shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep or Return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
This is my first purchase from Pearl Paradise and I have to give them credit, the product that you see in their pics, it''s very true to life. Very impressed and will most definitely order from them again.

But, and this is my fault- I''m not positive I''m loving the shape. I knew when i ordered them that we were going to be baroque. I already have a tahitian pendant and earrings that are round and I realize I very much prefer that shape. But the color which is a medium green and the luster is just so gorgeous that I just don''t know what to do
7.gif

I took a few pics in different lighting environments and they came out showing the colors pretty well. (ignore the dirty pendant as I was too lazy to take it off).

So do I keep ''em or return ''em?

tahitgreen2.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
pic2

tahitgreen3.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
pic 3

tahitiangreen.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
When I posted asking whether I should keep my bezel studs or not, it was pointed out to me that if I had to ask, I didn't love them enough to keep them. And I agree.

If you didn't love them at first sight, you probably never will. So I say send them back and get the rounds, if you think that's what you'd prefer.

ETA: OMG I want your pendant.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
You have a point Gecko. But I keep looking at them and so love the color.. ugh. Tough decision.
that pendnat needs to be cleaned badly lol.. thanks though
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! But you''re the one who has to love it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks glitterata.
One thing I have noticed is that rounds generally don''t have this much color. One of the things that keeps drawing me to baroques is how noticable the ovetones are. the peacocks on this strand are amazing. Haven''t seen this much of it on rounds.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks great on you but as already stated you have to LOVE it or you just won''t wear it. I of course have my own dilemma going on right now with the 3 baroques I ordered...
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great, but you should really love it if you''re going to keep it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I know, I saw your thread. I think you were deciding between 2 and 3 right? Good luck!
9.gif

I saw a strand they had a few weeks before ordering this one that would have been perfect for me. Very green but rounder. It was gone once I decided to pull the trigger. Lesson learned, if you love something, don''t wait!

Good thing is they give you 90 days to return. Doubt it will take that long to decide but it''s good to know I have the time.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Since many people order more than one strand (umm yes that would be indecisive me) they will probably get some of the ones you saw originally back....but who knows how long that would take. So far my husband is liking the symmetry of my strand 3....I like the symmetry of that one too but it is definitely not as colorful and I don''t think it has as much luster...so now I''m torn
32.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 4:45:14 PM
Author: plethora23
Since many people order more than one strand (umm yes that would be indecisive me) they will probably get some of the ones you saw originally back....but who knows how long that would take. So far my husband is liking the symmetry of my strand 3....I like the symmetry of that one too but it is definitely not as colorful and I don''t think it has as much luster...so now I''m torn
32.gif
You''re right i guess they do. I''ll keep looking out for that strand. who knows, maybe they''ll be returned..

That is the problem isn''t it, uniformity vs color/luster. I was looking at their round strands and none of the same colored ones made me go "wow."

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you can find some "off round" pearls that would have a more colorful look than the average rounds. Have you considered freshwaters too or do they have to be tahitians?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 5:07:53 PM
Author: innerkitten
Maybe you can find some ''off round'' pearls that would have a more colorful look than the average rounds. Have you considered freshwaters too or do they have to be tahitians?
The reason I''d like to stick to Tahitians is because I''d like to keep the green body color with the various overtones. Don''t think I''d find that with freshwaters..
Off round would be a good a choice. Just haven''t seen anything that catches my eye.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think that you should return them. There is obviously a part of you that is not in love, though it may be a certainly lovely piece. That is not a problem, or your fault.

What I think, is that if it were me, there would always be a little bit of me that wished I had a round strand instead, but that it would take me forever to justify actually buying another strand of Tahitians because I already have one. And so to compensate for not having my ideal strand, I would spend a ton of time looking at them online instead. Just my opinion.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I love the colour, but I''m not sure how I feel about the shape either. Personally I like my pearls round and dainty.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
have you seen Cortez pearls yet? They come in amazing colors but full strands are rarely available right now. http://www.cortezpearls.com/home/

This ebay seller has some interesting tahitians

http://cgi.ebay.com/STUNNING-22K-SOUTH-SEA-TAHITIAN-KAMOKA-PEARL-BRACELET_W0QQitemZ120414910394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fine_Bracelets?hash=item1c0949b7ba&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

Maybe PP can put together something with smoother drop shaped pearls for you.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve learned (the hard way) that, especially with high-ticket items, if there''s a question in your mind as to whether to keep or return... return. Return, return, return - every time. If you don''t love it enough to not question it now, you won''t later.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
szh07- Even if I was in love with this pair, I''d still end up getting another only because of all the gorgeous colors Tahitians come in. So whether I keep them or not, there''s still going to be another strand
9.gif

White Orchid- I like them round too. Just not dainty. Love the ones over 9mm most. Smaller doesn''t look as good with what I wear. BTW, beautiful pendant in your other thread. Love the color.

InnerKitten- Those Cortez.. OMG, stunning. THOSE ARE EXACTLY what I would love to have eventually. Just not sure I''m ready to spend that kind of money on a strand that wouldn''t be a staple piece. I bookmarked the links. Thank you very much.

Musey- I''ve learned that lesson too (my first e-ring ugh) I guess it just comes down to if I''m willing to sacrifice shape for the color.

So my husband loves the color and thinks I should keep them. I decided to wear them this weekend and then make a decision.

Thanks for all your responses. The "if you don''t love them return them keeps ringing in my head".. Wonder if i''ll love them by monday..

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 12:33:33 PM
Author: elle_chris

White Orchid- I like them round too. Just not dainty. Love the ones over 9mm most. Smaller doesn''t look as good with what I wear. BTW, beautiful pendant in your other thread. Love the color.

Thank you!

That green is so vibrant, I really like it! I think your necklace is starting to grow on me. Let us know what you decide!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Let us know. I think your pearls are very pretty.

Yeah I love the Cortez pearls too. That Ebay seller ( Druzy Design) is one of their few vendors actually. She has had entire Cortez pearl necklaces a few times. She also sometimes sells them loose. I''ve heard they actually glow red under black light. As far as I know they are the only pearls that do.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
-BUMP-

Did you decide yet?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Plethora-

Well, I decided not to keep them but I''m not returning them either
9.gif

My sister in law is due in November and I think they''ll make a nice gift.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Ohh nice. What a great gift! I''m sure she will love them. The color is just spectacular and I''m sure something will come along that is just right for you
9.gif

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Love the pendant!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi elle, I know I''m waaaay late to this thread and you''ve already decided to gift the pearls, but I thought I''d mention that if you love the color, perhaps try a tin cup neclace. That way, you''ll still get the gorgeous color, but you won''t have a whole line of them around your neck. I''m sure PP could do that for you, if they don''t have something up like that already. I, too, love the color, but I''d have a hard time wearing a strand of those as well. Just an idea....

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LaurenFischer

Cellentani- I was on vacation these last few weeks and found a store that carried tahitian pearls. They had one strand that was just stunning. I tried it on but realized that it looked too formal on me. The baroque strand is just much more casual. Anyhow, i''m back to square one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results