shape
carat
color
clarity

First dress shopping trip, need opinions! (with pictures!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Well I finally got around to trying on some dresses, after being engaged for almost 6 months! Overall, I would say it went okay. The second store we went to was rather unfriendly and we were ignored (despite having an appointment), which could have been because a trunk show was going on and that saleswoman was trying to get me in her gowns. It was extremely irritating though because no one ever asked our price point, so they were putting me in gowns that were WAY over my budget, and while I guess I could have spoken up, it seems that is something they should ask about. What do I know!?

I liked three different La Sposa gowns at the first shop and would like some input from you ladies as to which you think looks best. We're going for a modern/clean/sleek feel at our wedding and I think the dresses speak to that. While the modern/architectural dresses might not be everyone's cup of tea, hopefully you all can help me decide which looks best.

Now, for the pictures! (Oh, I cropped my face out, not because I wont ever post my face, but because I look horrific and am making awful faces in every picture as I try to explain to my mother how to take a darn picture!)

Dress 1: La Sposa Fanal

ccfanal1.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 1: Picture 2

ccfanal3.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 2: La Sposa Lizana

cclizana1.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 2: Picture 2

cclizana3.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 3: La Sposa Fresa

ccfresa1.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 3: Picture 2

ccfresa2.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Please excuse my mother''s terrible photography skills! Forgot to black out my face in the mirror too, oh well! After seeing these pictures posted, I''m not sure I''m crazy about any of them actually! I think they all make me look rather thick, or accentuate my lack of natural waistline... gahhhh!
8.gif

Any comments appreciated!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I love the Fanal on you!!! (Of course, I may be biased since that''s the dress I bought too
emteeth.gif
).

The second dress is great on you too!

I''m not crazy about the 3rd dress, I think the first two look better on you. But obviously you can''t go wrong!

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I think you look great on dress #1 and #2. However, I like dress #1 on you more. I don''t know why, maybe because of the fabric? Good luck with your choice though!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Dang, with your figure you can wear anything :)

I like #1 the best. I''m not a huge fan of crumbcatchers or the neckline on #3, but that''s just my personal preference

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
#1!!!! So flattering and pretty

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for #1. why? because I think it pulls off the sleek look the best. It really flatters you
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
#1 is my favorite on you!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
#1!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
They all look great, but I think #1 is a winner!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
1 is stunning.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your responses! Wow, #1 seems to be the overall favorite! I had my heart set on this gown without having ever tried it on, so when I finally did, I guess maybe I wasn't as "taken" by it as I had hoped, if that makes sense. Maybe I would feel different if it was actually in my size (rather than clamped), the appropriate length for my short 5'1" frame, and not all bunched up on the ground?

I really did love #2 in person because it had a little more detail and I was doubting whether the Fanal was too plain (as I know many of you other Fanal brides have worried!). Sighhh, so much to think about!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I really like #1 the best. It''s very flattering on your shape!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 also, very simple and flattering.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number one!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for #1. It is the most timeless, classic and elegant of the three, in my opinion. You look amazing in it!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 12:43:09 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Thank you everyone for your responses! Wow, #1 seems to be the overall favorite! I had my heart set on this gown without having ever tried it on, so when I finally did, I guess maybe I wasn''t as ''taken'' by it as I had hoped, if that makes sense. Maybe I would feel different if it was actually in my size (rather than clamped), the appropriate length for my short 5''1'' frame, and not all bunched up on the ground?

I really did love #2 in person because it had a little more detail and I was doubting whether the Fanal was too plain (as I know many of you other Fanal brides have worried!). Sighhh, so much to think about!

Obviously if you like #2 the most in person, your opinion is the most important! That said, I really like #1. I agree with the others that it is the most timeless and flattering of the three.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh.... I absolutely love #3 on you. #1 is my second choice. #2 looks fine, but I think the others are better. Nice job finding great gowns- all of these suit your body type so well! You look lovely!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
For the fanal...if you are torn because you think it is too plain, there are a lot of ways to dress it up--with jewelry, a fancy veil, a belt, a brooch, etc. That said, you should love it withou anything added. I''ve added a belt because I wanted to accentuate my waist, but I''d still rather wear that dress without a belt than any of the other ones that I tried on.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I love the Fanal on you!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
#1!! looks gorgeous on you.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Number one has the cleanest lines of this style of dress, IMO. The others don''t look as ''neat'' or as well done as the first somehow!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love #1 on you, and while I think #2 looks good too, I definitely think #1 is more flattering and pretty on you.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I love #2!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
#1 looks fabulous on you!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results