shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to help stop smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please, go sign this petition. It''s for electronic cigarettes, which those of you who''ve been reading my posts about quitting smoking will know as my Favoritist Little Devices Ever, my pacifiers, my drugs du jour. They''re the doohickey''s that helped me to go from smoking a full pack a day, every day, for pretty much 7 years straight to not smoking at all for going on 10 months now. I think they''re lifesavers, and I''d really appreciate the FDA not preemptively taking them off the market. So if you have a few minutes on your hands and are wondering what to do with yourselves ....

... do a happy ex-smoker a solid? I''m far enough removed from cigarettes that if they discontinued them now, I think I''d just quit. But the three last cabdrivers I''ve had, who''ve been incredibly psyched about the prospect of a substitute that works? And the nice dude who works in my office who''s been using them on-again, off-again to wean himself off of smoking slowly? And the woman who sat next to me on my last plane trip, who had seen them in stores, but hadn''t believed that there was really something out there that might be able to help her quit for good? Yeah. I think they''d appreciate it quite a bit ....

And besides, it will keep me from laughing myself stupid that cigarettes are legal, and these harmless little things might not be.

Please feel free to repost at your leisure!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bumping to get a little more time in the sun ....
12.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw these at the mall the other day!! I was so confused, couldn''t imagine what they could be used for besides stage props... but it all makes sense now
1.gif

Circe, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking!!!!!!
36.gif
That is huge. Petition signed!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh glad you are making healthy strides in quitting smoking!!!! You can do it; we are here to cheer you on!!!
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Circe - way to go on quitting!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m a fan of anything that helps people quit
9.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on quitting, that is great!
One of my friends has one of these... they are really pretty neat. I am all for anything that is a safe way to quit smoking.
Petition signed
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been looking into these.
A friend of mine just moved down to the no nicotine flavored cartridges for the occasions when he gets a craving.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2009 11:33:02 AM
Author: musey
I saw these at the mall the other day!! I was so confused, couldn''t imagine what they could be used for besides stage props... but it all makes sense now
1.gif

Circe, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking!!!!!!
36.gif
That is huge. Petition signed!

Thanks for signing, Musey, and thanks for the congratulations!

P.S. - You''re right, they look absolutely ridiculous.
41.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2009 11:35:39 AM
Author: Skippy123
Oh glad you are making healthy strides in quitting smoking!!!! You can do it; we are here to cheer you on!!!
35.gif

Thanks, Skippy! I''m so glad I did it. And PS really helped - the quitting smoking threads are fantastic!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2009 12:01:06 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Circe - way to go on quitting!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m a fan of anything that helps people quit
9.gif

Thanks, AmberGretchen! Me, too. I have to admit, the FDA''s decision here really has me scratching my head ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2009 1:12:52 PM
Author: poshpepper
Congrats on quitting, that is great!

One of my friends has one of these... they are really pretty neat. I am all for anything that is a safe way to quit smoking.

Petition signed
1.gif

PoshPepper, thank you! Also, cool that your friend has one - I haven''t met anybody else who''s quit this way IRL.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2009 3:21:49 PM
Author: strmrdr
I have been looking into these.

A friend of mine just moved down to the no nicotine flavored cartridges for the occasions when he gets a craving.

Good for your friend! I really recommend them highly, and if you try them, I hope they work as well for you as they did for me ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results