shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a diamond was a GREAT experience!!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Never thought I'd say this -

Still in a little shock and awe right now.

I think we purchased a diamond !
3.gif

First - thanks to all of you in this forum who reply to us newbies as we ask the same dumb questions over and over. For those of you who research INSANELY when making a purchase - it's nice to know that I am not alone! I am appreciative of your experience and hope I can lend some when the time comes.

Ok - here's the shocker!!! Buying a diamond was a GREAT experience!!

Never ever did I expect this. I expected mediocre service, haggling, bad customer service and having to fight tooth and nail to get something that I did want to pay for.

(sorry - trying to get new cell phone from AT&T right now may be clouding my perspective)

You guys here are the best. The information on this site is invaluable. The vendors that post information on their respective sites also contribute greatly to making me feel that I had enough information to a) understand what I was buying, b) know all the caveats and possible trade "tricks" and c) be smart enough to walk out if I needed to.

After seeing the stones in person - it just reinforced the information that they gave to us either via the website or e-mail. I would feel TOTALLY comfortable purchasing from them site unseen - based on that information alone - PLUS their great policies as far as appraisals, etc. Me... yes... I did want to "SEE" them in person. But they were exactly as described. To the "T".

Ok, sorry about gushing about great customer service. You don't get much these days.

Soooo - hopefully in the next day or so we'll be getting a:

Round
F Color (W.O.W. I was going for an 'I' but soon to be the best fiance in the world said... hey- that one just looks better
love.gif
)
SI2 - Thank you MARA, Canadiangrrl, aljdewey and the others that said SI2's are just fine!! They are!

Rates a ex/ex/ex/vg and total score of 1 on the Pricescope's HCA.

And it looks beauuutiful!

Now, all I have to do is to get Johnathan to *hint* that it would be a greeeat xmas gift when fiance pics it up
9.gif
! Did I mention that might be ready tomorrow?! (sorry... customer service thing again).

Otherwise I will just have to wait impaitently.... IS THERE ANOTHER DISCUSSION BOARD FOR THAT?
tongue.gif

I'll see if I can sneak it out for a few pics or two
9.gif
AGAIN a big HUGE thanks to all of you!!!!!!!!
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh Laney Congratulations on such a great experience..I am glad yopu found the forum helpful and hooked up with a great vendor..Merry Christmas...
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great story, Laney! WoooHooo! 1.5 carat, F!
16.gif

Oh, Jonathan..... We need pics! Eye Candy, Jonathan! Email Laney some Eye Candy to post!
love.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I have some... but It's not the final product.... I guess I could post the "more technical" photos.. but I dont' have eye candy yet!!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I'll take pics and tech pics of the ROCK, Laney! HeeHee!
love.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, alrighty getting them ready right now... Yes, Miss Proxy will approve, but she may not wear it. She'll need her own!
2.gif

I wanted something very simple - just a "tiffany" (I guess that's what it's called) slim band and we decided on a 4 prong setting. It will be platinum. I've always liked simple and classic.. oh yea, and I guess the stone will look bigger!
9.gif

Ok.. give me just a sec w/the pics...

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok let's see how this came out...

techimages.jpg

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks amazing.
1.gif
I hope you're exceptionally happy with the ring when it's finished.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eewwww! Laney! Those are gorgeous pics!
love.gif

SI2??? Someone musta had a tough grading day on the bench! IS looks very clean for SI2! Lucky you!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing Laney!! Congratulations and 1.50 is a GREAT Size!! Yay!
1.gif
Can't wait to see pictures....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/22/2003 11:31:52 PM laney wrote:

SI2 - Thank you MARA, Canadiangrrl, aljdewey and the others that said SI2's are just fine!! They are!

----------------

WOO-HOO~! That's fantastic! I am sooooo thrilled for you. You sound as excited as I was when I finally selected a stone.

Thank God I had the sense to listen to Brian at WF when he told me to consider the SI2.....I got a MUCH larger stone than I could have gotten otherwise. I've gazed into this ring at extremely close range, and I simply cannot see the inclusions!

YAY - Congrats - don't forget the pictures!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/23/2003 12:21:19 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

Eewwww! Laney! Those are gorgeous pics!
love.gif

SI2??? Someone musta had a tough grading day on the bench! IS looks very clean for SI2! Lucky you!
3.gif
----------------

Thank you
9.gif

Yeah, this stone has a feather inclusion right in the table right in the middle. It looks (under maginfication) like a scratch or hair. However, since it's "white" or I guess a "feather" and a great cut - by dammed if you can see it without magnification. On the one pic you can see it reflected in the table. It's just one inclusion. Even face up looking directly at it - you can't see it because it so thin...

I see why they graded it as an SI2 - becuase in reality it is a big inclusion. But I guess it's the best kind! hee-hee.

Anyway - as my boyfriend and I agreed - we'll always know it's ours!!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon....... wel'll see. I'll have to be good
saint.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! Congrats, you've done your homework and got an amazing stone! Be sure to post more pics!
9.gif
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Way to go, Laney. It looks beautiful in the pictures!

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Congrats Jonathon at GOG is great to work with.

I'm a very picky customer who researches things to death, then evaluates price from many diff perspectives then try and get the best deal.

However, When things are priced fairly to begin with its such a more pleasurable buying experience. Not quite the same rush... but definately more satisfying

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Laney,

The pleasure was ours. It was a great to be able to meet you and EJ in person and introduce you to all our technologies and our process for handpicking the stones we do. It was also a small miracle that that stone became available too otherwise I would have suggested it earlier. Your fiance' EJ was also a pleasure to work with and I think he also appreciated the geeky side to all this as us guys tend to have a knack for anal retentive detail.
2.gif

Timeline looks like it'll be ready to go tomorrow. The diamond has already been set now it just needs to be sized. Here's a lil prelim eye candy.

/idealbb/files/DSCN9928.JPG

/idealbb/files/DSCN9946.JPG

/idealbb/files/DSCN9934.JPG

Peace,

Rhino

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
one word
WOW!
Congrates!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the other tech stuff for those interested. Variances between crown/pavilion angles is only .2' in pavilion angles and .3' in crown angles. Super tight.

/idealbb/files/br1504fsi2sarin.gif

BR1504FSI2-ISEE2.jpg

BR1504FSI2-3909008-2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that's a beauty!!! I really love the pictures where you can see the arrows *swoon*. Of course it looks monstrous..I'm so jealous!! Congrats!
1.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ok and

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ok.

that's all!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE the pictures of it.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That stone is very photogenic.
1.gif
While I'm at it ... SO IS LANEY.
1.gif
Laney you are such a cutie! You and EJ make a great couple.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about her LEGS?
2.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/23/2003 3:05:57 PM Mara wrote:

What about her LEGS?
2.gif

----------------

Well I'm no Sarah Michelle "Mara" Geller for sure!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/23/2003 2:55:08 PM Rhino wrote:

That stone is very photogenic.
1.gif
While I'm at it ... SO IS LANEY.
1.gif
Laney you are such a cutie! You and EJ make a great couple.
----------------

Don't make me blush ! LOL
rodent.gif

(still such the salesman!)
1.gif

Now it's the "waiting" till I get it that will kill me!!!!! I'm trying to convince EJ just to let me try it on once.....just to make sure it fits!
12.gif

INJUN

Rough_Rock
Great for you. I am totally new also and I hope to learn more.

Question. You confused me a bit. You stated... "F Color (W.O.W. I was going for an ''I'' but soon to be the best fiance in the world said... hey- that one just looks better )

I thought an I was down the scale from a F on the color scale???? Did I read something wrong?

DEFGHIJK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results