shape
carat
color
clarity

10th Anniversary - What Gift for Him??

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers! The 2nd of September is looming & is my 10th wedding anniversary :appl:

Husband knows I want jewels & talks are in the works. I also know that we arrive back from our family holiday with the children 11 days before (and arrangements have been made with the mother in law to have the girls for a few days) he & I are "going away". He has organised this, so I have no idea where etc, but it will be relatively local from the UK (within a couple of hours flight, so Paris maybe?)

BUT.....! What do your buy your husband? Tell me ladies, what DID your buy your husband for your 10th??

So far it all feels about me (which is fabulous, as I work hard keeping this house & everyone in it happy & healthy) but what gift do I get for him? He is a bit of a geek & loves technology (works in Gaming). He has a watch collection, but they are FAR from fancy & nothing in there is over £300 as he likes modern trends. He wears no jewellery except his wedding ring, said chosen watch of the day & various leather wrap bracelets that I have bought him over the years, all stacked in the left hand that never come off. He has said in the past that his wedding ring feels like an embedded part of his body (never been removed) but that he would never wear an additional ring. He is not into jewellery, no necklaces, ear piercings etc. He's very plain in that respect.

I suggested a posh watch such as Rolex, but he just said "but you know me, babe. I'll only wear it for a month before I go back to my Apple Watch or something, so don't waste your money...." He is no help! Arrgghhhhh!! :wall:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you friends with any of his colleagues? Maybe they can clue you in on what he's been wanting to get! If you're unsure of the return policy, get a GC to that store and in the card tell him this is what you intended it to go to area and go and buy it together.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think asking his freinds/colleagues is a grea idea. He sounds a bit like my husband -- jewlery doesn't really interest him :cheeky:, but he would love something like a programable keyboard or a blue laser pointer (preferbly with specs which would make it illegal for me to buy it locally)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9836/

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does he do in his spare time? Any hobbies you could buy something for? My husband similarly doesn't really do jewellery or watches but I have bought him a nice tennis racket in the past, and a good camera!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha maybe you can make a bunch of IOU's that he can cash in anytime.

IOU a 10 min foot Massage
No dishwashing
No cooking
No laundry
A "sexy time act"
A dinner entre of your choice
A breakfast in bed
A movie night at the theater
Etc...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would he like one of those 'experience' days? Driving an Aston Martin or Ferrari? My husband doesn't wear any jewellery at all either, but he's very interested in rugby, does yours support any particular team? What about tickets to a big match?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually does he like virtual reality gear? The htc vive was released recently and it is really excellent (we have one in the living room and it is a lot of fun). The only thing is that he will have to have a computer with a powerful enough graphics card. So I wouldn't buy it without getting him involved.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the fab suggestions! I do know some of his colleagues so I can have a sneaky word with them, and I like the idea of gift cards for stuff, but Pinto, you did make me laugh! He would be very happy with an IOU for "sexy time" as we're so busy & worn out! Watching The Walking Dead has been about as close as we've got for the last few weeks :lol:

He actually has the PlayStation VR, which the children enjoy very much, as the new game he is devolping is based for it, so I steer clear of anything gaming wise. He is fully immersed in that world.

An experience day had never crossed my mind! He did some BMW M3 racing back when I was pregnant with our first & we were poor, which he hugely enjoyed, so an Aston Martin day might be something to look at :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son recently did the Aston Martin experience with some friends of his @Alex T and they had a great time. :D Real boys day out fun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T, happy Anniversary! I asked Greg his thoughts but he wasn't much help as he said he would like a 3 horsepower table saw and I have a feeling your dh isn't into woodworking and such so that was no help.

I love the experience gift that Austina suggested i.e. driving a sports car or something similar though I might be nervous it is too dangerous. Along those lines how about bungee jumping (not sky diving please lol), parasailing, or even a helicopter ride over the city if any of that appeals to your dh. Or if he loves a certain type of food that you don't a special evening out at a restaurant of his choice that you wouldn't normally go to.

No matter what you do I know he will appreciate the thought and energy you put into finding him the perfect anniversary gift and I hope you enjoy a special celebration. Wishing you many many happy and healthy anniversaries to come! (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results