shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your husband wear a wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
If engaged, is your FI planning on wearing one?

Is it a problem for you if he doesn''t wear one, or isn''t planning on it in the future?

I ask because last weekend we were at a gathering, and one couple recently got engaged. A conversation about wedding bands ensued, and the DH to be said that he didn''t want to wear one. His FI got a bit upset over it. So, I was wondering if this sort of thing is common.

As for my DH, he hasn''t taken off his band since the wedding. I know I would have a problem if he didn''t want to wear it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i always wore my ring til it was lost in a robbery.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears his normally. If we go out, when he goes to work...but if he''s working on the house, or motorcycle, or car then he usually takes it off.

Now, my dad has never worn a wedding band. Ever. He''s a doctor, and his job would require him to take the band off all the time when he was scubbing in or whatever...and, he''s pretty forgetful. He would have lost it for sure over the course of his professional career for sure.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby wears his 24/7 unless he''s doing yard work or something where the ring could get caught. I don''t know that I would be angry if he chose not to wear one but I really love seeing it on his hand and knowing that it''s an outward sign that he''s taken and he belongs to me
1.gif
So, I''m glad he does wear his.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
JD wears his all the time. When we first got married he''d take it off at night etc, and forget to put it on later. I used to give him a hard time-"So, you don''t want to be married to me today or what?" I don''t know that he''s taken it off in the last 6 years, other than when he''s had 2 surgeries. It''s a little worse for wear.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my husband has never taken his off since I put it on his finger almost 11 years ago.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DH wears his any time he leaves the house, but the minute he gets home, he takes off his watch and wedding band. He feels uncomfortable with them on when he''s just relaxing, and I take off my e-ring myself. He has a SERIOUS tan line that shows up super white on his naturally dark skin though, so even if it isn''t ON, he''s still WEARING it haha!
11.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
DH wears his sometimes - and forgets it sometimes too. I like it when he wears it, but at the same time, I don''t mind that much when he doesn''t wear it, either. Where I''m from (Caribbean), it''s common for many husbands not to wear their rings - just a cultural thing, I guess.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Lol, I just looked at my husband's hand and he's not wearing his at the moment. He wears it when he remembers, which is maybe a fourth of the time. He plays basketball a lot (every night just about) and if he doesn't take his ring off it goes flying. So, it mostly sits in the center console of his car, where he sets it before going into the gym.

I don't care one way or the other; we know we're married! Occasionally I tease him "oh, so you're married today? gonna cramp your style?" Frankly I think he gets hit on more *with* the ring on!

And, for what it's worth, he calls me his "girlfriend" most of the time, which has been known to wildly confuse people- as in, if he's introducing me to someone it's a good chance I'll be "and this is my girlfriend LittleGreyKitten". He thinks "wife" sounds unsexy and boring.
20.gif
We've been married, what, 8 years? Long enough for him to remember we're married anyway! It's a quirk, and I think it's cute, luckily for him. Especially since I know it's not like he's doing it to pick up chicks, it's just one of his slightly odd ways of flirting with me.
11.gif
(His dad thinks he's nuts sometimes, when he's heard DH introduce me as his girlfriend, though!)

ETA: My dad never, ever wore a wedding ring. He was a machinist, so he couldn't, and then he just was out of the habit. My mom didn't wear hers for slightly different reasons. (Their rings being butt ugly didn't help- they were these ginormous lumpy '70s monstrosities, that looked like they were bloated and then bizzarely pockmarked.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH said he wouldn''t or didn''t want to wear a WB when we were engaged. Funny how he hasn''t taken it off in almost three years
3.gif

My dad doesn''t wear his but he doesn''t even wear a watch. He hates all jewelry and wears gloves for work. I think that would be okay. I just don''t like the guys who wear SOME jewelry but then not their WBs. KWIM?

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wears his 24/7.

Littlegrey, my husband will sometimes introduce me as his wife and his girlfriend.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My fiancee is an electrical engineer and wearing a wedding ring wouldn''t be practical for some of the things he does. Plus, he has to do a hand geometry thing every day to get through security. He probably won''t wear his on a daily basis, and I really don''t care. If we''re going out on the weekends though, I might ask him to put it on because I think I would like seeing it there.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 8:26:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i always wore my ring til it was lost in a robbery.

DF, that''s so sad
7.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
My DH wears his religiously (no pun intended
3.gif
). He only takes it off to do heavy or dirty work where it might get damaged, and to shower. He even wears it to sleep! I think its really sweet - he says he loves that it shows his commitment, and that it makes him think of me when he''s at work during the day
30.gif
1.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH doesn''t wear his when he''s working- it would truly be a hazard. He wears it when we go out, though he does forget from time to time. Recently he left it at home while we were away on vacation for a week. Honestly, I could care less if he wears it or not. He has "taken" written all over him.
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine does. It wouldn't hurt me if he didn't want to wear one, but I'm glad that he does. He only takes it off for weight lifting. He really loves his ring, which makes me feel a bit better about pushing him to look at rings on so many occasions!

My father never wore one in my memory. He had one, but it wore through only 5 or so years after their marriage. He didn't want to replace it because he found that water got stuck underneath every time he scrubbed in (he's a doctor) and his skin got that bandaid bubble.

My FIL wears his, I think he mentioned that he's never taken it off since their wedding day more than 30 years ago.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Mine does, but takes it off for heavy work, softball, baseball, etc.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH wears one...he has worn it everyday for the past 12 years. I don''t think that I would like it if he did not wear one. He has told me in the past that he doesn''t care if I wear my wedding ring, anniversary ring or his mothers ring...as long as I wear something!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
DH only takes his off when he''s working out.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to wear mine and I expect FI to wear his. However, my dad never wore a wedding band (he's a doctor) and so my mom decided not to wear hers, either.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The husband wears his when her remembers. He works from home so many days he doesn't leave the house, and never puts on his ring. He's pretty good about wearing it when we travel, or go out on a date, and he never forgets it when he travels alone. I don't care if he wears it or not. On days when we go out and he forgets it I usually say "You decided not to be married today, huh?" or "Am I your married mistress?"

anyname

Shiny_Rock
my husband wears his. Though it took him a little while to get used to it. He forgot it one morning and when he came home he said it felt so weird without his ring. I thought it was really sweet that he missed his ring until he continued with "because i always spin and play with it"...
20.gif
still cute though.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Mine does and never takes it off. It''s titanium, and once he dropped something really heavy and his hand (I think he was moving a desk or something) and the ring kept his hand from being crushed
9.gif

He wears his more than I wear mine ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine wears his anytime he leaves the house. It looks pretty beat up now though since it's a 22kt gold ring but he loves it. Let's just say it isn't quite a round ring anymore.
9.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
DH wears his ring all the time. He picked out a 10mm titanium ring that makes him look REALLY MARRIED and it makes me smile as I didn''t think he''d want such a significant ring
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine forgets it half the time...doesn''t really bother me...but I do like when he wears it...

He doesn''t really like the ring (I like it a lot, I think it looks great on him)...he feels like he picked it out really quick compared to the grueling process we went through with mine...so I think he feels a little bit cheated. We''ll have to go and change it for him soon. I do want him to like his ring.

E B

Ideal_Rock
He wears it 24/7. Sometimes he''ll take it off to play with it, but it''s always on otherwise.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
No, mine never wears his. he hates wearing jewelry - only wears a watch. he also has a job that would require him to take it off all the time. Doesn''t bother me.
Sometimes he has patients who want to set him up with their daughter b/c they think he is single
9.gif
Then he talks about wearing it, but he really just doesn''t like to wear jewelry, so it sits in his "man box".

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My FI is definitely planning on wearing his ring all the time. He has a desk job, so no problem there. He thinks it''ll just take a little while to get accustomed to it since he doesn''t wear much jewelry. I would be sad and a little hurt if he didn''t wear one.

My dad always wears his wedding ring. He never takes it off unless he''s waterskiing (that''s how he lost his original one, I believe, shortly after my parents were married).

Neither of my future in-laws wears a ring at all. I''m not sure they had wedding rings to begin with, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results