shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help NEEDED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allen80

Rough_Rock
Hi all ... I need help!!! Ive been looking for the diamond for our engagement ring now for 2 week... But the more information I get the more confused I get... If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appriciate it...

This is what ive been looking for and think that I want

* A 1 carat princess cut

*Color D-F would like colorless

*Clarity would like VS1 or higher

*Cut Excellent???? Help

* looking at spending around 5*** for the stone

Depth and the table are confusing me and im not sure what is what (Good/Bad) Lab I would like a GIA as Ive read some of the others are kinda questionable in there ratings... Again any help anyone has would be great ideas and suggestions needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33.gif

chava007

Rough_Rock
Hi, take this advice with a grain of salt.. as I am brand new here.. but some of the things Ive learned so far are:

- For princess better to go for an AGS certificate, as they do evaluate cut for princess
- I am a simple man... I only see 8bit colors :) you might want to go lower in color to get a better cut for the price. From above is hard to noctice color differences within the near colorless range I+ .... diamond table down diagonally against a white sheet will show you better color differences...
- Depth in the high 60s... Table lower 70''s...
- Try to find places that will show you the ASET for the diamond
- See differences between 2,3,4 chevrons and see what you like best...
- Patience :)

Sal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice selections ladies!!!

Allen80

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks to everyone who has helped...
28.gif
Will be checking those out today .... Anymore ideas or suggestions out there??? thanks again!!!

Allen80

Rough_Rock
OK I checked those out and they do look great, Still thinking about the first one ... Does anyone have any other suggestions other then whiteflash??? As I live in Texas (Dont want to sound cheap) But I would like to avoid paying sales tax.. Would rather put the savings toward the rock

Thanks Again

Allen80

Rough_Rock
Humm... So what is the best way to do that ??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2009 3:03:58 PM
Author: Allen80
You won''t get that info from BN.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yap, BN will not supply any other images, so either you want to take a risk and use the return policy to buy it and check it out personally or with an appraiser or you go by the safe route and stick with a vendor that can provide ASET image.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2009 3:44:05 PM
Author: Stone-cold11

Yap, BN will not supply any other images, so either you want to take a risk and use the return policy to buy it and check it out personally or with an appraiser or you go by the safe route and stick with a vendor that can provide ASET image.
Yes thats all you can do. Really detailed photos as well as ASET are the best way to choose, otherwise it is really buying blind in my opinion without.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results