shape
carat
color
clarity

need your thoughts... on an HCA 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickenthan

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Just want to get your thoughts. I''m looking at an F, VS2 diamond. I ran the score through the HCA, and it came up with a 2.4. The thing is, I can''t get any pictures or any additional images (idealscope, ASET) without it costing me some money. Here are the specs below, from the GIA cert, I don''t see any clouds, or feathers. The vendor assures me that is The stone is ideal cut, hearts and arrows, and that even with a loupe, it would be hard to find the imperfections. I just wanted to get your guys'' thoughts, and see if this is worth pursuing any further... I know that there''s not a whole lot for you guys to go off of...

Table: 57
Depth: 62.4
Crown: 35
Pavilion: 41
Girdle: Med

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
A 35/41 angle combo is borderline steep/deep, esp. with the 62.4 depth. It could be an excellent stone if very tightly cut, but it is more likely that it will leak light and not be as bright as it should. The only way to tell is with IS/ASET images, which you aren't able to get.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto above. Have you seen the Hearts image if the vendor claims it is a H&A stone?

Why not just buy an ASET scope and see it for yourself? It is not that expensive?

chickenthan

Rough_Rock
Huh, I guess I never knew that these things were accessible to me. I always assumed there was some fancy shmancy equipment. Well, the stone is not in the vendor''s possession, and will have to be shipped. And I''m not sure if I''d have to pay for the stone up front to get it shipped out here. I''ll see if he has the H&A image.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock

chickenthan

Rough_Rock
guys, thank you for all your advice. i''ve gone ahead and decided to make the purchase. i''ve been assured that if the diamond is not as good as described, i''ll be offered the full refund. the vendor is very reputable, and my gut instinct is that his word is trustworthy.

i''ll keep you guys updated on the process, and hopefully, after having a wonderful experience, will share my thoughts on both the vendor and the prices, and pictures of the ring of course!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let us know your thoughts once you get it. Good luck.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I own a borderline F VS2 that scores about 2.4 on the HCA, and it is gorgeous. Check it out in various lighting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its possible it could be fine as GIA round the numbers, if rounded towards the shallower end then it could be a good looking rock.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results