shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,should men dye their gray hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
No! By the time men reach an age where their hair turns gray, they ought to just be thankful that they have any to change colour!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on his age, really. I get a little skeeved out when I see an obviously 70-80something man with chestnut brown hair.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
No. I don''t mind gray on men and find that obviously colored hair on men a real turn off. I prefer the gray.

Now on women its a different story. For women anything goes. If women want to color it, no issues there.

I personally color my hair because I feel to young to be gray and I think it ages me (I''m 40).

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they want dyed hair, sure.

I like it natural, I wouldn''t dye it if I were them.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I personally find gray hair sexy. Same w/ balding men. Embrace it. Shave it if you''re going bald, and rock the silver! :)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I love me some older handsome men with gray or silver hair. Mmmmm. Silver Fox!

Unfortunately hubby is from the balding team so I will never get to see it on him. He does have some grays starting in his beard though so there is still hope.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooooo older men with grey hair look distinguished!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
not if they are over 40
3.gif
I second the grey haired attraction in men of a certain age!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, why not? I only think it looks strange when a really older gentleman has dyed hair, but someone in their 40''s or 50''s? Why not?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
So all the anti-dye folks think Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and Javier Bardem look icky?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think men should dye it until their 40-45 then let it go.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I like gray on some men but not, for instance, on a guy who is 25. Some guys go gray very early...

Some carry it well, others don''t.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I knew one ego-driven nutjob that couldn''t accept the fact that he was not as young as he pretended to be, so he dyed his hair and his oh-so-current goatee. And promptly got a painful and angry red rash that forced him to miss a few days of work.
9.gif

One should always read the instructions carefully and do an allergy test first.
3.gif

And, no. Manly men don''t really feel the need to paint the gray. Do they? Nah. Maybe if they reside in Hollywood and their paycheck depends on it . . .

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I think a little grey is very attractive on an older man, but too much too soon is less flattering. Take the prez. A little grey looks stately, but if I were him, I would not let my hair go full out grey, even though the job will probably age him that much. Also, I think if you are part of a couple, you should consider your other half. If your wife is grey, then no biggie, but if she is a botoxing bleach blonde who looks 35, then maybe it's not time for you to move to grey quite yet... unless you want to look like her dad
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:17:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
OMG NO! I love men with silver in their hair!! George Clooney, Richard Gere..
31.gif
I think its quite sexy..
Me too!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:28:22 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
So all the anti-dye folks think Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and Javier Bardem look icky?
Yes, Johnny Depp is icky. All the creepy movie roles he''s in have made him a huge turn off. Charlie and the Chocolate factory - bleh. The new Alice and Wonderland one. Another Bleh.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
My bother started going gray at 18. He dyes his hair.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:47:10 PM
Author: MC

Yes, Johnny Depp is icky. All the creepy movie roles he''s in have made him a huge turn off. Charlie and the Chocolate factory - bleh. The new Alice and Wonderland one. Another Bleh.
I agree! Johnny Depp, Sexiest Man Alive. . . my a$$. If you like that ''floppy haired, haven''t had a shower in a good long while, don''t own a comb, why can''t I wear my pajamas'' look . . . It grosses me out, personally.
14.gif

And yeah, his movie roles allow him to be creepier than he even really is. When Hollywood needs someone weird, they come knocking on his door.
2.gif
Ain''t nothing sexy ''bout that.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way! It never looks right and I prefer natural grey. My DH disagrees, he hates his grey, but he does not dye it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:56:41 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 1/13/2010 4:47:10 PM
Author: MC

Yes, Johnny Depp is icky. All the creepy movie roles he's in have made him a huge turn off. Charlie and the Chocolate factory - bleh. The new Alice and Wonderland one. Another Bleh.
I agree! Johnny Depp, Sexiest Man Alive. . . my a$$. If you like that 'floppy haired, haven't had a shower in a good long while, don't own a comb, why can't I wear my pajamas' look . . . It grosses me out, personally.
14.gif

And yeah, his movie roles allow him to be creepier than he even really is. When Hollywood needs someone weird, they come knocking on his door.
2.gif
Ain't nothing sexy 'bout that.
Seriously, what is the deal the guy? What's even worse is his creepy roles are all kid movies.
14.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Where''s deco? I thought for sure she''d give Taylor Hicks as an example of how sexy/scrumptious gray hair is on a young guy.

I''ll say it. He''s a cutie-patootie. So is Hal Ketchum. I remember my first glimpse of Hal in a video; OMG! My knees got wobbly. I won''t talk about any other bodily reactions.
31.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Gray hair is sexy on men. I think dye on older men (that would obviously be gray...like 50 and up) is cheesy. As for women there''s no such thing as being distinguished with grays (I''m just saying this is the assumption). In my opinion for women they should do whatever they like with their hair.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If that''s what they want to do, why shouldn''t they? I dye my hair and plan to continue for quite a while, so why shouldn''t that be an option for a guy that doesn''t want to show his grey hair?

Though I will admit, I think it''s pretty sexy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree gray hair on men is sexy and distinguished.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Nah. While I don't find grey hair particularly sexy, it doesn't bother me at all.

That said, if it makes the guy himself feel better, then sure, why not?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
NO !!!!!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... Either way, assuming it looks somewhat natural.

My poor hubby is going gray quickly (at 31). I thought I would hate it, but... it does look kinda hot. However, as the gray is aging him, and I look like I''m a teenager, we look much further apart than we really are, and are subject to some funny looks at times!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My dad was pretty much completely grey by age 30. Since I was born when he was 35, I obviously don't remember seeing him with anything other than grey hair, so maybe that gives me a different opinion than others. I don't think any guys should bother coloring it - seems too high maintenance. Maybe if a guy goes grey really young and wants to dye it for a few years, ok. But if a guy goes grey at a "normal" age, I think coloring it is unnecessary. (my uncle has had dark brown hair forever and we all make fun of it a little)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results