shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basenjimom

Rough_Rock
HI, Could someone tell me which would be the better choice? I''m looking at 1 ct. diamond studs for my daughter''s 21st birthday. I''m looking at two different options right now. F-G SI or D SI2. Which is more important, the color or clarity? Both are comparable in price. Thanks, Diana

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut is the most important. What are the depth, table, crown and pavilion angles for the stones?

Color and clarity probably unnoticeable when on the ears. Most people will definitely not be able to notice the difference between D and F/G if they are not side by side and seen from the pavilion.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 5:45:00 PM
Author:basenjimom
HI, Could someone tell me which would be the better choice? I''m looking at 1 ct. diamond studs for my daughter''s 21st birthday. I''m looking at two different options right now. F-G SI or D SI2. Which is more important, the color or clarity? Both are comparable in price. Thanks, Diana
Nice present!

Weeeell, you say "F/G SI" which could mean SI1 or SI2 - so essentially your question is simply asking for opinions on color - D vs F/G, which is (IMHO) a very minimal difference once the diamonds are set. That''s just for starters.
But most importantly, that''s just NOT ENOUGH info to give any kind of real answer.
Personally, me LURVES me a good SI stone... and I have several that are totally eyeclean and completely killer.
BUUUT -- not all SI stones are created equal, so you have to be able to SEE the stones or have a reputable vendor eyeball them for you.
And most important is the CUT of the diamond. It''s what will give it beauty and sparkle.
The info you provided doesn''t tell us a thing about that.

basenjimom

Rough_Rock
Thanks. It''s obvious I need to do some more work!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 6:54:56 PM
Author: basenjimom
Thanks. It's obvious I need to do some more work!
Welcome!

Cut quality is still so important for earrings so in order to help you we need the following info on each diamond -

colour, clarity and carat
grading lab type and cut grade if applicable
depth%
table%
crown and pavilion angles
girdle thickness
polish and symmetry grades
diameter in MM
you can post the star and lower girdle facet percentages too if you really want to analyze each for earrings but this info isn't essential unless we have " cliff edge" proportions.

All of the above info will normally be on the lab grading report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results