shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing Used Furniture-How

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ingrid

Rough_Rock
10.gif
How do I price used Thomasville furniture from 1974. Have dining, bedroom sets.

Used furniture 005 thumbnail.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think you can ask antique dealers to come and appraise the furniture, at your home or where ever the pieces are. I would get a couple of appraisals, though, to be sure they''re being fair. If you searched on the internet for a forum about antiques, you could very likely get a list of reputable dealers in your area.

Hope that helps!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cheaply? Unless it is something very special or it''s an antique used furniture is a dime a dozen...I suggest perusing your local craigslist and seeing what things are selling for.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you posted on an antique and/or furniture forum to see what they would price at? The picture you have posted is very tiny. . .you'd need to get some higher quality photos for better advice.

Like NF said, you'd be pricing "very cheaply," especially since people have been cutting back and on top of it, when purchasing used furniture, buyers like deals. If the items are solid wood, you'd have better luck as long as the style isn't too dated in an unflattering manner.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that you could look at Craigslist, but used furniture even from a well-respected manufacturer is a saturated market and I doubt you''d get much money for the two sets, especially because the buyer also has to come and pick them up. Furniture pieces from the 1970''s are NOT antiques so I doubt anyone in the antiques trade is going to be able to help with pricing.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, unless it's an antique piece, people want used furniture for next to nothing!!
I just sold a beautiful leather sofa and loveseat (5 yrs. old) for $ 600! The loveseat was in excellent condition too..nobody ever sat on it!
It's a shame it cost me close to $ 10 000 to replace it with new leather furniture..I guess the old stuff covered some of the sales tax! lol
Good luck with the sale..however..don't expect to get rich selling used furniture!
28.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:07:37 AM
Author: beau13
Yes, unless it''s an antique piece, people want used furniture for next to nothing!!

I just sold a beautiful leather sofa and loveseat (5 yrs. old) for $ 600! The loveseat was in excellent condition too..nobody ever sat on it!

It''s a shame it cost me close to $ 10 000 to replace it with new leather furniture..I guess the old stuff covered some of the sales tax! lol

Good luck with the sale..however..don''t expect to get rich selling used furniture!
28.gif

i think you did great on getting the $600. for the used leather sofa and loveseat. regardless of the condition, i don''t think a five year old sofa and loveseat would bring that much here. i agree with others who have stated used furniture, unless it is a real antique, just doesn''t bring much cash.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Considering it''s from a big box store like Thomasville, I''d post it on CL for best offer. Chances are you''re not going to get "big money" for it since it''s from the 70''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results