shape
carat
color
clarity

Grooms wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
How much did you spend? or How much are you planning on spending (budget)?

(please post a picture if you have one)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I spent just over 6k on my husbands band.

I don't have a picture on my work computer...but it is a gypsy set very thick and wide band plat custom design...it has rb surprise diamonds on the outter rim (both sides) eternity style and 5 princess cuts starset and straight set along the top. Each princess is .25ct and the rbs are .05ct each.

ETA: My budget was 10k, btw.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes batman thats one lucky groom Italian :)

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I spent about 1k on my hubbys band.
It is Titanium with .48tcw diamonds (I color, VS clarity, each is .03 ct 2mmx2mm) and .16tcw of yellow sapphires. It is 10mm wide.
I know I probably could have gotten it for less (considering the metal) but he loved this design.

Here are a few pics...

all.together.01.JPG

FIs.titanium.diamond.band.JPG

FIs.titanium.diamond.band.03.JPG

Handshot:
wband.handshot.fi.02.JPG

Sorry if I went overboard with the pics... hee hee
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
FI is insistent on a very plain 6mm tungsten band [sigh]. He doesn''t even want platinum because he''s sure he''s going to lose it. I''ll be spending < $200. My budget for the platinum band (plain, no diamonds) was about $1000. Maybe he will want to upgrade later
2.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
My budget for his ring is $2000.00, but he wants a very plain platinum 6mm band. He will consider increasing to 7 or 8 mm, but nothing thinner and no "decorations" just a plain band. My own wedding band will be a thin 2mm platinum band as well. Maybe I can have an eternity band for an anniversary down the road.

ETA: That means that I probably WON'T spend all 2k on his band, since he wants a plain one!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Where, in your opinion, is the best place to buy a plain platinum groom''s band? That''s what my FI wants, too. Are you guys planning to buy your groom''s band from a Pricescope vendor?

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t set a budget toward the wedding bands, and we ended up with the Tiffany Lucida Pl. we both feel very comfortable wearing so we can wear it to work, I don''t know the exact price but won''t be anything more than 3k in total!
30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think about $4k. We like Stuart Moore and a heavy plat band with the tiniest diamonds spaced out. But FI hates bling so maybe a plain band around $3k. I am realizing how hard it must have been for FI to pick out my ring among all the styles because mens rings come in a zillion different styles, too. I would have been totally lost.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
meresal- While you know I'm not engaged, I have a budget in mind anyway for FF's wedding band. I'm thinking around $1,000-$2,000. He would freak out at that cost but I want him to have platinum and I want to pay for it.
2.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Wow girls!!! That is so much higher than we saw this past weekend. Fi wants something pretty plain, but the most we saw was around $1000. He also likes the look of white gold better than platinum. I''ll post a picture of the one he likes when I get home, but I feel like I''m being cheap, because it''s only $575.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I spent around the $2k mark for a custom-made tri-gold mokume gane band.

panweddingband.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We don't really have a budget for his ring because no matter what he picks, it'll still be cheaper than my ring!
37.gif
(despite my ring being plain platinum with no diamonds; I'm saving the diamond band for an anniversary, FI just doesn't know it yet
27.gif
). Here are the current favorites for his ring:

http://www.tungstenpride.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=15 - I like this one because it kind of matches the milgrained band I'm getting. Well, without the actual milgrain detail
19.gif

http://www.tungstenpride.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=21
http://www.tungstenpride.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=24

As you can tell from the website, they're all around $200. I told him he could get something more expensive, but this is exactly what he wants!

Meresal, you should post the ones your FI likes. I don't think there's anything wrong with his band being a bit cheap! I know my FI is so not into jewelry, and he'd probably flip if we spent more than $500 on his ring. He wants something simple that he can wear all the time and not have to worry about messing it up or ruining it like he would with something fancier. He already won't wear his semi-nice watch I got him if he's doing anything that could remotely injure it, so I'd hate for him to be taking his wedding band off all the time for the same reason.

ETA: I forgot to mention that the website I linked is the only one I've found so far that offers engraving on tungsten rings. Just something to consider if you're in the market for tungsten! I really wanted to engrave both of our rings and was so excited when I found that this site will do it. They also offer any width you want, which is nice.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent just under $400 on his titanium and platinum band. We shopped together, but he did all the picking out - I didn't want to influence his choice at all. The budget was free for him to get whatever he wanted... though I probably would have had to scramble for anything over $3k.

Here are our bands together:

museyandfisrings.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
He''s a very low-key kind of guy so we only spent a couple hundred dollars. I''d have to pull out the receipt, but I believe his band is titanium. It''s either titanium or tungsten, it''s the less expensive lighter-weight one. He doesn''t like the feeling of something heavy on his hands.
20.gif
I wasn''t too crazy about it not being gold or platinum, but hey it was what he wanted.
5.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
He got the cheapest one in the store...$99. Just a plain 6mm titanium band. Because of his line of work, he either can''t bring his ring at all, or he can''t wear it on his finger (slips it on his watchband) so, we''re both pretty confident it will be lost, and therefore also easily replaced.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
My FI and I originally bought each other plain, white gold bands when we were thinking about eloping. I think we spent a total of $400 for both. This was a few years ago, and the price of metal has gone up considerably, so I''m relieved that FI still wants to wear his when we get married later this year. My plain band doesn''t go with the engagement ring at all (we bought a new one to match) but I will keep it and wear it by itself sometimes because it still holds a lot of sentimental value to me.

p.s. - I''m really loving your rings together Musey!
30.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My fiance wanted a comfort fit 4mm platinum band. We tried them on in the stores, but over the holiday weddingringhotline.com was having a sale on platinum. I wound up getting his platinum band for around $500. I thought that was a pretty good deal for plain paltinum. Oh...I also got my plain wedding band (getting eternities later) at the same place for around $200. So my total order for both bands was a little over $700. No bad...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay...now I feel totally cheap! Italianhair, your mans ring cost more than mine, lol! Looks like I need to have a talk with him, jk!

As for my husbands band...I dragged him to the store because the ring I had orgainally gotten wasn''t comfort fit (i had NO CLUE about that with a mans band!). We ended up going to James Avery (I call it the tiffany of texas, lol) to try on comfort fits and to find out his size.

He wanted PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN! Well...he didn''t want to wear one at all, but I insisted he must! So, he tried on a few, and decided on one he liked...and it ended up being...sterling silver! I asked the lady how much for the WG ones, and they were only 250.00 and then the sterling silver one was only 50.00....so I let my husband choose. Sure enough, he went for the 50.00 sterling silver band, and he loves it!

Weird I know, but hey, if he likes it, that''s great! He also likes the look better when it''s all scratched up. He can''t have a band that can''t be cut off because of his line of work, so that put titanium, etc. out the window. He''s very pleased with his band, and i''m sure most think its WG. If he''s happy, I''m happy
41.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Everyone''s rings are so nice! I took DH in to get sized and he pointed to a comfort fit 14k YG ring while there and said, "something like that, plain and easy to wear." This was good since he described my father''s ring (worn only on his wedding day) perfectly. So DH''s ring cost $15 for the resize, but because of Jewish tradition I had to purchase it for a few silver pieces from Dad. Mom says it was from Shreve''s in ''72 so cost less than $100 then. So Meresal, don''t be feeling cheap!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
He wants platinum, and really likes a plain band with milgrain edges. I don''t know, depending on where we buy it and how wide he decides he wants it to be, I''d guess $1,000 - $2,000?

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance tried on a bunch, and I tried pushing something fancier, but he wanted a plain tungsten band - so that's what I bought him. 8 mm, flat, comfort fit.

So I got myself a 2 mm tungsten band to match, because his was so inexpensive!

bootsiekin

Shiny_Rock
DH''s ring was around $800. We got it at Bailey, Banks & Biddle and it is a Scott Kay. We were originally going to get platinum, but ended up getting palladium. I definitely recommend it as a MUCH better choice than white gold (for about the same cost!) All white gold yellows over time and has to be re-rhodium plated. Palladium stays white and has very similar wear patterns to platinum. The only major difference is the density - Palladium is much lighter than platinum.

rings rose 2sands.JPG

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:33:58 PM
Author: musey
I spent just under $400 on his titanium and platinum band. We shopped together, but he did all the picking out - I didn''t want to influence his choice at all. The budget was free for him to get whatever he wanted... though I probably would have had to scramble for anything over $3k.

museyandfisrings.jpg
i love your band. it looks like the tiffany jazz ring.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00109&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+23-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy%20WBSK%204.JPG

Palladium, Scott Kay, 8mm Javlin band. $1000-1500 (I fell out of my chair when they told me the price in platinum). We walked into Bailey bands and Biddle, and he tried on a few and this one was perfect.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 5:29:06 PM
Author: meresal
Wow girls!!! That is so much higher than we saw this past weekend. Fi wants something pretty plain, but the most we saw was around $1000. He also likes the look of white gold better than platinum. I''ll post a picture of the one he likes when I get home, but I feel like I''m being cheap, because it''s only $575.

Meresal- Don''t feel bad! I only said that was my BUDGET (meaning that is the amount I have set aside for his band and can''t go over). All of the plain bands that FI has looked at were well under the $1000 range, except Tiffany''s which was around $1800 for his and $800 for mine.

As an aside, FI even looked at wedding bands at Costco and they weren''t half bad! Especially for a plain platinum band, 7mm comfort fit band for him was around $800...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 11:53:20 PM
Author: happydreams
Date: 1/12/2009 8:33:58 PM
Author: musey
I spent just under $400 on his titanium and platinum band. We shopped together, but he did all the picking out - I didn't want to influence his choice at all. The budget was free for him to get whatever he wanted... though I probably would have had to scramble for anything over $3k.

museyandfisrings.jpg
i love your band. it looks like the tiffany jazz ring.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00109&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+23-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
Thanks... That's good, because it is a Tiffany Jazz band!
3.gif
Though not the one you linked. This one:

Tiffany Jazz Band Ring

Mine is the fixed (not flexible) 2mm eternity Jazz band. Here's my thread for reference: Musey's Wedding Band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results