shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Fluorescence Thread......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dino79

Rough_Rock
Please excuse if this is a silly question, but I''m considering a F VS2 diamond with med blue fluorescence.

I''ve been looking at pictures of fluorescent e-rings in the show me the ring forum and I noticed that in sunlight, a lot of them sparkle in blue (duh?).
I was wondering if in sunlight, do they also sparkle white or is it usually blue only?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 3:49:46 AM
Author:dino79

Please excuse if this is a silly question, but I'm considering a F VS2 diamond with med blue fluorescence.

I've been looking at pictures of fluorescent e-rings in the show me the ring forum and I noticed that in sunlight, a lot of them sparkle in blue (duh?).
I was wondering if in sunlight, do they also sparkle white or is it usually blue only?
Sometimes that is the reflection of the sky in the photos of the diamonds. It is possible that diamonds of medium and above blue fluorescence will show blue in some sunlight, this looks like a lavender/ violet glow. Also you can see white sparkles in sunlight and fire or coloured light depending on the sunlight conditions. In direct sun well cut diamonds can go dark and not look their best, in less intense sunlight you can see the beauty really come alive with fire, brilliance and scintillation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results