shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift Ideas for Guys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
For those who start shopping early for the holidays what are your gift ideas for guys? This could include SO, father, brother, etc.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2009 11:22:51 AM
Author:oddoneout
For those who start shopping early for the holidays what are your gift ideas for guys? This could include SO, father, brother, etc.
For those who like cars ( detailing especially) you could look at a premium car wax, polish, polishing machine. For those who enjoy spending time waxing and cleaning their car, a higher end car wax such as Dodo Juice could make a great gift.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Electronics, clothes, perfiums, wallets, and belts is what I usually buy from my dad and brother in law.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
For the beer enthusiast (that has a little bit of a DIY streak) a mini fridge and keg-o-rator conversion kit. This is, hands down, DH''s favorite gift from me. Just make sure you get a fridge that doesn''t have a freezer unit in it! Or else installing the tap system is pretty much impossible through the top.

See kegworks.com for a wide variety of conversion kits (tap handle, various fluid lines, CO2 tank, regulator, coupler, etc.)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am no help because my SO and I buy big things together for both of us for the holidays. Like this year we are buying new TV''s for the house and all new kitchen stuff, pots, pans, bowls, spatulas everything. I can''t wait. It will be so fun.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 5:33:00 PM
Author: Clairitek
For the beer enthusiast (that has a little bit of a DIY streak) a mini fridge and keg-o-rator conversion kit. This is, hands down, DH''s favorite gift from me. Just make sure you get a fridge that doesn''t have a freezer unit in it! Or else installing the tap system is pretty much impossible through the top.

See kegworks.com for a wide variety of conversion kits (tap handle, various fluid lines, CO2 tank, regulator, coupler, etc.)
I''m stealing this idea next Christmas. By then we should be all moved in together, and I just know he would love it. You are a genius!

I''m pretty hopeless with gifts. My brother is turning 18 and is a huge Star Wars geek, so I got him a flask engraved to say, "Drink or drink not. There is no try." It makes me giggle, so hopefully he''ll like it (and before anybody shoots me, 18 is legal where he''s living). But I''m clueless for him and my dad and BF for Christmas. I''ll definitely be watching this thread for ideas.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 11:12:34 AM
Author: princesss
Date: 9/27/2009 5:33:00 PM

Author: Clairitek

I''m stealing this idea next Christmas. By then we should be all moved in together, and I just know he would love it. You are a genius!

I''m pretty hopeless with gifts. My brother is turning 18 and is a huge Star Wars geek, so I got him a flask engraved to say, ''Drink or drink not. There is no try.'' It makes me giggle, so hopefully he''ll like it (and before anybody shoots me, 18 is legal where he''s living). But I''m clueless for him and my dad and BF for Christmas. I''ll definitely be watching this thread for ideas.

I have to say that DH was the envy of his friends when they saw the gift at our house warming party. It certainly makes beer procurement for parties easy! We are lucky enough to have a great liquor store near where I work that can get just about anything in a keg.

This Christmas is going to be so much harder. I already gave him b-pics for our honeymoon/most recent dating anni. That was sort of my big thing. I think we might just end up springing for some new furniture for our bedroom instead of getting big gifts.

I am lucky enough to have a father that is VERY easy to shop for. He loves it when I pick out clothes for him and he is the same size as DH so its easy to remember what will fit him. My FIL and BIL though... totally clueless!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband loves single malt scotch, so whenever I''m in doubt, I get him a really fancy bottle of something single malt and expensive (I just got him a bottle of Talisker for his birthday, and he loved it).

Sometimes I feel like it''s a little boring, but he always just gets other things for himself (clothes, electronics, golf equipment, etc.) and he never asks for anything, but I know that scotch is always something that he will consume and enjoy. I asked him if he was bored that I got him scotch again for his birthday, and he said, "no, do you get bored if I buy you more jewelry?"

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The guys in my family like recieving gift certs to places like Cabela''s , Columbia, sporting goods stores and restuarants that have good food.I am not a huge sports or hunting fan.But a nice watch,cufflinks, sterling keyring or signet ring with my initial would be a good thing.I also like recieving movie tickets and DVD or CD gift cards and of course my favorite candy that i dont have to share with anyone!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last year, I asked my dad''s help with DH''s Christmas gift: a collection of small things (new sunglasses, a massage, something else DH wanted but I don''t remember..) or a Mr. Beer Homebrewery set. My dad said I should go with the small stuff (which I did) and then surprised my DH with the Mr.Beer on Xmas eve. Okay, so I was a little ticked that my dad stole my idea, but it is hands down the best gift that DH has received from anyone in ohhh, the last 5 years. He loves making beer, and while it''s slightly dumbed down as beer-making goes, it''s fun and there is room for some creativity without having to make 5 gallons of a skunky beer.

This year, DH wants a new TV, so...that''s kinda boring.

For Xmas a few years ago, his dad got him an XM receiver (which he LOVES), so this year for the birthday, I got DH the home kit, so he can hook up the XM to our home stereo.

For our anniversary this year, DH got a watch

One year for a birthday, I got him a nice leather valet from
Pottery Barn that has his initials on it. He loves it, and so do I, considering his stuff is nicely contained (men seem to carry so much crud in their pockets).

My list is kinda short...but I''m loving the help from this thread!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
My sister and I each get our DHs the Golf Passport( http://www.golfinpa.com/view.asp?id=14&page=191) here in PA and they love it and I guess now expect it every year. Don''t know if there is somethimng similar in different parts of the US. We also get them certificates for golf stuff as both as avid golfers and eat, sleep, and dream golf.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a lot of TVs on this list. If you are looking for high quality, not super heavy, BIG picture, and less expensive I would very highly suggest: a projector.
Seriously. We have one at home (3rd one we''ve bought) and my mom loved it so much that she bought one.

About $1500 will get you 110" picture size (or bigger if you want), 1080 resolution, super high contrast ratio, etc. There are others out there that are still nice for as little as $1000.
Most places will give you a free retractable screen.

Facts:

You don''t have to black out your windows. It works fine in a regular living room. (my mom even leaves her curtains open)

It can be mounted on a vaulted ceiling. (even a tall vaulted ceiling)

It isn''t hard to hook up.

It takes less space than a regular flat screen tv. (and only weigh about 8 pounds)

WARNING:
The picture is impressive. You will have people lined up to visit for movie night.
DO NOT let the cable installers turn on ESPN. They will never leave. (trust me)

For more information, see Projector Central. They are a great starting point for information, reviews, and a list of places to buy (and their pricing).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results