shape
carat
color
clarity

110V - 220V

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Any of you familiar with a converter that will convert a 110V power source to 220V? The house we are going to be in has a 110V for the washer/dryer and I wanted to know if there''s a way to still use those if and when we move elsewhere that has a 220V.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I have a converter for small things, but I don''t know about a dishwasher. I don''t see why it would be any different than any other appliance! Except, y''know, being bigger.

I guess that wasn''t too helpful, huh? Sorry.
20.gif

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Why don''t you call an electrical supply store and see what they say?

I''ll check back later and if you haven''t gotten an answer yet I''ll ask my husband when I talk to him this afternoon. He''s an electrician so he''ll probably know.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 9:52:41 AM
Author: applequeen
Why don''t you call an electrical supply store and see what they say?

I''ll check back later and if you haven''t gotten an answer yet I''ll ask my husband when I talk to him this afternoon. He''s an electrician so he''ll probably know.
Electrical suppy store? Hmm, not sure what that would be. Probably home depot. I''ll call and let you guys know what I find out.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Have an electrician change it for you. You can do major damage using generic convertors. Even if you change the Voltage, you have to watch how many amps you''re pushing through. it can cause shorts and even fires.

For this task, call a professional!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
As someone who is in the midst of a home renovation I can say "NO... do not call home depot" (don''t get me started)
1.gif
An electrical supply store is just that... it''s a store that specializes in electrical equipment. Most around here are family owned but I looked it up in the yellow pages and they''re listed under "Electric Equipment and Supplies".

I agree with somethingshiny... you probably do need an electrician to change it out for you...it should be an fairly easy task for someone who knows what they''re doing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results