shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to 2 choices... Ready to buy, but which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ucbsupafly

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have narrowed down to the following two choices but can''t decide on which one. Time is running out and I would like to hear what you experts have to say. Thanks in advance.

Stone #1

Stone #2

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
#1. They're very comparable, even down to price, so if the extra couple of hundred make no difference to you, might as well go with this one purely so you can tell your GF that it's a "D."

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
I agree go with #1, plus Jonathan from GOG is a great guy. Their staff is very courteous & very responsive!!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Not to be a dissenter here,..... But I'd want more info on the feather in #1. Rhino has probably completely evaluated it, and the feather is probably no problem, but it does run awfully close to the edge.
1.gif

ucbsupafly

Rough_Rock
Here's the response I received from Jon:

1) 1.01ct D SI1 H&A - I understand the SI1 rating means eye clean, but in your opinion, how bad is the inclusion and how does it look under normal office lighting?

You're safe. The inclusion in this diamond can easily be mistaken for a facet junction as it is virtually invisible. If the diamond is tilted in certain light it may be possible to catch a faint glimpse of it but you'd have to know what you're looking for.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 6:21:38 PM ucbsupafly wrote:

Here's the response I received from Jon:

1) 1.01ct D SI1 H&A - I understand the SI1 rating means eye clean, but in your opinion, how bad is the inclusion and how does it look under normal office lighting?

You're safe. The inclusion in this diamond can easily be mistaken for a facet junction as it is virtually invisible. If the diamond is tilted in certain light it may be possible to catch a faint glimpse of it but you'd have to know what you're looking for.----------------

Rhino is extremely honest and reputable and his comments were "right on" IMHO, visually speaking. The feather is barely visible in the magnified pics on the website. Mounted in a set in real world viewing, I can well imagine the feather will not be seen at all. My comment had nothing to do with visual appearance.

From looking at the Cert plot and the pics, the feather appears to come very close to the edge. I can't tell if the feather runs to the edge or away from the edge. Rhino could tell you that. Does the feather break the surface of the diamond or the girdle? That's the question I had in mind.

Like I said before, Rhino evaluates every diamond thoroughly and the feather is probably not a problem.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results