shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Friday Shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
So it''s 5:40am right now, and I''m awake to go shopping... why? Ugh and the best part of it is my roommate wanted to leave at 5:45 so we could get there right when the store we are going to opens. I was fine to leave at 6:30 or 7 but got up early cause I knew what she wanted. BUT she just sent me a text saying "must sleep 10 more minutes" !!!!! I''m the kind of person that when you say to be ready at 5:45, I''m ready at 5:45 on the dot. Clearly, she is not that way. Almost any other time I''d be ok with needing to leave a little late but had I known she''d sleep longer, I would have slept longer too! It''s not like I just hopped out of bed at 5:25 ready to start my day!

Anyway, after this short rant I''m going to go wake her up and head out shopping. We''re thinking Target, Home Depot (for the SO) and World Market for sure. We''ll see where else we end up though.

Anyone else up early like me? Where are you shopping and what deals did you get!?!?!!?!?

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
It is now 5:20 AM, and Dad and I are out the door in about 10min! Petsmart for automatic litterboxes and a cat tree, hastings for books and music, and costco for jackets, dvd player and who knows what else! Woohooo and good luck everybody!
9.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were out the door and 4:45 and back home by 7:00, wasnt too bad, depending on where you went.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
only online for me
9.gif
toasty in my pjs.... hehe

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m working today, SO went out at 7:30 to score some loot for friends and their kiddies (allegedly). He texted me a picture of a mixer (a totally different and much cheaper brand than the Kitchenaid I pointed out to him in yesterday''s ads) so I had to text back and let him know that an appliance as a Christmas gift would absolutely not be appropriate and that he''d better focus on other recipients--Christmas is for the children, you know.
2.gif
9.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Update:

We''re back, its 8am. Crowds were actually not bad AT ALL where we went. We avoided the mall and the department stores which helped.

My roommate got some really good deals on DVD''s from target.
I got SO a cordless drill and a circular saw from Home Depot - but how silly is this, so the kit I got was a front page sale item in their ad. So I knew exactly what I was there for. I went straight to the tool section and looked for like 10 minutes and couldn''t find it. Only to find out they only had this kit in a special display like 30 yards from the tool section. Not even a notice about where to find it in the tool section.... doesn''t that seem a little counter intuitive?
Then we went to World Market where I got a cooking apron I''ve been eyeing for a while, some wine, a shawl for my cousin, and a free ornament!

Didn''t wait in line longer than 5 minutes at any of those stores. Way better than waiting in line for 40 minutes last year at Kohls.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 9:00:36 AM
Author: monarch64
I''m working today, SO went out at 7:30 to score some loot for friends and their kiddies (allegedly). He texted me a picture of a mixer (a totally different and much cheaper brand than the Kitchenaid I pointed out to him in yesterday''s ads) so I had to text back and let him know that an appliance as a Christmas gift would absolutely not be appropriate and that he''d better focus on other recipients--Christmas is for the children, you know.
2.gif
9.gif
LOL monarch, text him back and tell him "nothing with a power cord" (for us that is
5.gif
). That''s been the rule at our house for fifteen years (after the sewing machine and the rug shampooer).

My husband got around that two years ago when he bought me a smaller lighter version of one of his cordless rechargable power drills so I could install my own curtain and blind hardware. I never expected that but it''s actually quite useful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 9:40:42 AM
Author: gemgirl

2.gif
9.gif
LOL monarch, text him back and tell him ''nothing with a power cord'' (for us that is
5.gif
). That''s been the rule at our house for fifteen years (after the sewing machine and the rug shampooer).

My husband got around that two years ago when he bought me a smaller lighter version of one of his cordless rechargable power drills so I could install my own curtain and blind hardware. I never expected that but it''s actually quite useful!
I''ll even compromise: anything with a power cord is ok as long as it is pink. Hahahahaha!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
We stayed up all night(wasn''t hard for us) and went to Walmart around 3am. We were second in line and I was anxious for a good half hour before I got tired of standing. When it turned 5am though, we got right up there, they rang us up(the wrong price came up, but they fixed it.) Then we made our way through the maze of cars that were outside and got our 42" tv! I''m so excited, it was totally worth it!
I plan on going to Kohls later to get an air popper(popcorn, yum!) and a new water bottle. I''m hoping they still have some items because it sounded like it was a mad house earlier.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
DH got up at 3:00 am to wait in line to get our son an i-pod.

Our local store had a $50.00 store credit with the i-pod purchase, so it was like getting it for $150.00. That is his only big present this year. DH was 14th in line for the i-pod and the store was guaranteed to have at least 15 to sell...they ended up having 35 i-pods, so he got one! He had to wait until 5:00 am to buy it, but he said it was worth it.

Then he scooted over to Best Buy to get season 8 of Smallville for $10.00!

We also need a TV (ours is dying a slow and painful death, LOL)...but since my four year old OVEN also decided to DIE two days ago, we''ll be replacing it before we get a TV.
20.gif
But that will be after Christmas!

So our Black Friday spending was limited, but DH was happy to get the couple of things he did! And he''s now back in bed!
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I never go but was awake at 5am for some reason
39.gif
and couldn't fall back asleep and decided to go. I actually found some great deals for my nephew and scored a great sweater for my hubby that he is wearing right now.
1.gif
hehe I went at 5:30 and got home at 7:30. The mall looked bad when I left (the lines and the parking lot).

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friends now wants to go to the mall this afternoon. Do you think it will be any calmer after the morning doorbuster''s rush? I hope so. I''m not entirely sure what I''d be shopping for but I don''t have much else to do this afternoon so I might go with him.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
online only for me too, far too lazy to leave the house. plus we don''t have any big purchases right now, this seems like a GREAT year for electronics if you need to purchase something though.

and also appliances! i noticed that i think best buy or buy.com had an LG washer and dryer large capacity front loading set for 50% off, so $350 each piece.
6.gif
why weren''t these prices around last dec when we needed them for our new house! i paid a ridculous amt for a bosch set that i hate.

did anyone go to neiman marcus this morning for their ''spend $100 and get $50 gift card'' sale for 3 hours?? now that was tempting. good thing clothes don''t fit me right now.
3.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 9:48:02 AM

Date: 11/27/2009 9:40:42 AM
Author: gemgirl

2.gif
9.gif
LOL monarch, text him back and tell him ''nothing with a power cord'' (for us that is
5.gif

I''ll even compromise: anything with a power cord is ok as long as it is pink. Hahahahaha!
Well, ya'' know, Kitchen Aids do come in pink now. I saw one on display in Bed, Bath & Beyond a couple of weeks ago.
2.gif
It wouldn''t be a bad deal at all with their regular 20 % off coupon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 12:51:13 PM
Author: Mara
online only for me too, far too lazy to leave the house. plus we don''t have any big purchases right now, this seems like a GREAT year for electronics if you need to purchase something though.

and also appliances! i noticed that i think best buy or buy.com had an LG washer and dryer large capacity front loading set for 50% off, so $350 each piece.
6.gif
why weren''t these prices around last dec when we needed them for our new house! i paid a ridculous amt for a bosch set that i hate.

did anyone go to neiman marcus this morning for their ''spend $100 and get $50 gift card'' sale for 3 hours?? now that was tempting. good thing clothes don''t fit me right now.
3.gif
time for a garage sale??
innocentwhistle.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think so DF, it''s less than a year old. i''ll be hating this set for at LEAST 4 more years.

speaking of KA mixers, i saw on amazon they have a $499 6 qt professional for $299. that is a pretty good deal!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, the pink ones have been around for awhile, I''ve been lusting after them for quite some time. I have a ton of the breast cancer awareness kitchen utensils and for some reason I''m all about pink in the kitchen. Not necessarily flowery Victorian themed pink everywhere, I just like that pale pink and it seems kind of retro and cool to me. I would love to have a KA mixer and if I could get it in pink I totally would. And then I would probably proceed to use it twice and stick it on a shelf somewhere never to be heard from again.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I''m back! 7 hours later.....two winter coats, Wii games, lots of movies and CD''s, pumpkin cheesecake (yummy!), lots of books, new vornado fan (was $70 bought it for $15 - YAY) and of course one GIANT cat tree!
9.gif
I need a nap
24.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 3:51:06 PM
Author: exoticisabella
I''m back! 7 hours later.....two winter coats, Wii games, lots of movies and CD''s, pumpkin cheesecake (yummy!), lots of books, new vornado fan (was $70 bought it for $15 - YAY) and of course one GIANT cat tree!
9.gif
I need a nap
24.gif

Whoa 7 hours... you are an extreme shopper. I was only out for 2 and I had to take like an hour nap this afternoon. I would probably pass out 10 seconds after coming home if I was out that long on black friday. Mad props for surviving.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 6:01:26 PM
Author: Callisto

Date: 11/27/2009 3:51:06 PM
Author: exoticisabella
9.gif
I need a nap
24.gif

Whoa 7 hours... you are an extreme shopper. I was only out for 2 and I had to take like an hour nap this afternoon. I would probably pass out 10 seconds after coming home if I was out that long on black friday. Mad props for surviving.
LOL! I can''t really say that I knew where the time went
33.gif
Well, quite a bit of it was standing in line at Best Buy to pay for my items and waiting for the gal to find a manager because my 6.99 bon jovi cd rang up at 19.99 and it wasn''t letting her fix it
20.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Was at the stores by 4:30 am, and didn''t come home with the tv dh wanted - did come home with clothes for me and a new comforter though! But I''ve been trying to lay down for a nap all afternoon, and I can''t sleep - just exhausted. It was my first time doing the Black Friday thing, and I frankly, I''m over it now. :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went out this afternoon and it was busy, but I''ve seen busier days, so it wasn''t bad at all. My bff saved over $200 by going out at the butt crack of dawn. We only picked up a couple things that we needed, no presents or bargains. We spent most of our time trying to find each other in stores actually.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after my BF got home from working a 12 hour shift for Black Friday (2am-2pm
20.gif
), and took a 3-hour nap, we ended up doing a bit of shopping.

He picked out a few DVD''s at Wal Mart for $2. Then we went to Lowe''s and they had an awesome combo (drill/jigsaw/sander/flashlight) for $59. Also a nice tool kit with drill bits for $15.

I''m so glad we went because I needed more stuff to get him for Christmas, so I paid for all the stuff he picked out
1.gif

OK, we got up at 3:30, got to target by 4:10 and were about 75th in line. Target had that 32" tv for $246 which we didn''t need but I did see people getting 2, 3 and even 4 of those tv''s!!!

We mostly got dvds, a blanket... an ipod (for my dad- which will be hilarious) we also went to best buy and kohls. We got home about 10 am and I passed out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results