shape
carat
color
clarity

Dog or not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondDumDum

Rough_Rock
Hello diamond gurus!

I basically have no clue what I'm doing and I just spent a bunch of cash. Lets call it the DiamondDumDum stimulus package!
23.gif

I've referenced many threads and information on this site throughout my search and have selected the following from BN:

Round, 1.32, I, VS2, Ex polish, Ex symmetry, No Flu, No Cu

It is 7.05x7.08x4.35; T=56%, D=61.6%, CA=34.5deg, PA=40.8deg

It gets a decent score on the HCA when I plugged in the above.

I've attached the cloud/needle notes and there are certainly things to look at but my hope is that it will be fairly "eye clean" and that the cut will carry it.

Anyway, it arrives today (12/10) and I have until 1/15 to return or exchange.

I think I did ok but I also now know enough to know that I really know nothing, I am the DiamondDumDum.

Does it look like a dog? What should I do/look at when it arrives?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback, comments, etc good and bad.

Thanks,
DiamondDumDum
35.gif

Snapshot 2009-12-10 01-39-15.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowhere close to what I would call a "dog."

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 3:01:49 AM
Author: JulieN
Nowhere close to what I would call a ''dog.''
Ditto, it has excellent numbers and could be a beautiful diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look promising.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has perfect numbers, you couldn''t have done better on a blind purchase!

The concern here is GIA rounding, and that any angles are actually averages, so while they are excellent there is the possibility that the spread is quite large. No matter what rounding or margins there are, though, you have a very nice diamond. You should be fine with VS2.

You might buy your own IS and take a look, if you''d feel better.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
these #''s = 36-24-36 on a woman.
2.gif

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That ain't no barker
2.gif

Now all you need is a Sarin / OGI / Helium / report indicating the high low measurements for the crown / pavilion angle sections to ensure that the average measurements stated on the GIA lab report are within close tolerance.

Also need: ASET, Ideal Scope and H&A images to judge optical symmetry (cut precision) if that is of interest. But you're off to a great start!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great/ When you get it, carefully take it into different lighting environments and see if you like how it performs. If you are so inclined, you can also take it to an independent appraiser to get their opinions.

DiamondDumDum

Rough_Rock
All -

Thanks for the feedback! Prior to purchasing I came to this site a number of times and read all that I could and it was very useful in making me feel somewhat comfortable and educated about the basics of what I should be looking for and what to avoid.

It came today and I think it looks great! But then again, I have no clue! I do intend to have it appraised by a pro. I''ll try to get some pictures up soon.

DiamondDumDum

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you like it, should be a beauty!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results