shape
carat
color
clarity

First post - ASET princess thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cgbronco

Rough_Rock
You guys rock... (excuse the pun)

Any opinions on this stone? About to pull the trigger, think it''s a good deal at $5800?

How concerned should I be about the potential light leak in the center (seems unusual given no culet), anything else you guys see of concern? Anything positive to say?

Thanks!

GIA Specs:
1.41 ct
6.18X6.13X4.40mm
IF clarity
I color
Excellent polish
Very Good symmetry
Fluorescence none
Table: 69%
Depth: 71.8%
No culet

Found when searching for "ideal cut..." still not sure how they arrive at that for a princess.

SARIN
Pavilion depth 55.8%
Pavilion angle 61.6% (38.1%-38.8%)
Crown height 12.7%
Crown angle 30.5% (25.4%-35.7%)

ASET33733.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lovely princess! Keep in mind that color can show a tad more in fancies than in rounds, so just make sure that an I would be OK. The great light return helps to mask the color a bit. I have an I color ideal cut princess, and in most lightings I can''t tell it''s not colorless, so it shouldn''t be a problem for most people. Also, if there''s not a cultural/personal reason you''re looking for IF, you can find a cheaper stone of the same or larger size (or higher color) by dropping the clarity substantially - we''re talking eye-clean SI1-SI2.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not as nice as the ACAs, but it seems good for the price.

No worries about leakage in the center.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto the ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results