shape
carat
color
clarity

share your cake please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i have not really made a final decision on my cake yet. could you please post pictures of your cake? thanks!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine, it was a triple chocolate torte. We only had 45 people at our wedding so it''s small.

HH cake.JPG

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh that''s beautiful HH!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine
21.gif

gaby pastel.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:01:57 AM
Author: cocolaw
oh that''s beautiful HH!

Literally the best cake I''ve ever had in my life.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for delicious cakes!!!! I can''t wait to have the top of ours!

What style are you thinking Cocolaw?

Laniecake.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i was thinking of "raining dots" from a simple cake

but i just don''t know yet! we are doing buttercream and i think our cake person really only does wedding cakes occasionally. so the design needs to be somewhat easy to do!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think the sugar drapes and swags are so beautiful, but i am worried that they would be too complicated!

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Here is ours...the cake is the only detail that I wish I could go back and do over. You can''t really see it from this pic, but the whole thing was crooked - it was totally leaning. I wish we had ordered a cake from a baker (rather than letting the hotel do our cake.) Oh well!

Love the one you are thinking of, btw. Very clean and elegant.

Cake 915092.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
This will be our cake I think. I like the raining dots coco, I''ve never seen that before!

Leanna.jpg

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Here was ours!
Fit us well ! It was for our winter wedding!

n515571677_1835516_5706412452156.jpg

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
cutting the cake!

n515571677_1834968_69525511656.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2009 9:42:35 AM
i was thinking of ''raining dots'' from a simple cake

but i just don''t know yet! we are doing buttercream and i think our cake person really only does wedding cakes occasionally. so the design needs to be somewhat easy to do!

I love this website. They have many cakes. From so simple I''m going to try a couple myself (scaled down of course) to very detailed. List of supplies needed and recipes provided. I think they even sell the supplies if your baker needs them.

http://www.wilton.com/ideas/browse.cfm?cel=Wedding&cat=Cakes

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I have two sort of. The first picture is what we will have if the caterer does the cake. A simple white round fondant with a matching material ribbon and some flowers, whatever our flowers turn out to be. That is like this one:

iris ribbon.jpg

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Now my dream cake and the cake I am pulling for should we a)win the lottery b)I get a HUGE raise or c) I convince my FI to cut the sushi bar from the cocktail hour. It is a Ron Ben Israel. He happens to be all about taste and the look of the cake and he also makes KOSHER!!! cakes which is huge since he is so mainstream and also offers that service. Our color is purple so I would love something like this:

purple ron cakeLOVE.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2009 12:42:01 PM
Author: sba771
Now my dream cake and the cake I am pulling for should we a)win the lottery b)I get a HUGE raise or c) I convince my FI to cut the sushi bar from the cocktail hour. It is a Ron Ben Israel. He happens to be all about taste and the look of the cake and he also makes KOSHER!!! cakes which is huge since he is so mainstream and also offers that service. Our color is purple so I would love something like this:
That is beautiful.

I''d forget the sushi and go for the cake.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:44:00 AM
i think the sugar drapes and swags are so beautiful, but i am worried that they would be too complicated!
when i clicked on the link, i saw the sugar drapes first and my mouth dropped. it actually looks pretty simple, if they just make some fondant and drape it? that is such a unique, and GORGEOUS cake...wow.

ETA: my cake is a creation surprise from my sister, the pastry chef. i'm not sure really what it is going to look like except it is off-center squares, 4 layers, 2 of which will be fake and we will have sheet cakes in the back to serve. it's going to have some flowers cascading down, some ribbon on it, and buttercream frosting. flavors: chocolate w/ oreo filling, and vanilla w/ fresh raspberries. the topper is a shiny "W" for our last name.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:34:17 AM
Author: Lanie
Yay for delicious cakes!!!! I can''t wait to have the top of ours!

What style are you thinking Cocolaw?

Lanie your cake is so classic! I love it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Coco, the "raining drops" is very elegant!

Here is ours... 5 tiers: Flowers are Magnolias

meresalreception72509.29.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
yikes, you can''t see detail... trying again:

The shiny part at the bottom of each tier is actually a transparent ribbon with gold/silver shimmer.

5610_576655765501_44001895_33770784_550447_n.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have decided on one similar to this one, which is from the same website you were on CocoLaw - a simple cake.

My wedding is in winter and the colors are teal and silver, so i thought this was simple, but still holiday-ish.

large_4.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just went back to the simple cake website- the raining dots with their sugar bow on top- freaking gorgeous IMHO. wheeeew.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
What gorgeous cakes. Here is a not so good pic of mine. Sorry about the cropping. Had to crop DH out.
9.gif

ETA And don't get me started on the pictures [or lack thereof] of our wedding!
29.gif

dmmlw wedding cake.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
heres our cake inside it was white cake and fresh strawberries with whipped cream :)

yummy61409.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
and heres the inspiration for our cake, i think our baker did an amazing job

b-w-lace-cake_300.jpg

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man, suddenly I''m super hungry! I knew I shouldn''t have opened this thread!
11.gif
Thanks for the inspiration pics. You all had BEAUTIFUL cakes!...now if only I could just commit to a theme...

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 8:58:05 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Here''s mine, it was a triple chocolate torte. We only had 45 people at our wedding so it''s small.

Okay, so this is probably my dream cake. Oh, my goodness, if only I could convince FI that a TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TORTE would be perfect! *sigh* (Maybe I can think of another excuse to purchase a yummy cake like this?)

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 4:31:00 PM
Author: emilina22
heres our cake inside it was white cake and fresh strawberries with whipped cream :)
OMG that cake is stunning Emilina! Beautiful!!!

Sorry co Colaw- not only do I not have any sort of actual inspiration for our cake I am pretty sure it''s a little too strange for most people''s taste as it is totally theme appropriate. I do know that my cake lady is having a BLAST gearing up to make it - I like that fact
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results