shape
carat
color
clarity

10K vs. 14K vs. 18K WG.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Does it matter??
33.gif

Does one look whiter? Stay whiter longer? Is one stronger?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol, okay, I''ll bite: what is Special K?
1.gif

It would be for the shank. In which case, is strength of more import than beauty? I don''t have any nickel allergies, but my mom and my sister both have really severe reactions to it; would I be smart to steer clear of it in case I develop one? I''d like to continue being able to wear my 99-cent earrings.
2.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I understood the original w/g was often platinum/palladium. I know rhodium can be used as an alloy as well.

Can you tell us more about your platinum alloy Garry?. Is it an alloy you produce at your workshop, and what is the percentage used?

I often wonder how good an alloy of platinum and fine gold would work, in say PLAT 900...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alec Grossman's old recipie - he would have to kill me - but i do not melt my own WG's - I buy proprietary allows - to tricky.

I think it is called AG1 and sold by P J Williams.
Probably 378au, about 500palladium and a bit of silver and platinum. it is softish for shanks - but is great for settings and chains.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results