shape
carat
color
clarity

Is lettering lost with resizing ? Please help !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treeclimber1948

Rough_Rock
32.gif
Hi,
My Grandaughter received an engagement ring yesterday. She wears a size 4 and the ring was resized.
Is the stamping inside the band, like 14k lost when it is resized ?
This is what her fiance told her but it doesen''t seem feasible to me.
Will someboby please educate me on this.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The stamping is usually not lost when sizing a ring. It is possible that it was removed in sizing, but more likely if there is no stamp there never was one. Which does not mean it is not real, not all fine jewelry is stamped with quality or trademarks.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
When my Vatche ring was resized prior to engagement (not by Vatche but by a local jeweler), the "Vatche" stamp became "Vatch." The jeweler tried to keep it but that was the best he could do. When I lost weight and needed it made smaller again, the whole stamp was lost.

Size 4 is pretty small, so I''m assuming the ring was changed several sizes. If the jeweler doing the resizing wasn''t asked to save/replace the stamp, then I think it''s totally possible. I mean, either her fiance concocted this whole story just to trick her with something that really isn''t gold (but what would it be then? and why?), or he noticed that the stamp wasn''t there any more and the jeweler said, oh, sorry about that, we lost it in the resizing process.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hello there and welcome! I just wanted to add that she can always have them restamp the rings if it''s important to her.

I have had two Vatches, one Royal CRown and the other the x prong and both stamps disappeared after they were resized. I had both rings sent back to Vatche and they did the restamping for free and they also polished and cleaned up the rings like new.

They did restamp Vatche in a spot where if the rings ever get resized again, the stamp won''t be lost though. Before the stamps were at the bottom of the rings and now they are close to the top, by the prongs.

Only had them restamp the rings because i wanted to eventually sell and it would be hard to sell a DVatche without the name on it.

Here is a picture of the x prong that shows where it was restamped.
2.gif

boston 2009 and ring pictures 2655.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results