shape
carat
color
clarity

Is having kids addictive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Random, but I always hear moms talking about missing having a baby, missing being pregnant, etc. Is it addictive or something? Is it the hormones? Just curious!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Not in my case
14.gif

Of course throwing up aproximately 1300 times over the course of 9 months will tend to put a damper on that urge
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
My brother says that once you have a baby, you always want one. Meaning you miss the baby when they''ve grown past the baby stage, so you want another one.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can imagine missing the baby stage. I miss it already. But not enough to put up with two toddlers, kids, pre teens, teenagers, money sucking college kids, mooching young adults...you get the picture.

In all seriousness though, I think I''d miss having little ones around the house enough to think I may want another one, but the thought be being pregnant again makes me physically ill, and mine pregnancy was easy.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
No, its not addictive. I do have a lot of kids, but I hated being pregnant! Hated it. I love my kids but when I see pregnant women now I think, better her than me and I''m sooooo glad I''m done having babies!!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 12:34:06 AM
Author: LAJennifer
My brother says that once you have a baby, you always want one. Meaning you miss the baby when they''ve grown past the baby stage, so you want another one.
Not in my case. Not even close.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 1:01:44 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I can imagine missing the baby stage. I miss it already. But not enough to put up with two toddlers, kids, pre teens, teenagers, money sucking college kids, mooching young adults...you get the picture.

In all seriousness though, I think I''d miss having little ones around the house enough to think I may want another one, but the thought be being pregnant again makes me physically ill, and mine pregnancy was easy.
been there,done that.
9.gif
we are at the "mooching young adults" stage now.
20.gif

the diamonds i could of bought with those money.
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think the more you hang around babies, the more you like them...an acquired taste, like oysters!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 11:51:12 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Not in my case
14.gif

Of course throwing up aproximately 1300 times over the course of 9 months will tend to put a damper on that urge
2.gif
I have read alot of studies that show the more morning sickness you have throughout your pregnancy, the smarter your child will be. A total of 10 points higher, if I recall correctly. There is always a reason in nature to suffer.
20.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 7:44:45 AM
Author: EyeElle

Not in my case
14.gif

2.gif
I have read alot of studies that show the more morning sickness you have throughout your pregnancy, the smarter your child will be. A total of 10 points higher, if I recall correctly. There is always a reason in nature to suffer.
20.gif
In that case, I''m expecting the next Einstein!

I NEVER want to be pregnant ever again in my life I have loathed it so much...and I haven''t been through labour yet.

Babies? I don''t know - I''m waiting for DH to come and get me to take me to the hospital since our ONLY child appears to have decided to turn up today.
23.gif

Ask me in 4 weeks time
28.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don’t know about the having kids part yet. But I can tell you that I have had a wonderful pregnancy. No morning sickness (which apparently means my baby won’t be as bright
3.gif
), no food aversions (except mashed potatoes
14.gif
), and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve been in physical pain. The only thing I’ve gone through is being emotional and dealing with the extra weight on my legs. And in return I get lots of movement and kicking
face23.gif
. I already feel like I miss her and the private moments we have shared together. Once she’s out, I have to share her with everyone else. I''ll miss it just being the two of us.

But I have a feeling once she''s out, I won''t mind the sharing too much
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pregnancy-no way is that addictive for me. But babies-now those are pretty great. Nothing is better than being greeted by a huge toothless grin from a baby when you get up in the morning or when you come home.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son is 3 months old and I definitely feel a stronger urge to have more kids *now* than I did before I had him. I just adore him so much that I can't imagine not wanting to fill the house with babies and kids like him. But he is a very easy baby, and pregnancy and labour were fine -- not my favourite experience I've ever had, but certainly interesting!

DH and I have always talked about 2 or 3 kids. We said, "Let's see how it goes with the first two before we decide on number 3!" I think if we could put in a request for 2 more babies like Hunter then we would have three for sure. But I don't know if that will happen, we want 3 years between kids for a variety of reasons and that would make me 37 when I have number 3.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I had baby fever soon after having my daughter but it went away pretty quick. I think it was because I sort of felt cheated during my pregnancy. Now forget it I have zero interest in having another.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lara--ha! Oysters. You may be onto something there...need to build up a tolerance (not for the kid, but for the ''experiences'' that are part of the pakage) I think the joy and love you feel for a child is what gets mom''s thru the icky stuff. And once you have one, you know from experience that the hardest parts will end, to be replaced by something else challenging but again, fleeting. Went something like this for me ;-)

Hated being pregnant
strongly disliked the first weeks of motherhood
started to warm up to the idea
actually enjoyed it
could even use the word ''love'' now
got itch for baby #2
(repeat)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 9:56:10 AM
Author: fieryred33143
I don’t know about the having kids part yet. But I can tell you that I have had a wonderful pregnancy.
2.gif
face23.gif

Tril: I have no idea because I don''t have kids. I was just interested in hearing what the mommies, and almost mommies, think.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had the most uneventful pregnancy ever (I guess Kyle will be less intellegent also), and to make up for it had a horrible devilery, and and extra week in the hospital with blood poisoning. None of that was enough to turn me off having another if we decide we want a 2nd, but I just don''t want a 2nd.

My 3 month old is adorable, easy, not fussy, and sleeps all night, so I can see where it would be addictive at this stage. But 2 at a time isn''t appealing to me, and before I know it he''ll be teething, and then asking to borrow the car!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always been a baby and kid person and always knew I wanted lots of kids and always thought I''d have them three years apart. Since my daughter was probably 9 months old I''ve been ready to try for number two....just couldn''t get DH on board!
3.gif
Not sure if it''s an addiction, but I am so ready to have another little one in the house!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH just mentioned this the other day. He said he loved DD SO much he could see where people have a ton of kids. Of course he quickly reminded me that he can *understand* but doesn''t *want* to have more than a few.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
For me it was more like:

Highschool/college........Kids? He!! no!

Met the right guy.....kids? Maybe?

Married a year.....kids? I dunno.....

Married 2 years.....MUST.HAVE.BABY.NOW!

I really didn''t think I''d have children, but when the bug bit, it bit hard
6.gif

I had a fairly easy pregnancy - I developed borderline gestational diabetes - and once I got over the morning sickness I actually enjoyed it
23.gif
My delivery got a bit complicated, but my son was/is a dream so I can''t really complain there. I think most moms have a difficult time those first few weeks with the hormones and all but, in time, that subsides and you begin to feel "normal" again.

After our son was born, DH and I agreed that we''d have one more child. Since we only plan on having 2 we don''t want them to be too far apart in age so we''re going to start trying for another in a few months - a bit after our son has his first birthday.

Even though my son is 10 months old, I already miss those newborn days. The precious first cries, the angelic face newborns have when they''re sleeping, and, of course, that smell. Melts my heart.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I kind of fit into this category! I loved being pregnant and love the newborn stage. I always wanted 2 children and I ended up having them back to back, they are 17 months apart. While it was hard in the beginning, they are now starting to really get along and the baby is growing up so quickly and my heart is a little sad!! I know that we won''t be having any more children because it''s just not financially feasible, nor was it ever in our "plan" to have more than two, not to mention we''re not getting any younger. But I can easily see how people go on to have many children.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two kiddos, and I thought we would be done, but I know in the next few years, I will be having another if not two more. even going through labor, then a er c-section and another c-section and all the morning sickness, and landing in the hospital prematurely a couple of times... you''d think I should be done,,, so maybe it is.. ehh.. but I''m sure once we are commtted to be done with having kids, I''m sure it will set in.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I missed being pregnant, the whole process.
Some people had horrible pregnancies so they wouldn''t miss it as much as I do.

Some miss the toddler stage and the challenges that it presents.
I don''t think I''ll miss that part
26.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if addicting is the right word, but I do miss being pregnant and had been since I gave birth. Probably have to do with the fact that my pregnancy was so easy. No morning sickness whatsoever, so I guess M will not 10 points higher in IQ. =P. The other thing is that I''ve always wanted at least 2 kids. M is 9.5 months right now, and we are ready to try for #2. I wonder if I''ll feel the same way after having another kid, or if I''ll feel like I am done. We''ll just have to wait and see.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 7:44:45 AM
Author: EyeElle

Not in my case
14.gif

2.gif

20.gif

Ha! That''s super-awesome, EyeElle. I''ll have to save a link to one of those news stories for the next time my mother complains about how much more difficult her pregnancy was with me than it had been with my brother!
9.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
It''s been over 16 years since I was pregnant and I had one of the easiest pregnancies my friends can attest to. No morning sickness, no stretch marks. low blood pressure throughout the pregnancy, gained around 20 lbs (she was 7 lbs 10 oz at birth). Feet never swelled and a few people didn''t know I was pregnant until I hit my 7th or 8th month. One didn''t even know until I told him I was having a Csection (breech baby) in 2 days until I stood up (sitting down I did not look pregnant). I ate everything except I developed a great distaste for junk food, like candy, soda, chips etc. I craved juice and soup and fresh fruit!

I have never missed being pregnant. I have great memories though and will never forget everytime my daughter had hiccups in my womb, it was the funniest thing to see something bouncing around my belly (like whack a mole).

The toddler years were fun and again I have great memories but couldn''t see myself running after a toddler in my 40s.

Now I have the teen years to deal with and I am sure when they are gone, I won''t miss those years either. I look forward to a long a peaceful retirement someday where I can give the grandkids back to their parents after a long day of spoiling them!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Having a baby was NOT addictive to me.

My son is 18 and I love him more than anything but I am so glad to be doing my own thing now!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
really???? man, poopey diapers...
emotion-41.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t say it''s addictive but at times I do miss being pregnant and the newborn stage.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 3:31:40 PM
Author: tlh

really???? man, poopey diapers...
emotion-41.gif
Kind of funny, but poopy diapers were the least of my concerns. Even the big ones don''t faze me. But sleep deprivation! That is the #1 reason why I can''t fathom having another. It was only 3 months, but every day felt like hell, especially the first 5 weeks. I was always teetering on the edge, staring down into cuckooland.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results