shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy and other jewelry designers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have several small diamonds that I would like to put into a necklace or pendant. I need some help designing it. I can't tell you when I will be going forward with this project, but I would like to have the design in order to price it out.
What we are working with are RB diamonds of different sizes: two 15 pointers, five 20 pointers and two 25 pointers. I had considered a DBTY, but I think I want to go in another direction. I remember seeing a pendant on PS that had a circle bezel and within that bezel was a delilcate floral design. There was a diamond in the center of each flower and some of the stems and the bezel were pave. I can't find it for the life of me. That was one thought. Any suggestions are welcome. A link to the pendant that I've tried to describe would be a great jumping off place. TIA
1.gif

ETA: Are we doing this in the right forum?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t seem to find what you are referencing either. I''m a little confused about what you meant by flowers within the bezel. Was it something like this, but the outer shape was a circle, not a hexagon?

PEN_HF_50328.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll look around and see what I find. Do you mind looking through some websites and picking picks of pendants that have elements you like? Even if it''s just a bail, or something intangible.

Some good sites for browsing: Solomonbrothers, Pearlmans, Google Images, JRake, Ross Simon or anything with bridal jewelry and fake pendants. That way I can get an idea of what things your eye is drawn to.

Overall shape is important. Geometric, symetrical, asymetrical, organic, etc.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 8:54:28 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
I can''t seem to find what you are referencing either. I''m a little confused about what you meant by flowers within the bezel. Was it something like this, but the outer shape was a circle, not a hexagon?

PEN_HF_50328.jpg
Yes, this is the concept I was trying to describe.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 12:15:51 AM
Author: Gypsy
I''ll look around and see what I find. Do you mind looking through some websites and picking picks of pendants that have elements you like? Even if it''s just a bail, or something intangible.

Some good sites for browsing: Solomonbrothers, Pearlmans, Google Images, JRake, Ross Simon or anything with bridal jewelry and fake pendants. That way I can get an idea of what things your eye is drawn to.

Overall shape is important. Geometric, symetrical, asymetrical, organic, etc.
Yes, I''ll start looking...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Disclaimer, amateur designer... but I''m going to have so much fun helping you!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 2:08:39 AM
2.gif
Disclaimer, amateur designer... but I''m going to have so much fun helping you!
I think you have gone beyond amateur with your latest piece
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi marian :)

something which i think would look killer and kinda like a DBTY design, but a little more original and interesting, would be to have a necklace with the diamonds all bezeled, and evenly spaced out as DROPS, say, each one on the end of a tiny bar. the bars/drops would differ in length, say, varying between 1/8 of an inch and 1/3 of an inch. the order of the stones and bars would be random, so it would have a less structured, more organic feel to it, but ostensibly it would be a white gold (platinum? yellow gold?) necklace with little bezeled stones dripping off it as it goes around your neck.

i think this would be rather stunning.

(BTW - i put up some photos for you of my troll bead bracelet in the ''five things i wear'' thread)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 12:33:35 PM
Author: whitby_2773
hi marian :)

something which i think would look killer and kinda like a DBTY design, but a little more original and interesting, would be to have a necklace with the diamonds all bezeled, and evenly spaced out as DROPS, say, each one on the end of a tiny bar. the bars/drops would differ in length, say, varying between 1/8 of an inch and 1/3 of an inch. the order of the stones and bars would be random, so it would have a less structured, more organic feel to it, but ostensibly it would be a white gold (platinum? yellow gold?) necklace with little bezeled stones dripping off it as it goes around your neck.

i think this would be rather stunning.

(BTW - i put up some photos for you of my troll bead bracelet in the ''five things i wear'' thread)
Thanks for the idea. I''m posting another pendant that caught my eye. It''s a screen print, so the details are kind of lost. I must do better at posting pics of jewelry from other sites
33.gif
I''m off to look at your bracelet
1.gif

ETA: I have to resize the screen shot...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rising Sun that''s lovely. A for posting pictures, just link if it''s easier.
1.gif
Can you tell me what you like about each piece.

And as a Disclaimer, Brian designed that pendant, from 15 photos I sent him circling and writing about aspects I liked about the different pics. And then he and I had a conversation and my pendant design was the result. It''s his brain child. But I do love design and do what to do more, so I am happy to try my best to help come up with something for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you think of this? Are there aspects you like... and what don't you like? #1

93894gy.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And how about this? Too structured? Too much detail? Just plain dislike? #2

a500_12.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just posting stuff for ideas #3

5034.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
More ideas/.... #4

product-0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s the Tacori,

If there''s anything I''ve posted that you like part of, just let me know. If you hate something, let me know too.

FP607_multi.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy~please number your pieces, so I can refer back to them and I'll use letters for mine
2.gif

The Tacori: I like the pear shape, the diamonds hanging down the middle and the bale. I like the open look. I guess you could say I llike everything about it! I wish I knew the size of the stones and the length of the piece.

The floral pendant: I like the oval shape and the delicacy of the piece. I don't want to have to add a lot of stones and think this would be a problem with this design, as it is.

Your pieces:

In order of preference:

3. This is a beautiful design. It's delicate, while making a statement. Very much my style.
4. Also a lovely design. It would need more diamonds, as I have nine to work with. Did you have diamonds on the bale? I would like that as part of the design in this piece.
1. Does not float my boat, sorry. I think the cross hatching is the problem. See above for diamonds on the bale. The Tacori design in the pear shape is stuck in my brain!
2. This one is too structured for my taste.

You must have a lot of designs in your head. You came up with these so quickly
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think the point size on the original matters so much. You have your stones. And I would work with them. You have the right proportion of stones to work with the design. So it's a great choice. I love the pear shape. Do you also like the engraving and the other details. Or is it the overall design you like but would like a different (like a contemporary instead of vintage feel?)

(I numbered the ones I posted)

You can alwasy call Tacori for the information on that pendant.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have to walk the dog...be back shortly. I''m going to post the earrings that I will be wearing with the pendant. That may or may not make a difference.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pear shape with something like the design of #3 inside the Pear would be TO DIE FOR. I totally love that #3 -- but I''d unpinch where the chain comes together for myself.
3.gif

Cool project! Great ideas so far ...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 1:41:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
The pear shape with something like the design of #3 inside the Pear would be TO DIE FOR. I totally love that #3 -- but I'd unpinch where the chain comes together for myself.
3.gif

Cool project! Great ideas so far ...
Then I can count on you for a loan for the pendant? Thanks, deco
9.gif
Why you no like da pinch? I like da pinch
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't necessarily think it's 'needed' (and WOW those things were firey) unless it would bother you if it wasn't included KWIM? The tacori necklace you like has almost all bezels around the diamonds. But the earrings (and the pendant) are clusters, no bezel. So you could replace the bail on the tarcori with a cluster, but I like the Tacori bail.

I have an idea going on in my head. But I'm not sure it's in the direction you are going.

Do you like the vintage details of the tacori? Milgrain, engraving? Etc?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I didn't notice the bezels. Now that I'm looking, does it seem like half bezels? I do like the antique details, if you don't think it will look discordant with the earrings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the drops are half bezeled and so is the diamond at the bottom of the pear. The bail is full bezelled.

As for ''discordant''... how matchy matchy do you like things?
1.gif
You''re going to have diamonds left over with that design... so you could do two stud earrings that are the replica of the bail. So it would all be matchy matchy for you.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 2:39:24 PM
All the drops are half bezeled and so is the diamond at the bottom of the pear. The bail is full bezelled.

As for ''discordant''... how matchy matchy do you like things?
1.gif
You''re going to have diamonds left over with that design... so you could do two stud earrings that are the replica of the bail. So it would all be matchy matchy for you.
With the Tacori design, I see at least nine diamonds in the design, with some pave needed under the diamond on the bezel. Do you think my haloed earrings would look strange with this design? I''m going back to look at your design #3. What was the other design you had in mind?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy~at this time of the day, my brain goes into "fibro fog"
14.gif
I may be back on later this evening or sometime tomorrow. See you then
35.gif
Thanks for your help...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other one I had in mind was a combo of a few of the settings here. I''d have to try to sketch it for you and then scan the sketch and post it. Let me doodle.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have meaning to get back to you
35.gif
I tried on several Tacori pendants this past weekend. I really love them and would buy one, if not for my jewelry ban
38.gif
It would cost as much to make a replica, as to buy the piece. They are pretty reasonably priced. I think I''m trying to force a design based upon the number of diamonds I have, rather than allow the design to develop as the centerpiece. What do you think? Would I be better off with a DBTY necklace to layer with my HOF pendant? Thanks, again, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results