shape
carat
color
clarity

New ebay goodies on their way

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought a few gems on ebay before, and haven''t really had issues, so I thought I try a few more.

Last year I took my SIL to a gem show and she fell in love with rubellite tourmaline. I bought one a few months back to have mounted as her x-mas gift, but it''s too deep to fit in any stock mountings, and not worth having a setting custom made for it. So, I went back to the drawing board and started my search over. As a replacement I found this 1.45ct oval:

th_tour627f-1.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want the rubellite to get lonely on it''s long journey from Thailand, so I bought it a few buddies to go along for the ride
28.gif

I picked up this .90ct aquamarine for myself. I know the color will be light, but my 6ct aqua is just too big for me to have mounted, so I thought this would be a more wearable size.

th_aq047f-1.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
And I just couldn''t resist the interesting cut on this 3.03ct green tourmaline. I doubt I''ll mount it, I just want to play with it
1.gif

tour565f-1.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
They should be here in a few weeks, and I''ll get lots of pictures to compare how they are in real life compared to the seller''s pictures. I haven''t purchased from this seller before, but their stones seemed a bit better cut than most of the overseas gem dealers, so for $30 for all three stones I thought I''d give them a try.

Any ideas for inexpensive ring moutning for the aqua? It''s 7x5mm so I should be able to get a stock mounting for it.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Those are all beautiful stones! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're as beautiful IRL as they are in the pics you posted. I myself have been trolling ebay for some stones; just got a setting yesterday, so maybe they'll travel from Asia together. Please promise you'll post pics when you receive them.

I have an emerald LOGR setting in my eBay saved file - lemme see if I can get a pic.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I promise lots of pics! My camera is actually pretty good at macro shots, so I should be able to get a good comparison in different lighting conditions. I'll put the sellers name up after I decide if these are close enough to the pictures from the listing.

I actually have that setting on my watch list right now!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oooh - so much fun, I love eBay goodies
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results