shape
carat
color
clarity

10th Anniversary Dilemma - New Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Whill381

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I''ve been lurking here for awhile and now I have a dilemma.

Our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up in July and the plan was always to upgrade my setting but not my diamond. The diamond would be upgraded later. 2-3-5 years from now. I''m in no hurry.

So, I found the perfect setting, I''ve been eyeing it for 6 months. I''ve tried on a ton of settings and I keep going back to this one. It''s a Simon G, I''ll TRY to post a picture, not sure if it''ll work.

The diamond in my e-ring is .74 ct and I don''t know the #''s but it''s a beautiful stone. I''ve loved it since day one, it''s firey, it sparkles, I get compliments on my current ring all the time.

The Simon G setting is meant to have a 1 ct diamond. There are ways to fit my stone into the setting and make it work. But, I don''t want to "fudge things" to make it work. We''ve looked at a handful of diamonds too and after much reading (on this site) and much consideration, we found the perfect stone. I don''t have the details with me. 1.08 ct, VS2, H, with a depth of 61.6% and a table of 58 point something. (1 ct is a fine upgrade with me too, I feel "silly" with HUGE rocks on my finger, it''s just not me).

Our jeweler will give us $$$ for my diamond in trade. And...I was all set to do it. But, it''s been a struggle. I thought I could give my stone up but now I''m not sure I can.

Who has traded their e-ring diamonds for an upgrade? Do people really trade them in or do you all KEEP your first stone?

I always thought I''d keep mine, I always planned to keep mine. But since we''re upgrading to a new stone before I thought we would, trading my e-ring stone in is sort of necessary.

I''m losing SLEEP over this, if you can believe it. I''m thrilled about the new ring. But, I''m struggling with giving up the stone that''s been on my finger and with me EVERYWHERE for the past 11.5 years...thru engagement and marriage.

Ok, going to TRY to post my setting...

Any input? SELL IT cause "it''s just a thing" or try to keep it cause I''ll regret giving it up for the rest of my life? (Dramatic, I know...)

Thanks!
Wendy

Simong10yr.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for your dilemma. Everyone will have a different answer I guess. I think it depends on the person and the dh as to whether to keep it or trade it.

I kept mine becuase it was too tiny to trade up anyway (.3ct).

Why can''t the Simon G be made for your size stone? It''s a beautiful setting by the way.

It seems to me that even if you do trade your current stone, you will always miss it even if just a little. And that can be okay too. I guess my gut feel from the tone of what you wrote is that you might regret it. But only you can say and maybe now that you''ve started thinking about trading it you might slowly change your feelings about that.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

a

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
hi wendy

i kept mine (.52ct) only because my upgrade was a gift from my mom. i''m not super sentimental about the first stone (i switch between rings off and on when i''m not wearing my utilitarian rose-gold flat band), but i can''t see myself trading it in, either (there are so many re-set possibilities). IF i had to pay for my upgrade (god forbid :)), i would wait until i had saved enough money for the perfect stone and setting. this would take more than 10 years, but that''s ok.

the simon g ring is lovely, but i can see how a slightly smaller stone would be overwhelmed by the wide band and embellishments. plus, i agree, it''s best not to fudge things and try to make a .75ct stone ''work'' with a setting intended for 1 ct+.

it sounds like you''re really set on keeping the stone. i don''t know how much you''d have to spend on the upgrade, although it sounds like your jeweler is being generous, but it might be worth it to look at other options for purchasing a 1 ct stone. you could definitely go lower on the clarity scale, and possibly on color and carat weight, and find something a little more affordable.

but, if you really love the new diamond, maybe you should upgrade. i would hate for you to lose your original stone in order to obtain your dream setting. i feel like upgrades should be about the entire package, and not just the setting vs. the stone.

i know this is not something you mentioned, but have you thought about getting a super sparkly wide right-hand ring to tide you over until it''s time for a proper stone upgrade? it sounds like you''re pretty happy with your e-ring. just a thought.

i''d love to see pics of your e-ring, too! good luck with your decision!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I''ve taken about 3 months to decide what to do about upgrading my wedding ring for my 28th anniversary. I have changed my mind over and over again. At one point in time it became very un-fun and I just put it on the back burner for a while. When it isn''t fun it is time for a time-out.

I initially was just going to put a new diamond in my old setting and when a jewlery store clerk recommended I just buy a whole new setting I was aghast!
6.gif
No way--I love my setting and I am never going to change it!! Well, ---- until I started looking at the new rings as a real option, that is. Then it didn''t sound quite so bad. So here is what I have decided to do. Both my hubby and I are sentimental about the original so we are keeping it as is and I will switch back and forth willy nilly as I please. The setting was more than I thought, so I am waiting to buy the wedding band part of the set until maybe Christmas, just let people think I am engaged. (Lucky lady to find love at that "advanced" age I guess they''ll be thinking!) LOL

I guess it depends on how much money you are talking about--could you wait 6 months and swing it then? Five years from now will you be glad you saved the money or sad you don''t have the original diamond? You sound very emotional about your diamond--if you didn''t want to keep the original set as is, you could re-mount into a necklace. Anyway--I am rambling I guess the point I was trying to make is I am glad I gave myself time to muddle over all my options, and it just "felt right" when I finally made my decision.
16.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Oh--I forgot to say I love your Simon G choice, and the reason I didn''t trade in my diamond was no one was interested in a 1/5 of a carat diamond!! Now, my new, soon to be delivered diamond is up for a trade-in if the circumstances were right in 5-10 years. But that is after I get my new earrings that hubby hasn''t even heard about yet! I''ll spring it on him later.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The first time that I upgraded to a bigger diamond I traded my .5 carat stone in on the new 1.0 carat one. It really didn''t bother me, but I actually think hubby felt a little sad to see it go. On my last upgrade from the 1.0 carat to a three stone ring with a 1.24 carat center stone I was in a position to be able to keep my old diamond and I had it reset into a pendant. Everyone is different, but if you are uncertain it might be better to wait.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never upgraded my stone, but I think I''d be hesitant to give up my original diamond as well.

One thing to consider would be to get the Simon G setting now and simply put another type of colorless gemstone (that costs less than a diamond) that is a similar size to a 1ct diamond in the setting for the next few years until the time comes when you can get a 1ct diamond. That way you get to wear the new setting now but keep your original stone (the best of both worlds!) Then in three years, just swtich out the gemstone and put your new diamond in the setting. Just one more option to think about.

Good luck with the decision!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 12:44:02 PM
Author:Whill381

I'm losing SLEEP over this, if you can believe it. I'm thrilled about the new ring. But, I'm struggling with giving up the stone that's been on my finger and with me EVERYWHERE for the past 11.5 years...thru engagement and marriage.
I'm actually different from a lot of the PSers in that I have a great attachment to my setting, but I don't care as much about keeping the original stone. If I were thinking about upgrading, and actually worrying enough about it to lose sleep over it, I would take that as a sign that I'd regret giving up my original ring/stone. That's ME, though, and it really is an individual thing, no one can tell you whether you'll be happy with the decision or regret it later.

What about having a similar setting custom-made to fit more proportionally with your current diamond?

Or buying the new setting now (if you're worried about it being discontinued) and buying your upgrade stone to go into the setting later, when it's more financially feasible?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
For my upgrade, I traded in my stone becasue I will only wear ONE e-ring, not two... And I want another lucky woman to have my old ring since it''s such a beautiful and sparkly diamond ( I heard my old ring was old 2 days after I traded in
1.gif
) In my oponion, there''s no point of me hugging such a pretty rock...

Just my 2 cents..

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a very individual thing - that said, here are my thoughts and experience.

i gather from your post that you are in fact anxious about giving up your original stone. when that anxious feeling comes around, i have learned to listen! for me, i have learned this feeling is telling me that whatever direction i''m headed in, it is not the right one for me and i will have regrets if i continue down that path.

WARNING - SUPER SAPPY SECTION!!!! like you, my original diamond has made me very happy, it''s beautiful and i''ve always been happy with the size. above and beyond how it looks, it represents a moment in my life that is precious to me. that became crystal clear to me when, while discussing changing my setting, my DH offered to change my diamond thinking that was what i really wanted. i do not wish to part with it, and my DH admitted he didn''t really want me to either. something that further cofirmed my decision was the realization that by changing settings, there is the possibility that it could be damaged (it''s a princess, guess chipping is a decent risk with them) and i would be forced to get a new diamond. this thought makes me very very sad, and i realized just how attached i am to my stone. so my search continues to be about finding a new setting. EXTREMELY cheeseball, but i like to think of it like this: the core of my ''marriage jewelry'', like the core of my marriage, is where it all started and it stays steady and true, while the ''world'' around it evolves. what is at the core, though not perfect, is always beautiful and timeless and precious and must be treated with reverance and care. these are simply my personal sentiments regarding my specific situation and by no means do i project them onto others. heck, if women DIDN''T upgrade and post here on PS, WHAT would i do with my time??
19.gif

if i were ok with a getting a new diamond, i would want to keep my original and put it in a pendant to keep close.

Whill381

Rough_Rock
You guys are wonderful!! Thank You!

If I addressed each post we''d have a novel here, so I''ll try to make short/to the point comments. (Thanks to everyone for compliments on the Simon G. I wanted something updated to 2007, with a bit of an antique look, and in WG/Platinum rather than yellow gold. This Simon G is platinum.)

Angeline...Erika is right. Based on the simon g setting, my .74 diamond would look a bit odd. The center diamond in my new setting has to be just as wide or a little wider than the setting. With the new diamond, it''s just a tick wider. Perfect...

Everyone is different and in my case, I don''t have an attachment to my current setting/wedding ring, I''m attached to my diamond because it''s what DH picked out for me in 1996 when he was 22, I never dropped hints, we never shopped together. He found me the perfect sparkly wonderful diamond for a basic 6 prong e-ring, and popped the ? on a carriage ride in the city. Sooo sweet. My friends were in on it. MY parents knew (he went to them first to sort of ask for my hand...)

So, I waffle between giving up my diamond cause "I''ll still have the setting" and thinking "well who cares about the setting, it''s the diamond that''s special!" I will have the setting no matter which way we go. Someday, to put a gemstone in the middle if we do give up my diamond.

Jeweler is only giving me $2500 on my diamond...wholesale price you know. So then I think "geez, we can scrape up that 2500 from somewhere and keep it."

DH is out of town this weekend so he''s not around to bounce my thoughts off of. I appreciate everyone here taking the time! We pick up the new ring on Monday night and I AM excited about that.

DH and I are different people. I''m sentimental. He IS a sap but he''s also all about bigger and better. Cars, jewelry, whatever. So...upgrading my setting was always the plan. Changing the stone wasn''t in the plan...not now. And because we are changing the stone now, all of a sudden we were selling my current one back. He''s all about "now." I''m all about planning and getting comfortable with ideas. 95% of the time we meet in the middle and balance each other out nicely. He''s not losing sleep over my stone. I am. LOL!

It''s a good deal. The Simon G platinum setting, and a 1.08, VS2, H diamond for $8500 out the door (including tax, etc) minus the $2500 for my stone and we''re down to $6000. Pretty sweet.

HappyAnniversary - I totally understand what you''re saying! Part of this HAS become un-fun. I''d like to switch back and forth willy nilly too...especially in a few years when yellow gold comes back "in." I''ll be all set!!
9.gif

Musey, we thought about that...Buy the simon g setting now and just hold it till we had more money saved for a new diamond. DH is a "now now now" kinda guy. Once it''s in his head or talked about, it''s as good as done.

Grapegravity....a few days ago I was thinking along the same lines of what you said...as long as MY stone could make someone else as happy as it has made me, why NOT give it up? But then I wonder, what if my stone ends up as the big/bottom stone in one of those 5 stone pendants? LOL!

Rainydaze, thank you for your sappy section. I agree, that''s mostly how I feel and you put it into words so well....you know, marriage is full of highs and lows, it is ever evolving. I''ve seen a few friends and my brother get divorced in the 10 years we''ve been married and while 10 years is just a drop in the bucket, I truly meant "I do" when I said it. Not "I do for now, until the going gets tough." I feel like some people (my brother''s ex wife!) are in it for the showers and the wedding and the hoopla and the ring, then when things start to tarnish, they bail.

I do know one thing for sure. If we EVER upgrade me again? I will NOT have an attachment to this 1 ct diamond like I do to my ering. So, upgrading that in the future will be no big deal. Thank goodness.
I think I have my answer. Keep the ering diamond and work it out. It can be done, and I risk no reget.

I''ll work on getting a photo and maybe post the old vs the new for you guys on Monday.

Yes, DH and I are gonna have a talk tomorrow night about how we can work it to keep my diamond, assuming the jeweler doeesn''t already have a possible buyer.

THANK YOU, all! This is a novel. Sorry!
Wendy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wendy, I do advise trying to keep the oold diamond because it would be the perfect size for a pendant. I would also never buy my dream setting until I had the diamond I wanted. Changing heads to fit a new diamond can be iffy sometimes, so I''d always recommend getting the diamond first and then the settings to fit it. So if you can work out this deal to get the diamond and setting at the same time and keep your old diamond, that would be great! Otherwise, I''d hold off on the setting and get the diamond upgrade first.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi-tough choice!
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary AND still holding value in marriage and your vows!!
36.gif

This is going to be a personal decision.
I upgraded my ring almost 2 years ago. At the time we had only been married 2 1/2 years and that time I had been pregnant 2 times. The rings had been on and off of my finger.

Hubby agreed with me wanting a larger center stone-all else stayed the same, I kept the same channel set princess ring jjust upgraded my center. If i could have kept my .74 F Vs1 AND bought my 1.53 J SI2, I would have. I would have made my original into a pendant or something. financially we couldn''t afford to do both.

I think, for me, if we had been married as long as you have, I would have a very hard time giving it up. For the sentimental side of course. We all know it is not the new or old ring that makes a marriage, but this stone is a symbol of the future of your life together.
I don''t regret not having it to the point that I can''t sleep or am really down bc I LOVE my new stone sooo much, but in a perfect world I would have both.

hey, another way to look at it is if you do trade yours in, some other woman will someday have it and it will carry with it 10 yrs of happy marriage! A great gift.

I know I am not much help here... Sorry! Sometimes it is just nice to hear responses even if they aren''t difinitnve answers..hehe

keep us posted!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I upgraded for our 10th anni. I kept the original stone. It was .63 and didn''t have a whole lot of trade in value so I bought matching pear and had them set as earrings. I will upgrade again and trade in my anni. upgrade stone when I do. BTW, the setting you picked is gorgeous.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone is different and in my case, I don''t have an attachment to my current setting/wedding ring, I''m attached to my diamond because it''s what DH picked out for me in 1996 when he was 22, I never dropped hints, we never shopped together. He found me the perfect sparkly wonderful diamond for a basic 6 prong e-ring, and popped the ? on a carriage ride in the city. Sooo sweet. My friends were in on it. MY parents knew (he went to them first to sort of ask for my hand...)

that''s exactly how it went for me too, i let him know discreetly that my preference was princess and platinum, just in case and boy did he surprise me with proposing and the ring! that''s the basis of my attachment to my diamond, that and the fact that i do love it for itself.

Rainydaze, thank you for your sappy section. I agree, that''s mostly how I feel and you put it into words so well....you know, marriage is full of highs and lows, it is ever evolving. I''ve seen a few friends and my brother get divorced in the 10 years we''ve been married and while 10 years is just a drop in the bucket, I truly meant ''I do'' when I said it. Not ''I do for now, until the going gets tough.'' I feel like some people (my brother''s ex wife!) are in it for the showers and the wedding and the hoopla and the ring, then when things start to tarnish, they bail.

i couldn''t agree with you more. it''s nice to hear someone else express the same sentiment about marriage. whenever i entertained the thought of a new diamond, the phrase ''is nothing sacred'' always came to my mind. for ME to feel right about my upgrade, i need to hold onto my diamond and continue to honor that gift that was given to me, same as i honor our marriage. that said, if when he proposed he could have only afforded a .25 or .3ct or he had picked one without so much brilliance and sparkle, i''m quite sure i''d be jumping on the upgrade train despite waxing poetic!!
2.gif
though, even then i would still keep the original and set it into a pendant or RHR.

Whill381

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker - Yes, that''s part of why all of this is happening NOW. We found the right stone to go into the new setting, it''s like it was "meant to be." Rather than put my current stone in the new setting and have it look goofy, or risk not finding the right stone later, this is why the upgrade is happening now.

Sophie...you make good points. And hey, anyone who has 2 kids in the first 2 years of marriage? You DESERVE to have whatever stone upgrade you want!! It''s really nice that you did the center stone but kept your setting...so the sentiment is still there in that respect!

Miranda, I agree with you too. If we ever upgrade again, I will have no problem upgrading my upgrade! It''s the e-ring that seems to be my sticking point.

Rainydaze...again, we''re on the same page. When DH proposed, I feel in LOVE with my diamond. I never had a minute''s worth of disappointment. I never thought "gee, this isn''t big enough." So, maybe if I had "issue" with my e-ring diamond in the first place, I could give it up now. But, I''ve always loved it.

I wanted to reply to everyone, I do appreciate everyone''s personal opinion/story and that''s why I asked!
21.gif

I mentioned to DH on the phone last night that I didn''t think I could give up my diamond afterall. We''ll talk about it more when he gets home. Keeping my stone is realistic. I can just juggle some money and then replentish it over time. 2008 property taxes? Ahh...they aren''t improtant NOW. LOL! I can get a part time seasonal Xmas job and refund the "tax fund!"

So, right now I''m 95% sure I''ll be keeping my original stone. I''ll post the outcome on Monday night/Tuesday morning!

Wendy

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda glad for you wendy. I didn''t have to make a decision but I think it would have been hard to give up my original stone (didn''t have to decide cos .3 can''t really be traded up!)

It''s easy to say but in say 5 years time the $2500 won''t seem that much money and you''ll still have that sweet proposal diamond to remind you of the early days and all it meant.

Cheers!

a

mommy3girls1boy

Rough_Rock
I usually just lurk but wanted to respond because I recently had a similiar situation. DH and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary in May. I know your pain in feeling attached to your original diamond. My diamond in my original ER was my husband's mother's diamond - an anniversary present for her 15th (?) anniversary I believe. She is deceased and I never met her. We had it reset in a cheap yellow gold setting from Service Merchandise in 1996. I wore the ring for a couple of years until I became pregnant with our first child. I now have four children aged 6, 5, 3, and 20 months. I have not been able to get the rings on my fingers (ER and wedding ring) for several years. I had always wanted to upgrade my setting. However, in my search for the perfect upgrade, I felt that I didn't want to reset the diamond. The original diamond has a small chip in the side of the table. I know it's there but wasn't noticeable. However I didn't want to take a chance of breaking the diamond by resetting it as it is an heirloom (or will be to one of my children). We decided to buy another wedding set with a center diamond that was just about the same size (.48 ct - my orginal was about .46) center stone but has accent diamonds in the ER and WR totalling 1.40ct. We didn't trade up or even buy the stone separately because the set I fell in love with was purchased at Costco.
6.gif
I know that is probably not the place most people around here would purchase from but I love it and am happy with my choice for the price we paid.

I hope you work it out to get your new diamond and keep your old. I love the setting - I had my eye on a Simon G before too. Congratulations on your new rings and most importantly on your 10th anniversary! What a milestone!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid I don''t have any great adive about what to do with your old stone, but I just wanted to say that your new setting is going to be beautiful!!!

Whill381

Rough_Rock
Mommy, thanks for sharing your story. I can understand your feelings for your husband''s mom''s stone. I have a few small OLD things from family that I''d NEVER sell or trade. I have my grandma''s beautiful little 1/4 ct diamond from her ring (from 1940) set in a pendant now. I can relate to how you shop too...when you see it and like it? WHo cares where it''s from? Brand name? Off name? Knock off? Service Merchandise had the setting I loved too...so we took the idea to our jeweler and he had the setting made.

My round is in the middle with a marquise on each side, and then 3 baguettes set horizontal next to the marquise on the outer most part of my band.

When you see it and you love it, you know the setting is "the one." With this Simon G, I saw it in January, tried on dozens of other things, and I still keep going back to the Simon G. It has nothing to do with the "brand name." Surely I''m paying a few hundred bucks for that name.

Kcoursolle, thank you for the compliment. We pick up the new ring tomorrow and I''m getting excited now, DYING to see it!!

9.gif
Wendy

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wendy you know you have to post pics asap! Looking forward to seeing it (not as much as you are I bet
9.gif
)

a

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting you chose is stunning!
I never really ''upgraded'', but I did get a 3 stone ring for our 10th anniversary. I now where that on my left hand and I am going to have my original stone set into a pendant. I am way sentimental, so there is no way I could ever part with it!

Good luck with your decision!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited for you. If possible, I thought stretching for the option you wanted while keeping your diamond was a great decision. I know what you mean by you kept going back to that one setting. I did that, too. Post pics, lots of them, never enough pictures of diamonds!

Whill381

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys...for your thoughts, opinions, and compliments on my new setting.

As long as keeping my diamond is not going to change the package price the jeweler already gave us (You know, he quoted a price for my new setting and diamond, less the $2500 for my e-ring diamond)...then I''ll keep my diamond.

I will happily post pictures if I can figure out how to TAKE a GOOD ONE! I tried to take photos of my current ring yesterday and they come out pretty blurry.

What kind of camera settings are you guys using to take a decent photo? I''d like to post my OLD ring and my NEW ring for everyone to see. You''ve all been immensly helpful!

Wendy

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i''m really glad you''re keeping your original e-ring! i also think it''s great that you loved the stone from the very beginning. i love my 1/2 ct because it''s an ideal cut, F color, even though i can see inclusions if i''m feeling nit-picky. cut and color are IT for me, size is something i''ll keeping working on as bills are paid off and future babies are taken care of. i''ve only been married 1 year, so there''s certainly no rush. the upgrade diamond is a place-holder until that happens, and the original serves to remind me that if my husband could pick out a fiery little diamond at the age of 23 (it''s canadian but not as expensive as they usually run), i''m only expecting great things when that upgrade happens.

anyway, i can''t wait to see pictures of the new setting and stone. and of course, lots of pics of your original, too!

congrats on 10 years and a beautiful new setting!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh yay! i''m glad you are keeping the original, and i''m excited to see your new set. i negleted to say in my other posts that i love it, very elegant! and congratulations on 10 years, may you have many more!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t give it up and I surely bet you regret giving it up far more than keeping it. If you cannot do both right now, why not keep the ring you love and get compliments on constantly until your 15th and do it then?

Whill381

Rough_Rock
Ok everyone, I am officially KEEPING my current wedding ring/e-ring and we pick the new one up tonight! I''m very excited, I feel MUCH better...like, I was crazy to think I could give up my original stone, but I got caught up in it all, it sounded like an ok idea at first and then I just thought NO WAY.

In the scheme of things, this is affordable for us, it''s just that I''m "frugal"...we don''t have kids but I do often put my own "wants" second. You know, need and want are two very different things. Diamonds aren''t "needs."

In this case, it''s ok to have what I WANT. An upgrade for 10 years, while keeping my current ring near and dear. Nothing wrong with that. Whew.

Sara...why not wait till 15? It''s a valid question in general. Makes total sense to me. But hubby is a now now now kinda guy. We''ve been talking about the 10 year upgrade for about 18 months and once an idea/plan is in his head it''s as good as done. It''s sort of hard to stop that train once it''s rolling!

But, this is turning out to be a win/win in the end.

I''ll post pics tomorrow if I can take a few DECENT ones. How do you guys do it? Is there a post on this forum to explain? I sure can''t find it...

9.gif
Wendy

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad this is working out. Yes diamonds are a WANT but you''ve gotta indulge yourself once in a while!!!

As far as pictures go use the close up feature on your camera it''s the little flower icon. And try to turn off the flash. The diamond just shoots the light from the flash right back at you so that causes blur.

HTH

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 10:18:40 AM
Author: Whill381

Sara...why not wait till 15? It''s a valid question in general. Makes total sense to me. But hubby is a now now now kinda guy. We''ve been talking about the 10 year upgrade for about 18 months and once an idea/plan is in his head it''s as good as done. It''s sort of hard to stop that train once it''s rolling!
I thought it was a money issue - if you can afford it, why wait?? LOL Glad you don''t have to :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results