is surreal. I feel like I''ve been immersed in this new land for so long - reading, researching and everything in between. Just wow! It really took over our lives. geri, don''t worry too much! I know, I know! Easier said than done. But... It is such a good sign that you got KTFU so fast. It means a lot of things - that your tubes are open, that you do ovulate, that your FI''s sperm loves your egg, that they can survive in your CF, that your eggs are good and on and on...it just eliminates so many factors that REs target when tackling infertility. Hey, at least everything works! That''s a good start. Plus, after a m/c they say you are very fertile. Of course, things can happen and there are risks to everything. Secondary infertility and etc. But I''m just going to focus on the positive since it can''t hurt, right?

HOU!!!! Did you notice that before AF, you were still getting weird bloating? As soon as AF came, I lost all those weird cravings and my tummy totally went down again. I think all the hormones got blasted away when I got AF... did this happen to you? I feel like I was holding water weight or something during those last several weeks. I''m shedding it all now and I''m not even doing anything differently.

I almost feel like as soon as my HCG finally hit ground zero, AF came immediately almost like she was waiting for that magic drop. It was like everything clicked into place and the gears started churning instantly. The human body is a miracle. I am amazed all the time and more so after this experience. I will always be so grateful for my health and treat my body well. Wow, it is just incredible.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
geri, I hear you on the caffeine front! I am enjoying my coffee again and all the fertility books I have been reading say not to drink ANY or to cut down a LOT before TTC. But I love my coffee! GAH!!!

noelwr, I go back and forth all the time. DH might have to travel a lot this month, so we might miss our window. Plus, I go back and forth all the time. Last night I was lying in bed convinced that we weren't ready to TTC again. I just got really scared and felt I wanted to enjoy the break before all the worrying and morning sickness! That was tough stuff! But then again, I woke up this morning and felt like I really wanted to TTC this cycle. So weird. I think I'm just scared of m/c again. My OB says since I miscarried "naturally" (MVA makes the uterus contract and shed itself - instead of scraping of the uterus lining like a D&C) that we can start this cycle. She wanted me to wait one cycle for dating purposes. I'll get the second opinion at my new OB today! Even after a D&C, I'm almost certain that women do conceive and have healthy pregnancies after 1 cycle. Of course, I would consult with your doctor to make sure. I feel like I've been reading way too much about m/c and TTC after MC. On so many message boards some women do indeed say they regret TTC so fast after a m/c because they had a m/c and wonder if they TTC too early. Other women had no problems going on to having a healthy pregnancy right after a D&C. Maybe it depends on the individual.

Whew! It's so great to have this thread but I just wrote long responses to this thread, the early loss thread and the TTC thread...all threads that are dear to me! noelwr, I do the same thing! LOL I think I'm going to stay mostly in this one because I'm starting to move forward and pop into the other two to give support and any info I have that might be helpful. You ladies are the best!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - you did a much better job starting off this thread than I would have ever done... plus you ladies are already at the point when you can make that decision and I still have to wait.

regarding the vitamins, I forgot that regular Centrum has a lot of vitamin A which apparently is no good. though I did see that Centrum sells their own prenatals, so I might get some of those.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
noelwr, sounds like you are right where we are... I bet you''ll get AF soon! That is so awesome re: your BFN!!!! I''ll tell AF to get her butt over to you when she''s done visiting me.

So I went to my OB this afternoon and I feel like I have finally found the right doctor for me. He was very compassionate, thorough and took his time explaining EVERYTHING - almost to the point where I was getting impatient! But I got to ask lots of questions and it was really reassuring. I also like how when he examined me, he turned the u/s around and took his time explaining everything. He showed me how my uterus was nice and flat now with no tissue left behind and confirmed that I was having AF.

We talked about TTC again and he said while he''d like for me to wait one more cycle, we don''t have to wait. He said there was no scientific basis for waiting an extra cycle but it''s the basic recommendation they give women after m/c. So I asked more bluntly, "So can we try this cycle?" And he said yes, we could if we felt ready. Everything looked good!

I feel hugely relieved that AF is back and things are back to normal in that regard. I really had a hard time with the mystery of what was going on in my body. It was frustrating and confusing! Now that we''re back to a new cycle, I am really happy that things are OK. As for if we''ll TTC, I have no idea. Our general consensus is that we''ll try to wait a couple of months. We want to take big vacations while we can! But then again, we really want to start trying right away, too. Decisions, decisions! I kind of want to start trying right away. Then again, I am still feeling out how I truly feel and how DH truly feels about TTC so soon.

I was thinking about whether I''d taken enough time to process everything. It was so traumatic! I don''t want a new pregnancy to be marred by this sadness and anxiety. But would it help heal that wound? Then again, would the joy of being pregnant again help or hinder healing from this experience? I think even if God blesses us with a beautiful baby, I will always think about the first baby who taught us so much. Hmmmm, this is all new to me! I''m glad we''re in this together!

HUGS

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - I''m really happy that your new OB makes you feel comfortable, and that he could confirm that it is truly AF. it sounds like both you and HMG have been thinking about it a lot, weighing all your options, so I am sure whatever decision you will make regarding when to start TTC will be the right one for you. regarding anxiety during the next pregnancy... I''m not sure if I would personally be worried any less if I got pregnant 6 months later as opposed to during the 1st month. I think I would worry just as much! I think the uterus heals very quickly (plus you had the MVA instead of a d&c), so in that area I don''t think you should worry.

we knew from the beginning that we would try again ASAP. I mean we lost 6 months due to this m/c, and I''m turning 31 in 3 months and DH is turning 37, so I don''t feel like waiting forever. not that age makes a difference in how good parents you will be, but I don''t want to wait any more time than I have to.

we don''t ever think about the m/c as a baby. we just think of it as a m/c. we didn''t name it and actually hardly really acknowledged that it was there. we talked about the future and my symptoms, but never about the thing that was there developing. I know that sounds like we would be horrible parents, but I think we were being cautious and it''s actually made it easier to deal with. so the worst part of the m/c for me was just waiting for it to be over so my body could get back to normal. I do feel a little bit bad about it now, so I''m wondering if I should try to embrace motherhood more with the next pregnancy, but it will be difficult because I''m sure again I won''t want to get "too close", just in case... wow, I think it''s going to be hard! I think I''ll be elated to be given another chance (because it''s also not a given that I will get pregnant again... ever the pessimist), but on the other side I''ll be scared to be TOO happy.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I only have a few moments but felt compelled to share.

First, HUGS to all! The great news is, you''ve all been pregnant before and the chances of you getting pregnant again are very high! I had lots of crazy fears that I would never conceive again but no where can I find any research or articles to substantiate random infertility after one m/c.

I know I have complained about this on the other TTC thread, but try not to be too freaked out if your cycle is different from before the pregnancy. Different O date, length, luteal phase length, CM patterns, heaviness of flow, etc. It may all change--or may stay the same! Just wanted to give the heads up.

Re: folic acid I was taking I think 1200 mcg between a couple of vitamins when I got KU. I think you can''t take too much?

Re: when to try again, obviously a very personal decision. Getting pregnant again was the only thing that make me feel "better" about the m/c. After the m/c I had an emptiness that I knew only another pregnancy would fill.

Re: lost time--YES! Noel I totally sympathize. We got pregnant June of last year, and then again in December. We lost half a year, basically. Nothing you can do about it, but it totally sucks especially I think if you''re over 30. I will be 34 when I deliver, assuming I carry this one full term.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Quick drive-by....have things to do so will have to post more later, but just wanted to say YAAAY! to Bliss for finding an awesome OB! So glad you like him!! :) Oh, and I''m totally with ya on the coffee...I went right back to it after the MC and now I''m back to my 1/2 a pot (almost) every morning....*sigh*. It will be hard to get back off when I start TTC again!!

Geri, Noel, hope you ladies are both having a good day too!! :)

Luvinlife, thanks for the luv! (pun intended). :) Indeed, I didn''t ever think I''d be so happy to see AF....LOL. I think Bliss wrote somewhere else about how she was cheering inside with every little gush she felt...HA! I have been the same way!! I just so wanted this to be AF and not more MC bleeding...I am SO over MC bleeding. So far, it''s been really quite typical of my usual AF''s, except a bit heavier at the beginning.

We joined a gym last night! And I had an awesome workout this morning before work! The gym is really nice, brand new facility, super clean and fresh, awesome equipment, and really nice showers too (they even provide your shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, as well as hair dryers and even Q-tips!) I am turning over a new leaf with regard to eating and exercise, and I plan to be in much better shape by the time I get preggo again! It''s good to have something else to "obsess" about besides getting pregnant right now.
9.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies. I felt compelled to write something in this thread since I had a MC as well, and it was really tough to get over and move on. I am hoping it might help you ladies see the positive in all of this tragedy.

First off, Bliss, Kaleigh, HouMedGal, luvinlife, geri, noelwr, and anyone else, I am so sorry that you've had MC(s). It's definitely not an easy thing to go through. I hope your bodies will go back to normal soon if it hasn't already and mentally, you can move on quickly.

Here's my story (sorry it's so long
15.gif
):

I got off birth control at the end of December 2007 after being on the pill for 10.5 years. I didn't even get a period and got pregnant right away in January 2008. My EDD was September 26, 2008. We weren't officially "trying" yet, but just wanted to see what would happen. We were thrilled to be expecting and that it happened so fast. We saw the heartbeat of the baby at 8 weeks. I was told during my NT scan at 12 weeks that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. This was in March 2008. I was completely devastated. I had to have a D&C the following week to remove the demised fetus. I had no symptoms of the mc other than some spotting here and there early on, but that was it. I was really looking forward to getting my first AF, so I could move on and get past this.

It took my body exactly 105 days (3.5 months) to get my first AF post D&C. This was at the end of June 2008. After not getting my period for over 2 months, I went back to my dr. to see what was going on. It turned out my HCG levels were still high, and my body still thought I was pregnant. It took a long time for my levels to go down less than 5, which would then trigger my body to ovulate and start my cycle.

After getting my first AF, my doctor told us since it's been so long, we could go ahead and start trying again. It took exactly 4 months of basal temp charting and OPKs for me to get pregnant the second time around. Every month that I didn't get pregnant, it would make me think about my mc and what would have been our baby. When I got past my original EDD and I still wasn't pregnant, I got even more depressed.

I finally got my BFP on election day in November 2008 at 9 dpo. I couldn't believe it, but was very very cautious this time. I normally O on day 17 or so, but this cycle, I O'd on day 24 due to high stress levels. I was on baby aspirin and progesterone this time around until I hit my 2nd trimester just in case though my levels were good. My dr. saw me every other week until I was in my second trimester. I had a very uneventful pregnancy, which I was grateful of (no morning sickness and no spotting, which was different from my first pregnancy, which had spotting on at least 4 occassions).

Fast forward to 40 weeks on my due date in July 2009, I went into labor and ended up with an emergency c-sect due to the baby's deceleration in heart rate. Though my delivery was not what I wanted (it was actually my worst fear), I had a healthy baby boy in the end, which was all that mattered. My baby boy is a little over 6 months now, and I still think about my mc every now and then. If I didn't have my mc, my little boy would not be here. It's amazing why things happen when they do and the way they do, but I really believe everything happens for a reason. I too feared that I may not be able to carry a baby to full term. I look back to all the pain, tears, all the months that passed by, and all the negative pregnancy tests were all so worth it for my precious baby I have now. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
5.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I have to run out but I just wanted to give radiant a huge hug and thanks. What am incredible story. That story is such a beautiful way to start the day. I'm so sorry for your loss... and I am so overwhelmed with wonder and delight regarding your little one!!!!!

HOU, I posted in the TTC thread but we are cycle twins as well! Nada on CD4! What's up with that? AF have some hot date or something? LOL She just ran off!

So happy to hear from you, Kit! Soooo happy for you!!!!! Thanks for checking in!

Thinking about all you ladies...noelwr, LV, geri and everyone...

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
radiantgirl

Thank you for sharing your story. I provides many of us on this thread with hope for healthy future pregnancies.
Also, the baby on your profile picture.....OMG, I could just kiss those cheeks!
30.gif

Kit
I feel your excitement through your email. I am glad to hear you are doing well!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
radiantgirl - also a thank you from me. everyone seems to know someone who had a m/c and went on to have a healthy baby, but it is different when you hear it first hand. gives me more hope. thanks for that!

bliss - 3 days of AF is better than having her stay the whole week!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kit, thanks so much for sharing. I''m expecting my cycle to be craaazy as it''s my first time charting with temps. Last time, I just "charted" by observing CF. This time, I''m eager to see the temp pattern! Thanks so much for the info on what you experienced and of course, your wonderful news! It''s so great to hear from you.
26.gif
I totally understand how getting pregnant helped you heal and feel "better" about the m/c, if there is such a thing! You are so sincere and honest, it really helps me feel better about my own feelings. So thank you. I feel like I won''t feel truly better about it until we are pregnant again. And yet I also feel like I''m not quite ready to try again! I''m scared of daring to hope again.

HOU! So on Monday, CD2, my HCG was 12! My body sure takes foreeeeever to get rid of it! Hahahaha. Fertility Friend doesn''t count the first day of spotting as CD1, for some reason! I had a little more spotting on CD4, so I was perhaps a little too quick to say AF was gone. She popped back in to powder her nose, I guess! YAY for your new gym! Sounds awesome!!! Kick butt, girl! My new OB told me that being in great shape before pregnancy really helps you later on.

Radiant, thanks again!!! Your baby is G O R G E O U S!!!!!! Wow! Beautiful! That 105 day wait for AF must have been so hard. Gosh, the mystery of what is going on after a m/c is so tough mentally. I am so happy for you and what an amazing story. Pregnancy after 4 cycles is a wonderful thing! And your baby boy is such a miracle. Your story gives me so much hope.

luvinlife, thinking of you!

HOU, are you thinking of TTC this cycle? I''m so torn! I really want to try again but I''m also so afraid. It''s almost like I was burned so badly after the m/c, I am scared of daring to hope again. And if we do become pregnant quickly, will I be able to have the same joy? I feel like we''ll both be so scared during the pregnancy that it''ll be traumatic more than joyful...hardly a way to welcome a little baby into the world, right? I am seeing an excellent therapist in the meantime to work through my sadness and deal with it all in a healthy way. It''s tough! I wish I didn''t take this loss so hard. But I just fell in love with that little bean and I do not regret the heartbreak that came with loving it.

HUGS to you all!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:53:22 PM
Author: Bliss

HOU! So on Monday, CD2, my HCG was 12! My body sure takes foreeeeever to get rid of it! Hahahaha. Fertility Friend doesn''t count the first day of spotting as CD1, for some reason! I had a little more spotting on CD4, so I was perhaps a little too quick to say AF was gone. She popped back in to powder her nose, I guess! YAY for your new gym! Sounds awesome!!! Kick butt, girl! My new OB told me that being in great shape before pregnancy really helps you later on.

HOU, are you thinking of TTC this cycle? I''m so torn! I really want to try again but I''m also so afraid. It''s almost like I was burned so badly after the m/c, I am scared of daring to hope again. And if we do become pregnant quickly, will I be able to have the same joy? I feel like we''ll both be so scared during the pregnancy that it''ll be traumatic more than joyful...hardly a way to welcome a little baby into the world, right? I am seeing an excellent therapist in the meantime to work through my sadness and deal with it all in a healthy way. It''s tough! I wish I didn''t take this loss so hard. But I just fell in love with that little bean and I do not regret the heartbreak that came with loving it.

HUGS to you all!
Dude, this slow falling HCG business is nutso! I am so over it!! LOL!!! I am also LMAO about AF taking off then popping back in to powder her nose....you CRACK ME UP. :)

We have decided not to try this cycle, for sure. I don''t know how we will feel next cycle, but I''m thinking we will probably wait until I''ve had post-MC AF #3 (hopefully in mid-March, if I have them every 28 days or so) and start at that time. The point that my DH brought up really hit home for me (the one about if we get preggo again before the 3 cycles that my doc reccomends, and then heaven forbid have another loss, it will be too easy to blame ourselves for getting pregnant again too quickly). Also, right now I''m really into the idea of getting healthier and more fit before I get pregnant again...it''s almost like joining the gym and focusing on getting my body where I want it to be has given me something else to obsess about besides getting pregnant, which is a good distraction, I think. I''m not too far off from where I want to be....a 20lb weight loss would be ideal, but even 10 or 15 would be awesome!!

Sometimes I don''t think I''m as ready as I think I am.....if that makes any sense at all! haha! I still waffle back and forth a lot. All I know is that right now, it feels right to focus on getting my body healthy. So that''s what I''m working on. We will reassess next month and see where we''re at. :)

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Bliss, luvinlife, noelwr - Thank you for the kind comments. I am really glad that my story gives hope to you all.

Bliss - Sorry that your body is taking a long time to get of of the hormone. I totally understand how you feel. Hang in there!

Good luck to you ladies and hope to hear some wonderful news very soon!
1.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HOU, HAHAHAHAAHA on Aunt Flo! That tricky lady. She popped her head back in the other day to look around. I think she smelled cookies but it was just a vanilla candle. When she saw that, she darted out again. LOL. Sometimes she can be a real beeyotch!
31.gif

How awesome that you and your DH decided to wait! It is true that there is no harm in waiting and it''s probably for the best. Also, you get to kick butt in the gym and work on your slammin'' physique! As Fergie would sing in Fergilicious, you''re working on your fitness - I''m your witness! LOL. We haven''t decided whether we''ll wait to try or not. I feel like we''ll wait this cycle out and let it normalize. I''m charting for the first time so I''m curious to see if this is a wonky cycle or not.

Radiant, hanks! Yeah, it''s amazing how slowly it takes to get back to normal.
19.gif
Aunt Flo really played some tricks on me this month. But what can you do about family?!
36.gif
Ha!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
how does the temping thing work? I was just reading the TTC thread and don''t want to ask on there because it moves a little too quickily for me. I''ve never done the temping and charting thing... so was just wondering...

someone said she wanted to train her kitty to put the thermometer in her mouth... really? not about the cat part, but about the mouth part... all this time I thought you had stick the thermometer up your "oochie coochie"!
6.gif
is that not the case?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Noel! Thanks for the laugh! I was just imagining you thinking about training a cat to take vaginal temps! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

That was me talking to dcgator. We were talking about how we get woken up earlier than our regular waking schedules; and we were wondering which temp to take. My DH wakes me up by accident when he sneaks out of bed so I was going to have DH stick a thermometer in my mouth to take the temp when he gets up since he gets up consistently at the same time. dcgator's cat wakes her up so I was wondering if her cat could take her temps! Purely in jest, of course!

You can take your basal body temp vaginally. It takes about 5 minutes, so most people use digital BBT thermometers because it's faster and more convenient. Also, you can pop it in your mouth!

I felt just like you did when I entered the TTC thread at first. It was overwhelming! Have you ever read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It's the bible of TTC and also a really fascinating read. It tells you all about charting and pinpointing when you are most fertile. Online, we chart on FertilityFriend.com. They make it super easy. You just log on each day (or when you can) and enter in your temp and other info. It creates a chart so you can see when you are ovulating and if you might be pregnant, even! They have online tutorials there that are helpful as well. Initially, I thought I was too lazy to chart with temps. So I just observed my CF and it worked that month. Now, I find that it's even more fascinating to chart so I can really see what is going on... it's helpful when the other cues aren't as clear. Since this is my first cycle after the m/c, I want to chart so I can see if I am ovulating or not...etc. I'm sure it's going to be a wild chart so the more info the better!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HOU! I saw that AF visited you again like the weirdo she is this month. She is SUCH A WEIRDO THIS MONTH!!!!

Here, I thought she was this prim and proper lady. Then she goes off to Hawaii and meets a man...and now she's growing a mustache and has a mullet! Heehee. SO unpredictable! OK, fine. I confess, I just wanted an excuse to post this funny photo. The new and improved Aunt Flo! Wearing a disguise, she is as tricky as they come!

"Hello, HOU! Saw you at the gym today. Whazzap?"

AuntFlo.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss-you crack me up!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 5:31:45 PM

''Hello, HOU! Saw you at the gym today. Whazzap?''
O....M.....G!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am LITERALLY LMAO!!! That is EXACTLY what happened at the gym today! Seriously! HAHA! Ohhh Bliss, I *heart* you!
9.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 11:46:59 AM
Noel! Thanks for the laugh! I was just imagining you thinking about training a cat to take vaginal temps! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

LMAO!
9.gif
ok, I do think cats are highly intelligent animals, but...

I didn''t know you could do the temping thing with the temperature in your mouth. I''m not looking to chart/temp and all that stuff (but more power to all the women who do). when I get started with something I usually become obsessed with it, and I don''t think DH would be able to live with me: "I''m ovulating. Drop your pants, NOW!" not saying that''s how all women become, but I know that it would have that effect on me. we decided to just let nature do it''s thing and we''ll just worry about the fun part. I know that if you don''t BD around the time you ovulate you won''t conceive, but DH is not adverse to frequent or too much BDing.
31.gif

anyway, if it doesn''t happen for us after a few months, I might start charting. at least it sounds more appealing to me now that I know you don''t have to do it vaginally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results