shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Vegas savvy people!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to Vegas for 5 days in March and am trying to plan out our meals there (foodie that I am).

So far, I have made reservations at Joel Robuchon. Has anyone here ever been there? Is it good? Worth the price tag?

Also, anybody have any suggestions on other restaurants we should try out?

Thanks!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been to Joel Robuchon, but I have been to Vegas several times. A couple suggestions:

FIX at the Bellagio is fantastic! A really great fillet mignon and awesome desserts (the donuts!!!) The same company owns STACK at the Mirage. Both FIX and STACK are pretty loud but the dining rooms are really cool. I would definitely chose FIX over STACK imho.

Social House at Treasure Island is great for Kobe Sliders and Sushi.

If you like french bistro fare, Bouchon at the Venetian is really great too.

I believe I wore jeans and a nice top to all four of those restaurants.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian has excellent steak and a large wine selection. If you are willing to venture outside of the strip, we found a great restaurant http://www.rosemarysrestaurant.com/. They have excellent reviews online. We had a tasting menu and was very pleased. It is a little far but we rented a car. For buffets, I like the ones at Paris and Planet Hollywood the best. I was extremely disappointed at Bellagio.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on what kind of foodie you are.

Are you talking Joel Robuchon at the Mansion or L''Atelier? There is a HUGE difference. And me being the professional culinarian that I am, it would take A LOT for one meal for one person to be worth $400 but that''s me.

I enjoyed Postrio (Wolfgang Puck) in Venetian, Mesa Grill in Caesars (Bobby "I don''t know southwest food, but I put on a good show" Flay, Sensi (Italian/Asian fusion) at Bellagio, and others. BLTBurger was pretty great at The Mirage too.

Are you looking for a certain type of food or a certain price range?

Oh, and in memory of my stupid roommate from culinary school, I''ll suggest Daniel Boulud''s restaurant in Wynn. Because she loved the $50 burger (stuffed with braised short ribs and foie gras--don''t know that it''s the same in Vegas that it was in NYC).

And I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tom Colicchio (Gramercy Tavern is the best meal I have ever had) so any of his restaurants are A-ok in my book.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Of course, it depends on your $$ budget. Fellini''s at The Stratopshere has excellent, not overly priced, italian food. The chef is from New York and is excellent.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We just got back from Vegas about two weeks ago.
We ate at Il Molino at Caesar''s. It was one of the most delicious meals I have ever eaten!
Yellowtail in the Bellagio has great sushi.
18.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 2:38:52 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

If you like french bistro fare, Bouchon at the Venetian is really great too.

I''m so glad to hear you say that - I''m having my wedding there, but I''ve never been. No scouting trips for me!

Hisdiamondgirl, if you eat there, please post a review!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the recommendations!

Iowa Lizzy -- I''ll probably check out FIX and I''ll definitely check out Bouchon (love anything French!) and post a review about it pjean. Congrats! When are you getting married?
CharmyPoo-- I don''t think we''ll be renting a car this time around so probably won''t be able to check out Rosemary''s, but...we''re staying at Planet Hollywood, so it''s good to hear that the buffet is good there (buffets are one of my favorites things about Vegas, especially for breakfast!!!
18.gif
).

Freke -- I have a reservation at the one that is just Joel Robuchon, not L''Atelier, so I guess it''s the one at the Mansion. I hear you on it taking a lot for one meal to be worth that. I''ve never been to a restaurant with such a hefty price tag. I live in NYC so I go to a lot of nice and relatively expensive restaurants here but nothing of that caliber. So, really I guess my question is, since I''ve never been to such a restaurant before, should I go to Joel Robuchon, and is it worth it since I probably won''t be going to another restaurant like that for a looooong time? Or, should I just wait it out and try to get a reservation to like Per Se in New York? KWIM? I don''t know if you could help me with that Freke! lol Sensi sounds great, don''t think I''ve ever had Italian/Asian fusion...sounds delicious!!! In terms of type of food...I love mostly everything and in terms of price range, we''re willing to splurge one night and would be ok with like $75-$100 a person the other nights.

Dendon -- where exactly is the Stratosphere? Is that on the strip? Don''t think I''ve ever seen it...but I always love me some Italian!

Ooooh iluvcarats...I looooove sushi so might have to try out Yellowtail too! Thanks!

BTW Freke I love your wedding shoes, just haven''t gotten around to posting about it yet! =)

30.gif
30.gif

dendon

Shiny_Rock
The Stratrosphere is at the end of the strip, before you get into downtown. It''s the one that has the highest tower with the rides on top. Excellent italian food!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you after all high-end restaurants, or some fun, too?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Hofbrauhas, and always insist that any friend headed to Vegas check it out. It's a raucously good time and we always spend at least 2-3 hours there in an evening. Live music from an authentic oompa band, delicious German food, great german beer, people dancing on the tables... I love it! It does tend to get VERY loud, so if you go, don't forget your earplugs.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say that we were disappointed by Bouchon. At the Wynn, Okada is good. Unfortunately, we didn''t get around to Bartolotta. At another hotel, there''s a good French-influenced restaurant. I don''t remember its name, but the wall is covered with roses in the shape of a pair of lips.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok! I''m totally ready and willing to do some research because I''m having to look into restaurants to have our after wedding dinner at.

So how many nights/days are you going to be there? You''ve already got Joel Robuchon down for one night, and you sound pretty interested in Bouchon and FIX. I''m thinking of doing Bouchon for a breakfast the day after the wedding, so I want to hear about it if you''re going there.

What are your favorite kinds of food? Do you care about celebrity chefs or do you just want to hit up the great food?

This sounds like a lot of fun for me to get some first hand knowledge of the restaurants I''m thinking about...

And thank you about the shoes! (I''m planning on getting another pair on top of the SWs...)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 2:16:53 PM
Author: musey
Are you after all high-end restaurants, or some fun, too?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Hofbrauhas, and always insist that any friend headed to Vegas check it out. It's a raucously good time and we always spend at least 2-3 hours there in an evening. Live music from an authentic oompa band, delicious German food, great german beer, people dancing on the tables... I love it! It does tend to get VERY loud, so if you go, don't forget your earplugs.

oh my, Musey. I just had flashbacks of a client event I had to attend there a couple of years ago. You're totally right- it was a raucously good time! I personally didn't care for the food though.

Harriet, sorry to hear that you didn't care for Bouchon. DH and I loved it! I NEVER order chicken at restaurants, but had to try it after it came highly recommended by a major foodie friend, and it didn't disappoint. I would go here over Joachim Splichal's Pinot Brasserie also at the Venetian.

You've gotten some excellent recommendations here. the only one i'd add to the mix if you're looking for steakhouse fare is BOA at Caesar's: http://www.boasteak.com/ note that they're not your typical steakhouse. the vibe is uber-cool/loungy. The service was the BEST i've ever had in Vegas! We were waited on by an older German gentleman, who you could tell was a "professional server"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results