shape
carat
color
clarity

well it USED to be a ring...neck shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and here''s 2 of my new ''pendant-which-used-to-be-my-wedding-and-engagement-rings''!

it''s 5/8" in diameter with the 8 x .01 diamonds from my original wedder.

and i have no idea why i look like i''ve been in a nuclear accident; put it down to the light!

sIMG_2558.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!! What a special pendant, and so PRETTY too.
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and one in the shade, which shows up the gold work more. our initials are T and K. the pendant is about 2.5mm thick, so it''s a good weight which hangs nicely also.

sIMG_2568.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whitby its lovely!

My son Sam is lying in bed with me. He is ten. He said ''What is Whitby?'' I said she is a lovely lady who I talk to online. He pointed to your avatar and said ''Oooh a cake, oh hang on its not a cake. Its a dog attacking a lady!''

He is so weird!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Whitby, I adore your pendant. How special it is, I just
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it. I would wear it always. What a treasure it is.

Linda

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:52:29 PM
Author: Maisie
Whitby its lovely!

My son Sam is lying in bed with me. He is ten. He said ''What is Whitby?'' I said she is a lovely lady who I talk to online. He pointed to your avatar and said ''Oooh a cake, oh hang on its not a cake. Its a dog attacking a lady!''

He is so weird!!

LOL! I took a look at Whitby''s avatar and had to laugh. The picture is soooo not a dog attacking a lady, but kids say it like they see it! Too funny!

Whitby-your pendant is the sweetest thing ever. Seems that all your jewelry is meaningful and done so thoughtfully. The design is great! Elegant and simple.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitby, I absolutely love your pendant. What a great way to use your old set! I keep wanting to reset my original rings which have about 20+ small diamonds and one .26. I never thought of making a pendant, at least with some of the diamonds and the gold. Great idea!
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I like the looks of that!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very pretty, and your initials are a nice touch!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, so pretty. What a great idea. I just love it!!!
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
oooh, I like that, such a good idea!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
whitby that''s lovely - really delicate and sophisticated
9.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Whitby, I love your necklace and I love how full of sentiment it is....wear it in happiness always....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea - love the pendant! You are a very clever girl!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME Whitby....what an heirloom piece to be treasured always!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lori

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! What a great idea too!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:38:45 PM
Author:whitby_2773
and here''s 2 of my new ''pendant-which-used-to-be-my-wedding-and-engagement-rings''!

it''s 5/8'' in diameter with the 8 x .01 diamonds from my original wedder.

and i have no idea why i look like i''ve been in a nuclear accident; put it down to the light!
What a lovely piece of jewelry! I love it.
30.gif

Is there anything on the back?

LS

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 9:45:04 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 4/24/2009 6:38:45 PM

Author:whitby_2773

it''s 5/8'' in diameter with the 8 x .01 diamonds from my original wedder.

What a lovely piece of jewelry! I love it.
30.gif

Is there anything on the back?

LS

yes ma''am. :) on the back it says 1/9/1984 (we have the day and month around the other way in australia to what you guys do in the US). we have the date engraved in our new wedding rings (different thread), too, and in his i engraved the word "one" - and he engraved "my true north" we picked what to engrave without each telling the other, so it was a lovely surprise to see when the rings arrived. :) but the pendant didnt have a lot of room, so it''s just initials and anniversary date.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 9:57:49 PM
Author: whitby_2773

yes ma'am. :) on the back it says 1/9/1984 (we have the day and month around the other way in australia to what you guys do in the US). we have the date engraved in our new wedding rings (different thread), too, and in his i engraved the word 'one' - and he engraved 'my true north' we picked what to engrave without each telling the other, so it was a lovely surprise to see when the rings arrived. :) but the pendant didnt have a lot of room, so it's just initials and anniversary date.
See, Whitby, it's not just you: here in Canuck-Land we do the date like in OZ. It's just the Yanks who mess with the date!

LS

ETA: I meant to add in my first post, that the chain is very nice!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Both of your recent pieces make me smile. Wonderful and classic.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Really nice Whitby. I love the sentimental value attached to it! So unique!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh whitby, what a special way to use those diamonds! The pendant is very pretty.
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, that is an absolutely lovely pendant! I love it. Was it your idea to reuse the diamonds that way? Did you reuse the gold from the rings as well? Regardless, it''s beautiful!
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
LS – thanks for the comment about the chain – I like it too – a little out of the common. And I love Canadians ☺ yay the Commonwealth! (this makes us – like - sisters of the Empire, right?)

Thanks Reader. Those two threads do go together and give an overall picture of what’s been happening in this household jewelry-wise recently. Kinda special.

Thank you Beechezz, Catmom, Kelli, loriken, DiaDiva, MissGotRocks, lulu, AmberGretchen, omieluv, Kaleigh, Diamond*Dana, joflier, lyra, tigian, Linda W, musey and ilovesparkles – I’m big on sentiment when it comes to jewelry and the more significant I can make it, the more I like it. I think that was a mental switch I made after my mother’s diamond was stolen and I realized my own engagement ring had almost no significant meaning. Ever since then, it all has to meeeeeeeean something! (Catmom, been thinking of you and sending prayers your way)

Gwendolyn – yes – totally our design. There’s another thread still on the first board or two – about how we used our old wedding rings and my old engagement ring to make new wedders and this pendant, so this is part of the gold from our wedding and engagement rings, and the diamonds are from the wedding band. And about as significant as it’s possible for one small pendant to be. ☺

And Maisie - please tell Sam that I do not wish to be a lady being attacked by a dog. I am not, however, adverse to being a cake. Dixon (dog in photo) only attacks with his tongue. Please tell Sam that I just might introduce Dixon to him one day and we’ll see if Dixon give him a clean 10 year old face! Free baths are Dixon’s strong suit…

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it, what a great idea
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 8:08:22 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
Gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

Ditto.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful - what a great idea for a pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results